Travis

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE (RESULTS, TABLES AND 17TH ROUND OF VOTING
TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 10:37 AM Quote
I hope you're not too upset with my little mistake, this is my first season, lol! Do you think that Ballad and Life And Soul deserves the promotion?

There are TOO many good songs in division 1! I would put almost every one of them above some of my least favourite singles ;)

Spot 1-4 in Division 2 should stay this way until the end of the season, these are the songs that ought to be promoted!

Some opinions wanted! If there will be a new Travis album released as promised, what should I do?

* Continue with the current league system and let all of the new songs be challengers?

* Let the new songs compete in some sort of play-off league and relegate more songs than normaly from division 3(perhaps 6 songs)

* Randomly place the new songs in different divisions and expend all of the divisions to make room for them.

* Expend only the lower divisions or division 3 to make room for them.

* Add a new division for the new songs.

Maybe I should create a poll about this instead and I know that it's a bit early to think about this, but my mind is getting stressed by the fact that new songs will be released...

Also how would you feel if I decided to promote one or two more songs from the bench by the end of this season? I wouldn't relegate more than two songs from Division 3, I would only expend the division with the most popular songs from the bench.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 12:52 PM Quote
To be honest Alex I think more songs can be promoted and relegated. At least until the leagues have settled more. A lot seem to be in wrong leagues but I can understand it would have been difficult to guess what songs should go where. About a new album I think a quick poll to determine the order in which they should be seeded. My gosh, aren't we getting serious. LOL Like you say, that's a long time away. I think more leagues would be too much work for you though you could add a couple more, with less teams. I mean, somehow work relegation/promotion around making more but shorter leagues. 20 at the moment right? Maybe 6 leagues of 15. It would be less work as it would be 2 leagues at a time still. Anyway, there's some ideas that have just popped into my head. Might be nonsense but have a think about what you want. I don't think new songs should be challengers though. They should be entered straight in. Album tracks that is. :)

Re: TRAVIS LEAGUE
deebee
deebee Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 1:05 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Good evening!

There are a lot of stuff going on right now, some good things and some less good. Well I think it's best if you check it out for yourselves!
I'll do this in boardie-style:

Lets all F##K OFF TO THE UTTER SHITE!(aka the awesome Travis League)

Cheers!

Oh Alex!!!! You're letting them get to you! DON'T!!!! BTW, the Travis league is EXACTLY what this board should be all about......right, enough said, I'm off to check out the league ;-D

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 1:17 PM Quote
I was confused when I first saw that but then I went over to the dreaded G Chat area. My mistake, won't be doing that again for a while. lol Just ignore the idiots Alex. Same goes to everyone else who has more than 7 brain cells. Just ignore them. :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 2:33 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Good evening!

There are a lot of stuff going on right now, some good things and some less good. Well I think it's best if you check it out for yourselves!

Cheers!

Oh Alex!!!! You're letting them get to you! DON'T!!!! BTW, the Travis league is EXACTLY what this board should be all about......right, enough said, I'm off to check out the league ;-D

Haha that was supposed to be taken as a joke, I just wanted to brighten up the atmosphere a bit ;)

G-chat is way out of hand right now, I'll probably spend most of my time on this side from now on :P

@ Ben! Yeah an opinion poll might be the solution, but I'll put this to rest for now and concentrate on the ongoing season ;) But wouldn't it be a bit unfair to the other songs if I'll let the new songs skip some steps and start in the higher divisions straight away? Well I guess the songs don't have feelings so it doesn't really matter anyway :P

Haha enough for now!

leticia
leticia Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 3:04 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Good evening!

Cheers!

Yeah!!

Hey, question. I am not used to visit every single thread in the Travis Thread but do you see those people that made those nasty comments around this part of the website? I think I haven't!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 3:15 PM Quote
leticia wrote:

Yeah!!

Hey, question. I am not used to visit every single thread in the Travis Thread but do you see those people that made those nasty comments around this part of the website? I think I haven't!

Nah they usually just hang around at the G-chat, some of them don't even like Travis.

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 3:25 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
leticia wrote:

Yeah!!

Nah they usually just hang around at the G-chat, some of them don't even like Travis.

A point i was going to make. And i'm glad they don't, otherwise they'd be coming round these parts ruining the place.

Got your PM. I'll reply soon. ;)

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 3:38 PM Quote
Let's just enjoy what we came here to enjoy!!!

I agree with what you say about Division one - there are plenty of songs that should be in the Premiership! I'm not surprised that As You Are rates so high (it's in the wrong place to start with)

Off topic, I've been collecting the singles on vinyl for a while now but still haven't got a player for them (At least, they're nice to look at, LOL). Having heard Ring Out The Bell live, I'm desperate for an MP3 version of this song so I can actually LISTEN to it. Would anyone be able to help me out? Pleeeease......

EDIT - just voted! BUT most of the songs getting my vote this time seem to be losing :-(

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 4:20 PM Quote
About what you said before Alex, you're probably right. It wouldn't be fair to just shove all the new songs (that we don't even know yet, and probably don't exist :P) in the league because other songs will be pushed out. It's up to you. :)

deebee wrote:
Off topic, I've been collecting the singles on vinyl for a while now but still haven't got a player for them (At least, they're nice to look at, LOL). Having heard Ring Out The Bell live, I'm desperate for an MP version of this song so I can actually LISTEN to it. Would anyone be able to help me out? Pleeeease......

I guess MP means mp3 and you don't want a Member of Parliament sent to you. lol You want an mp3 of Ring Out The Bell? I could send that. Need your email address. ;) PM me if you want. :)

deebee
deebee Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 4:40 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
About what you said before Alex, you're probably right. It wouldn't be fair to just shove all the new songs (that we don't even know yet, and probably don't exist :P) in the league because other songs will be pushed out. It's up to you. :)

deebee wrote:
Off topic, I've been collecting the singles on vinyl for a while now but still haven't got a player for them (At least, they're nice to look at, LOL). Having heard Ring Out The Bell live, I'm desperate for an MP version of this song so I can actually LISTEN to it. Would anyone be able to help me out? Pleeeease......

I guess MP means mp3 and you don't want a Member of Parliament sent to you. lol You want an mp3 of Ring Out The Bell? I could send that. Need your email address. ;) PM me if you want. :)

Haha oooops major typo! yes, Ben, that'd be great, thanks!

leticia
leticia Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 5:05 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
leticia wrote:

Yeah!!

Unbelievable...

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 5:06 PM Quote

Somewhere Else - 3 Times And You Lose: 10 - 11

Noooo!!! If I had known this I would have voted for Somewhere Else.

And come on, Pipe Dreams is miles better than Before You Were Young. And finally, I'm beggining to sense some hate towards The Line Is Fine, lol. As we'd say here: yo te banco, The Line Is Fine!

Re-Offender vs Writing To Reach You??? Horrible battle.

Hello to my fellow unknown Tied To The 90s voter! :o)

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 5:20 PM Quote
Haha. Serves you right for not voting Juli. :P :) Hehe.

I agree, i voted for Pipe Dreams over Before You Were Young. Pipe Dreams should have been a single for me. It's a great song, as are most on The Invisible Band. I just love that album!!! :)

I like The Line Is Fine a lot. Certainly more than most on here but i don't always vote for it. :)

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Wed 25 Feb, 2009 7:00 PM Quote
So first it was Why Does It Always Rain and now it's Closer!
Juli I don't sympathize with your voting skills, but I truly emphatize with them, lol!
Only kidding Tied To The 90's probably need all the love it can get, so it's great that you're there to hug it warm in its cold and lonely nights :)

Pages Previous 1...39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:36 PM