Travis

Re: My 3-year-old's review of AIWTDIR
emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Mon 11 May, 2009 7:17 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
We were listening to music in the kitchen while I prepared lunch. I gave a very emotional, heart-felt performance of AIWTDIR when it came on.

"Mommy, you're cwazy."
"This is a boy's song. It's too cwazy for me."
"I want a girl's song. I wanna do ballet."

So, apparently, it is a crazy boy's song, not suitable for ballet dancing.
She was, however, quite taken with The Distance.

Kids! gotta love their honesty! well until they are at least 12!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 7:09 PM Quote
mili wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Maybe you should play songs like Closer or Love Will Come Through for her when she wants to do the ballet.

My pre-teen son just asked to have Closer in his phone. His taste of music is pretty much defined by Guitar Hero World Tour at the moment (La Bamba, anyone?), so I'm delighted to send some decent stuff his way.
We have a family joke to change lyrics to any suitable song and this morning I heard him singing "toaster, toaster" to the tune of Closer as he was getting the toaster out of the cupboard.

My 5-year-old son was singing Closer yesterday. I didn't realize the lyrics were, "Closer, closer, meeee-ow, mee-ow, meeee-ow, mee-ow." He's one cool cat.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 7:44 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

My 5-year-old son was singing Closer yesterday. I didn't realize the lyrics were, "Closer, closer, meeee-ow, mee-ow, meeee-ow, mee-ow." He's one cool cat.

I believe we have the next Francis Healy on our hands

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 6:43 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
mili wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Maybe you should play songs like Closer or Love Will Come Through for her when she wants to do the ballet.

My pre-teen son just asked to have Closer in his phone. His taste of music is pretty much defined by Guitar Hero World Tour at the moment (La Bamba, anyone?), so I'm delighted to send some decent stuff his way.
We have a family joke to change lyrics to any suitable song and this morning I heard him singing "toaster, toaster" to the tune of Closer as he was getting the toaster out of the cupboard.

Oh, that is so cute. I can picture lil Max doing that too, lol. Kayte, I have a feeling Anne would love this version of "Closer." :)

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 4:04 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

hoho
that's so sweet :)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 27 May, 2009 4:18 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Oh, that is so cute. I can picture lil Max doing that too, lol. Kayte, I have a feeling Anne would love this version of "Closer." :)

I thoroughly approve. I hope he will perform for me when we meet.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 7:44 AM