Travis

Flakey People
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Fri 05 Jun, 2009 11:36 PM Quote
Everyone has a flakey person story, let's hear it! I think I've shared many a story about how bummed I was that my plans were cancelled due to my flakey friends.
Example, December 30th 2007:

Quote:
Yes, alone... again. But I did have plans, but an hour ago my "friend" called me saying so-and-so called her crying so she's going to have to rain check, and we'll get coffee on Sunday. What if I have plans for Sunday already (I don't but that's neither here nor there)? I hate flaky people with a passion, and sadly this word can be used to describe my friends. All of 'em.

So what's the latest saga in my story. Some of your cities might have a First Friday where all of the galleries in the art district are open. The same goes for KC. I was planning on going down there and seeing this exhibit with my friend and eating some amazing authentic Mexican food. Sound fun? Well the fun stops there, because she just texted me an hour ago talking about how "exhausted" she was. Granted she might be exhausted, but that excuse is always a cop out. And now I'm going to spend my Friday night watching Saving Private Ryan for the umpteenth time.

Please share your biscuit (that's what I call flakey people) stories.

Re: Flakey People
goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Mon 08 Jun, 2009 4:06 PM Quote
i'm usually the biscuit in my friends' lives...but they do their fare share of flaking.

last night for example...my friends jenny and eric said they'd go with me to my (our) friend Brent's sketch cage match. At 6, jenny texts me that she has to have dinner with her parents so she cant go...at 7:30 eric texts me to tell me he's getting a lot of writing done so he's going to bail on me. mind you, the cage match is only an hour long...8 to 9pm. early.

...it was no big deal really but i definitely felt a little wave of disappointment...perhaps this will teach me a lesson about all my flaking! ;)

sorry your night was a bust! I've gone to one or two art walks in the past and they are pretty fun

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 3:19 AM