Travis

Re: Explain to me the wonders of Bruce Springsteen
Moray
Moray Posted Sun 01 Feb, 2009 8:57 PM Quote
Early Springsteen is great. I can see the appeal. Born to Run is one of my favourite songs. I remember hearing it as a teenager when I lived in a small town, and it really spoke to me, about wanting to get out, see the big wide world. Its just so anthemic and exciting. When he shouts "1... 2... 3... 4...", how can you not love that song and want to be in a gig singing along?! Its a classic album - Thunder Road, Jungleland and Backstreets.

Plus the guy just oozes cool. He's one of the few stars thats grown old gracefully and one of the few people I'd relish seeing at a stadium show.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 1:48 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Early Springsteen is great. I can see the appeal. Born to Run is one of my favourite songs. I remember hearing it as a teenager when I lived in a small town, and it really spoke to me, about wanting to get out, see the big wide world. Its just so anthemic and exciting. When he shouts "1... 2... 3... 4...", how can you not love that song and want to be in a gig singing along?! Its a classic album - Thunder Road, Jungleland and Backstreets.

Plus the guy just oozes cool. He's one of the few stars thats grown old gracefully and one of the few people I'd relish seeing at a stadium show.

Shite!!

Not the stuff about how you feel, as music can ony evoke emotions, but trying to justify shit when it's just shit...away ye go you wanker.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 2:04 PM Quote
dear kayte or nikki , why did you not grab me a copy of this is the better question

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ron-Asheton-Metro-Times-Detroit_W0QQitemZ280306062489QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMagazines?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

tsk tsk

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 3:07 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
dear kayte or nikki , why did you not grab me a copy of this is the better question

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ron-Asheton-Metro-Times-Detroit_W0QQitemZ280306062489QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMagazines?_trksid=p3286.m20.l1116

tsk tsk

If I had seen it, I absolutely would have, but I rarely leave the house.

Check this out, this is exactly mine, but in waaay better condition (but without pick guard) Old Kay

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 3:31 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

I conquer! =)

And then the 1....2....3....4 is followed by one of my favourite music parts EVER:

Highway's jammed with broken heroes
On a last-chance power drive
Everybody's out on the road tonight, but
There's no place left to hide
Together Wendy, we can live with the sadness
I'll love you with all the madness in my soul
Oh, someday girl, I don't know when
We're gonna get to that place where we really wanna go
And we'll walk in the sun
But till then, tramps like us, baby, we were born to run

WOW! Better Days is one of my all time Bruce favourites too!

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 3:34 PM Quote
He was great yesterday at the Super Bowl!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 3:35 PM Quote
Rammsfer wrote:
He was great yesterday at the Super Bowl!

I can only imagine!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 3:38 PM Quote
He slid on his knees into a camera last night. Crotch first. I was talking to Nikki at the time. We laughed.
She asked "is he singing higher now?"

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 02 Feb, 2009 3:41 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
He slid on his knees into a camera last night. Crotch first. I was talking to Nikki at the time. We laughed.
She asked "is he singing higher now?"

LOL!

I use to squeeze my scrotum while transposing my songs :P
Nah, just kidding.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 12:40 AM