Travis

April fool's day
Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 8:28 AM Quote
I'm hoping that this is just an evil joke.

Legalised rape

Has anyone spotted some jokes on the news today, or has anyone pulled an April fool on you? :)

Re: April fool's day
mili
mili Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 10:23 AM Quote
I'm afraid that's not a joke.

But this is:

"New Dollar Sign Proposed by Congress to Reflect Economic Conditions"

http://www.ascendercorp.com/pr/2009-04-01/

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 12:03 PM Quote
Haha

We've had a variety of jokes in the papers today;

- a bridge is to be taken down and be replaced by a "CO2-friendly tunnel"

- There is a job advert for a mermaid replacement. The statue of the Little Mermaid in Copenhagen is to be sent to the Expo 2010 exhibition in Shanghai (not a joke) and now the city is looking for someone to sit on a stone while she's away (and that's the joke!)

- The Prime Minister wanted to visit a Friday prayer at a Mosque, but didn't attend cos he didn't know whether to bring his own prayer mat.

And the jokes just keep on coming :)

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 1:09 PM Quote
Well, my lovely 10 year old son told me this morning that Travisonline had been taken offline and wasn't going to be put back on until 2012 :-S
It took me a while to realise what day it was and tbh, I think he's trying to tell me something!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 1:20 PM Quote
On the radio today they announced that due to the economic crisis, Major League Baseball is asking fans to throw foul balls back onto the field instead of keeping them as souvenirs.

I also told my 7-year-old that we were going to have another baby. She was overjoyed. She was so disappointed when I told her it was an April Fool's joke.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 3:01 PM Quote
Cartoon Network always pulls a prank. Their prank was to play this cult movie that has been called the worse movie ever. It's called The Room. It was so bad! And there were sex scenes so they had to cover the naughty bits with a black box, it only made it more ridiculous.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 3:06 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Cartoon Network always pulls a prank. Their prank was to play this cult movie that has been called the worse movie ever. It's called The Room.It was so bad! And there were sex scenes so they had to cover the naughty bits with a black box, it only made it more ridiculous.

I can't wait to see it. But I thought the worst movie ever made was supposed to be Plan 9 From Outer Space. It's quite bad. Someone gave me the video as a gag gift. It's great to watch after "Ed Wood."

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 3:22 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
Cartoon Network always pulls a prank. Their prank was to play this cult movie that has been called the worse movie ever. It's called The Room.It was so bad! And there were sex scenes so they had to cover the naughty bits with a black box, it only made it more ridiculous.

I can't wait to see it. But I thought the worst movie ever made was supposed to be Plan 9 From Outer Space. It's quite bad. Someone gave me the video as a gag gift. It's great to watch after "Ed Wood."

I don't think they're going to show it again Kayte. They usually pull the prank at midnight on April Fool's Day. I watched the movie last night, and then again at 1:30...

All of the featured videos on YouTube are upside down.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 3:25 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

I don't think they're going to show it again Kayte. They usually pull the prank at midnight on April Fool's Day. I watched the movie last night, and then again at 1:30...

All of the featured videos on YouTube are upside down.

I can probably catch it on video. There's a section at a store near me called "Le Bad."

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 3:35 PM Quote
I just bought Detroit

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 3:47 PM Quote
Song of the Day

It's not a RickRoll or any other prank.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 4:08 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
I just bought Detroit

And you have money left over, I'll bet!

Hanne
Hanne Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 4:30 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

I also told my 7-year-old that we were going to have another baby. She was overjoyed. She was so disappointed when I told her it was an April Fool's joke.

You're evil lol

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 4:50 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
ricv64 wrote:
I just bought Detroit

And you have money left over, I'll bet!

ayup debating on adding Hamilton or Muskegon to my purchase

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 5:25 PM Quote