Travis

Re: LA songs
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 16 Mar, 2009 11:07 PM Quote
Randy Newman I Love LA

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 18 Mar, 2009 1:27 PM Quote

I once read or heard in an interview somewhere that Amy's song "L.A." is not really about the city Los Angeles but a guy whose names start wir L & A (despite the fact that she actually sings: "this is a story about a boy named Jay"...)

...so this L.A. is that filmstar she or her sister was so totally in love with or something...(if I recall that right it was her sister...)can't remember it exactly...so the whole song is about the extreme fan behaviour which is extreme naive and childish...since those feelings are not even based on something real.

but def. not about the city L.A

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 18 Mar, 2009 3:55 PM Quote
Nell wrote:

I once read or heard in an interview somewhere that Amy's song "L.A." is not really about the city Los Angeles but a guy whose names start wir L & A (despite the fact that she actually sings: "this is a story about a boy named Jay"...)

...so this L.A. is that filmstar she or her sister was so totally in love with or something...(if I recall that right it was her sister...)can't remember it exactly...so the whole song is about the extreme fan behaviour which is extreme naive and childish...since those feelings are not even based on something real.

Still a nice song though ;)

I'm happy to be by myself, I don't need no one else - that line tells the story of my life :)

Nell
Nell Posted Wed 18 Mar, 2009 5:30 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Nell wrote:

I'm happy to be by myself, I don't need no one else - that line tells the story of my life :)

so u don't need a gf?..hehe..just kiddin..

yap nice song - i really love the bridge though..

cheers

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 18 Mar, 2009 6:18 PM Quote
Nell wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Nell wrote:

so u don't need a gf?..hehe..just kiddin..

yap nice song - i really love the bridge though..

cheers

I don't need anyone, life has made me a loner :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 23 Mar, 2009 1:36 PM Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d0pRFu4G-k

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 2:25 PM Quote
BAD year at UCLA

Moray
Moray Posted Tue 31 Mar, 2009 4:26 PM Quote
Didn't Sinatra do "LA is my Lady"?

And then to completely genre shift, there's Motley Crue's "Saints of LA".

bernie
bernie Posted Fri 03 Apr, 2009 3:49 AM Quote

I can't believe this one has not been mentioned yet...because simply put Frank rules.

Frank Black - Los Angeles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDVgfnyHP0c

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 03 Apr, 2009 2:08 PM Quote
X

irenesfor
irenesfor Posted Sat 04 Apr, 2009 10:45 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:

Off topic, but I've been with this line in my head all the day lol

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 11:09 PM