Travis

Re: Terrible Travis Tracks Thread
sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Fri 07 Sep, 2007 5:53 PM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
Paperclips!
Always skip it. For me it sounds as bad as chalk squeaks on a blackboard *shudders*

I love those posts, we're all so different!!!
Paperclips is one of my favorite, so melodic with that melancholic taste to it.

Uaba
Uaba Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 7:34 PM Quote
ashleyb wrote:
Uaba wrote:
ashleyb wrote:

oh no! not out in space! I love that song :)

It´s because the lyrics didn´t touch me... yet. I have this problem, I have to spend a long time to get used to some songs!!

Well, just give it time. It'll grow on you, promise!

Thanks!! I´ll try hard to make it happen ;]

squirepike
squirepike Posted Sat 08 Sep, 2007 11:19 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
to be fair Flowers In The Window isn't bad live with just Fran and the acoustic guitar

Very true. I saw him perform it in San Fran.

Moray
Moray Posted Sun 09 Sep, 2007 12:49 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
I love this song. The lyric is cool. The backing vocal in the chorus is a lost treasure. Come on Harry, you're breaking by heart... ahem

We are wrong we are wrong we are oh so so wrong
We are monkeys
(ba-na-na)

: )

I was just idly surfing through this thread. In all the years of listening to we are monkeys, i completely missed that the backing vocal was "ba-na-na"! I only just got that. Slowest. Person. Evar

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Sun 09 Sep, 2007 1:12 AM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
Fran wrote:
I love this song. The lyric is cool. The backing vocal in the chorus is a lost treasure. Come on Harry, you're breaking by heart... ahem

We are wrong we are wrong we are oh so so wrong
We are monkeys
(ba-na-na)

: )

I was just idly surfing through this thread. In all the years of listening to we are monkeys, i completely missed that the backing vocal was "ba-na-na"! I only just got that. Slowest. Person. Evar

Someone else mentioned that too so you are not the only one! I guess I kinda missed it/never really noticed it until I read Fran's post as well. Now I love it even more :)

Yulia Nox
Yulia Nox Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 4:43 AM Quote
eliza wrote:
Midsummer Nights Dreaming
No cigar

ohhh
no cigar is a classical funny song! xD

anitasing
anitasing Posted Sun 23 Sep, 2007 8:19 PM Quote
HI!, this is a tough one...but I gotta admit there are some songs I don´t listen very often.
Dear diary and perhaps Mid-kife krysis. Have I just read "Flowers in the window"? yo´ve gotta be kidding!! that´s a great song....and we are monkeys?hey, I´m not saying it´s the best, but it´s quite fun!!
See you!
Viva Travis in Argentina!!!

may
may Posted Mon 24 Sep, 2007 3:02 AM Quote
I can't bear The Last Laugh Of The Laughter and Paperclips.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 17 Oct, 2007 5:41 AM Quote
Wow! Never thought there were many people who didn't like Flowers In The Window and Paperclips!

The worst to me is New Amsterdam, though it's growing on me. Luv isn't my favourite but I still like it and don't skip it. I think it's New Amsterdam. Can't choose other songs...
I do think Sing is not remotely their best song, but it's the song that led me to Travis, so I respect it :oP.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 17 Oct, 2007 7:45 AM Quote
so funny...Paperclips is still one of my favorite and New Amsterdam is surely the best track of the album for me!

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Wed 17 Oct, 2007 9:01 AM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
so funny...Paperclips is still one of my favorite and New Amsterdam is surely the best track of the album for me!

Just admit it - you've got a really weird taste in music. I bet you like 'em foreign black and white, reeeeally deep and depressing arty films as well, eh? ; )

*ducks just to be safe*
Btw, it was all meant in good humour : )

Paperclips is kind of a tricky tune. It's not that it's musically or lyrically bad or anything, it is the atmosphere it creates that creeps most people out. Like it's been said here - it's too dark. Erm, something like suddenly seeing an always happy clown somewhere in the bar, very depressed (a lot of bad memories) and boozing away...
I think i remember reading somewhere that Fran said that it's in fact a good thing if people can't associate themselves with the song and if they don't like it that much. I guess i'm lucky then, because i can honestly say Paperclips isn't "my song", if you know what i mean.

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 17 Oct, 2007 9:08 AM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:

Just admit it - you've got a really weird taste in music. I bet you like 'em foreign black and white, reeeeally deep and depressing arty films as well, eh? ; )

Just admit you're quite intolerant and can't imagine others liking something different...and have you ever seen a Wim Wenders movie? ha ha ha...

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 17 Oct, 2007 9:19 AM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:

Paperclips is kind of a tricky tune. It's not that it's musically or lyrically bad or anything, it is the atmosphere it creates that creeps most people out. Like it's been said here - it's too dark. Erm, something like suddenly seeing an always happy clown somewhere in the bar, very depressed (a lot of bad memories) and boozing away...

dark is fine, happy tune is fine as well ...I find funny that it should creeps people out as you say when in the meantime most of us would say Radiohead, Pink Floyd, David Bowie, Bob Dylan are enormous and their tunes don't fit in happy tune all the time either. Whatever people like is fine by me. And I would say those tracks are deeper tracks (like 1 2 3 x and u lose and the 2 hidden tracks on TBWNN) rather than dark tracks, but I guess it's a personal feeling.
I like your visions for the song there! I always simply saw paperclips on a leather top desk...and a hand playing with them in search of inspiration.

Sky-Blue Puppy
Sky-Blue Puppy Posted Wed 17 Oct, 2007 9:28 AM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
Just admit you're quite intolerant and can't imagine others liking something different...and have you ever seen a Wim Wenders movie? ha ha ha...

You obviously missed this line of mine: "Btw, it was all meant in good humour : )"

Jeesh it's hard to joke on this board...

sorry angel
sorry angel Posted Wed 17 Oct, 2007 9:36 AM Quote
Sky-Blue Puppy wrote:
You obviously missed this line of mine: "Btw, it was all meant in good humour : )"

Jeesh it's hard to joke on this board...

Sorry but it seems that it's you missing it...
I ended saying "ha ha ha"...

Pages Previous 1...6 7 8 9 [10] 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:52 PM