Travis

Re: Tomorrow, The Man Who is...
leticia
leticia Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 3:29 PM Quote
Ben, you are the best!! I think I've never heard "Last Laugh of the Laughter" live... amazing!!!

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 6:52 PM Quote
Damn Ben! You're a genious, a hero, etc...

Thanks! l'm downloading it right now :)

HAPPY BlRTHDAY, THE MAN WHO!

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 10:29 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
:)

It's amazing how old the songs are. Writing To Reach You, The Fear, As You Are, Turn, She's So Strange all written before Good Feeling came out. Maybe a couple of others too. :) The songs are nearer 15 years old (some of them).

And Safe (but that's off TIB). Once again, well done Ben. :) Ah such a special record.

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Sun 24 May, 2009 11:22 PM Quote
10 years... I was only 6 when the album came out, the years when I used to sing "Barbie Girl" or "Wannabe", I would wish to have had a copy of TMW then LoL
So... Happy Birthday The Man Who!!

And thanks very much, Ben! :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 2:10 AM Quote
irenesfor wrote:
10 years... I was only 6 when the album came out, the years when I used to sing "Barbie Girl" or "Wannabe", I would wish to have had a copy of TMW then LoL

Haha. I was 11 when it came out. I know what you mean. ;) Well, maybe not Barbie Girl. lol

MusicGirl99 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

It's amazing how old the songs are. Writing To Reach You, The Fear, As You Are, Turn, She's So Strange all written before Good Feeling came out. Maybe a couple of others too. :) The songs are nearer 15 years old (some of them).

And Safe (but that's off TIB). Once again, well done Ben. :) Ah such a special record.

And Flowers In The Window too, i think. Well... maybe not before Good Feeling but certainly before The Man Who. :) I wonder if Travis have any songs from the old days (Invisible Band, 12 Memories eras) they've still not released? We know "Lock Me Up" exists. :)

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 3:46 AM Quote
irenesfor wrote:
So... Happy Birthday The Man Who!!

And thanks very much, Ben! :)

hahaha
I KNOW!
TotallY agree with you, dear Irene.
I would wish that too.

Thanks Ben! :)

Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 5:03 AM Quote
One of the best albums of all time, Travis' crowning moment. It has aged very well.

Come to think of it, it's my favourite album of the 90s, and there is some stiff competition.

What an album. WTRY, Driftwood, Laugh, Turn, Rain, SSS - all timeless classics.

purplesky
purplesky Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 5:12 AM Quote
All timeless classics! I agree. the best of the 90s.
Happy 10th Birthday, The Man Who! :)

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 1:24 PM Quote
By the way, Ben!! Just a question. :) I recognised that the file name is '2 The Man Who(Live)'... Are there some more like this? I mean.. something like a best live collection. I hope there are '1 Good Feeling', '3 The Invisible Man' and etc..! ;)

Thank you very much anyway. This is great! :)

elodie
elodie Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 5:43 PM Quote
Fantastic album... I'm listening to it while I'm writing. The Fear. Aaaaaaaaah...

Happy Birthday ! and thanks for the songs, Ben ! :-)

Leia
Leia Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 7:47 PM Quote
The best album of the 90's for me.
Happy birthday, TMW!

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 9:09 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

MusicGirl99 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

And Flowers In The Window too, i think. Well... maybe not before Good Feeling but certainly before The Man Who. :) I wonder if Travis have any songs from the old days (Invisible Band, 12 Memories eras) they've still not released? We know "Lock Me Up" exists. :)

I was gonna mention FITW but wasn't sure. As for other songs from the old days, I know that Doctor song must be around somewhere but I doubt it will surface. I'd also love to hear the rap version, or just see the lyrics, of Walking Down the Hill.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 11:03 PM Quote
singme0430 wrote:
By the way, Ben!! Just a question. :) I recognised that the file name is '2 The Man Who(Live)'... Are there some more like this? I mean.. something like a best live collection. I hope there are '1 Good Feeling', '3 The Invisible Man' and etc..! ;)

I made 6 folders for the 6 albums. :) I would love to be able to do it for the other albums but unfortunately The Man Who and Ode To J Smith are the only albums that the band have played the whole of live. And i don't have some of the Ode songs in very good quality. I have every song from The Invisible Band except Afterglow. I can still put it together though (without Afterglow), if you think it'll still be worthwhile. :)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 11:07 PM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

MusicGirl99 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:

I was gonna mention FITW but wasn't sure. As for other songs from the old days, I know that Doctor song must be around somewhere but I doubt it will surface. I'd also love to hear the rap version, or just see the lyrics, of Walking Down the Hill.

Doctor song? I don't know what that is... or maybe i do. It rings a bell, i just can't quite remember. Wow, i never knew Walking Down the Hill had a rap version! Haha. Fran did say Side began as a rap... i think. lol There was a song called 7 Candles. But The Ballad Of J Smith has the "7 candles" in the lyrics. That could be the same song. There were a couple of others too mentioned that i can't remember the names of.

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 1:02 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
singme0430 wrote:

I made 6 folders for the 6 albums. :) I would love to be able to do it for the other albums but unfortunately The Man Who and Ode To J Smith are the only albums that the band have played the whole of live. And i don't have some of the Ode songs in very good quality. I have every song from The Invisible Band except Afterglow. I can still put it together though (without Afterglow), if you think it'll still be worthwhile. :)

REALLY?! :D The Ode and The Invisible Band!!! ..Would you mind posting them here, Ben? ;) Hope I don't bother you much. And.. hope I don't spoil the purpose of this thread!

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 3:08 AM