Travis

WILTERN THEATRE LOS ANGELES (SAT)----FANS WERE CHEATED !!!!
bigjohnsonlax
bigjohnsonlax Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 4:22 PM Quote
Did anyone else miss the Saturdays Show at the WILTERN which was consolidated to the FRIDAY?
I am a HUGE Travis fan and was done wrong!
I showed up to the Wiltern on that Saturday night to find out that nobody was around. Why didnt i get the memo???
Im not the type to check my email every freakin day, so how was i to know that they consolidated the two shows to one night?

I think the smart thing to do was to consolidate the shows to Saturday so if you show up friday, they can put up a sign that says "Travis show rescheduled for tomorrow"
This way nobody will miss out.

They OWE US one more show in LOS ANGELES cuz of this change of the scheduled show. what do you think???

BUT I THANK ALL THE TRAVIS FANS WHO POSTED THE CONCERT ON YOUTUBE. THANKS!! it looked like an awesome show.
I wish i was there!

Re: WILTERN THEATRE LOS ANGELES (SAT)----FANS WERE CHEATED !
lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Wed 29 Apr, 2009 10:52 PM Quote
I understand your frustration; I would be upset too if I missed a Travis show that I thought I was going to. BUT I received an e-mail at least two weeks in advance, another one a week later, and another one a couple days before the show. As well as the announcement on this website. So I think there was adequate informing. My only suggestion to you, since you don't check your email once in three weeks is to not put that on the contact when you purchase your tickets and then they would have to reach you by phone.

Additionally, it was out of TRAVIS' control. I don’t think it would have been possible for them to play on the Saturday since it was already booked at the larger venue. I don't think you will get another show in LA for quite a while, especially since they were just there back in November '08 and that was the only show they did in the US at that time.

Again, sorry you missed it. Glad you're enjoying the videos!

bigjohnsonlax
bigjohnsonlax Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 6:11 PM Quote
I did check my email. I recieved a reminder that the venue had been changed to the Wiltern and will be playing on Saturday. I even called Ticketmaster, and they said that they were NOT notified of the consolidation of shows.

Fortunately I was able to see them at the Troubadour. That was an awesome show.

I first saw them when they opened up for OASIS at the Universal Amphitheatre back in the early 90's and was a fan ever since.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Fri 01 May, 2009 10:33 PM Quote
Oh that is really weird then that it said the Wiltern on Saturday. Stupid ticketbastard.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:41 PM