Travis

Travis' Silence in Canada! (aka The Terrible Mistake)
WePlantsAreHappyPlants
WePlantsAreHappyPlants Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 7:24 PM Quote
Hey all.

I just noticed that Travis were playing in Mexico again. Oh! I mean, great to Talia and her friends!
On the other hand....well...I have become pretty tired of looking at dates online only to realise that you will probably never come back to Montreal, where music scene is so essentially richer, culturally valued and varied than in the rest of North America.
A bunch of bands recently invaded the continent, and it mostly all started in Montreal.

Why did you guys completely abandon your Montreal public, who was there for you each time you toured at the end of the 90's early 00's? Montreal was a great door into the continent...now Montreal is useless? This is the feeling I get from looking at announcements.

Fuck it! I'm really pissed. Fran, forgive my honesty, or please welcome my honesty rather than forgive it. I am pissed because now I know I will probably never get to see you on stage again. It seems absurd to me. You could have developed a musical relationship with this City! You had such a nice impact in your first visit.....aww...nobody's listening.

A Montréalaise who knows that you know that she knows that you know that WE liked you here even before you ever added Ben Stiller to your marketing strategies.

But now we just have to move on here since nothing is coming....
So let's all just group-hug Rufus Wainwright?

God.
I'm the most pissed ping pong poet probably ever produced. It's just...a shame you know? Like....ah...eh....oh well...

WePlants are happy about other things now. We had to change yeah. We had to find new hobbies.
Help me see you live. Help my friends take interest in you and their friends and enemies too.
You know I'm right!

Fran, you haven't been on Saint-Catherine St since...almost 8 years like.

8 years !

I've had time to lose 30 pounds, have 3 gray hair and write 1000 poems. Just play us a few songs and we'll let you leave to the USA as soon as it's done.

Happy Xmas anyways!
We Plants are frozen plants xxx
Annie

Re: Travis' Silence in Canada! (aka The Terrible Mistake)
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 10:20 PM Quote
The Terrible Mistake sounds like an emo band name.

Sorry, not trying to make light of your post but when I saw the title that's the first thing I thought of.

While I have no clue what they are going to do, maybe wait until they announce the rest of their North American dates before you get totally pissed?

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 11 Dec, 2008 10:26 PM Quote
Plants! Couldn't believe it when I was you'd posted... Too bad it's such a serious occasion.

Hope you're ok though apart from the missing Travis gigs :o)

x

WePlantsAreHappyPlants
WePlantsAreHappyPlants Posted Fri 12 Dec, 2008 6:40 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
The Terrible Mistake sounds like an emo band name.

Well, that's cool. I wanted something that sounded overly dramatic with a killer diagonal fringe.

While I appreciate your almost-wisdom, as I said, I have been writing this for 8 years. Have you been able to read since 8 years already?

Who do you work for anyway? The anti-tour fan club?

As for me, I have been writing on here for a long long time and I know what I am writing, always, pastor. I trust that people who have to feel concerned with this know me at least well enough to know my kindness and my free speech.

Just my first impressions about your first impressions.
good night!

WePlantsAreHappyPlants
WePlantsAreHappyPlants Posted Fri 12 Dec, 2008 6:50 AM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Plants! Couldn't believe it when I was you'd posted... Too bad it's such a serious occasion.

Hope you're ok though apart from the missing Travis gigs :o)

x

Hanne :)
Life has been recently exciting for me since I was- came back from Europe. It was a very...educative experience in my life museum I shall say.

Now I'm teaching..and I actually showed the Writing to Reach You vid to expose my pupils to modern Scot music after a lesson on the History of Scotland! I love my life...at least for the moment! And I try to keep writing though I have procrastinated a big deal since I started working. But we have lots of holidays yay.

What are you up to nowadays?
I'm opinionated, I'm not the hulk smashing a can of Green giants green peas or anything of the likes.

What have people been up to here? God, I remember the old days when Bombus was around fucking the peace all over...... aw.
Planty
xx

Hanne
Hanne Posted Fri 12 Dec, 2008 7:53 AM Quote
WePlantsAreHappyPlants wrote:

Hanne :)
Life has been recently exciting for me since I was- came back from Europe. It was a very...educative experience in my life museum I shall say.

Now I'm teaching..and I actually showed the Writing to Reach You vid to expose my pupils to modern Scot music after a lesson on the History of Scotland! I love my life...at least for the moment! And I try to keep writing though I have procrastinated a big deal since I started working. But we have lots of holidays yay.

What are you up to nowadays?
I'm opinionated, I'm not the hulk smashing a can of Green giants green peas or anything of the likes.

What have people been up to here? God, I remember the old days when Bombus was around fucking the peace all over...... aw.
Planty
xx

It's good to hear that you're doing well :o)

Just read my own post again and the first sentence makes absolutely no sense. What I meant was that I couldn't believe my own eyes when I saw that you'd posted. Does it make more sense now? lol

Yeah I remember the days when Bombus was around, not to mention Gogz and the other people stirring up the board! Turps also posted a while ago - another blast from the past :o)

Ursina
Ursina Posted Fri 12 Dec, 2008 9:07 AM Quote
och Planty what a sad occasion to see you here again ! It's been a long while since the good old times.

I wish I was the Travisboard Fairy and transport you to one of their fabulous gigs just now or maybe I could hijack them for you on their way to Mexico ... I would if I could!

All the same it's great to see you here :) still the same lyrical Annie :)

*hugs*
Sina:)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 12 Dec, 2008 1:32 PM Quote
WePlantsAreHappyPlants wrote:
While I appreciate your almost-wisdom, as I said, I have been writing this for 8 years. Have you been able to read since 8 years already?

Who do you work for anyway? The anti-tour fan club?

As for me, I have been writing on here for a long long time and I know what I am writing, always, pastor. I trust that people who have to feel concerned with this know me at least well enough to know my kindness and my free speech.

Just my first impressions about your first impressions.
good night!

I did not mean my suggestion to wait to be taken as a negative. Rather I meant it to come across like "hey, have some hope! maybe they'll surprise you."

I'm sorry if you took it as somehow against you.

I haven't been around her for 8 years. I didn't know you've been writing this for 8 years. I only saw in your post that they haven't been there in 8 years but I was trying to say don't totally lose hope until the cards are all on the table.

WePlantsAreHappyPlants
WePlantsAreHappyPlants Posted Sat 20 Dec, 2008 5:46 AM Quote
Hey Weirdmom, please don't worry about it, there is no way you could really have known and it doesn't even matter. I appreciate your hopefulness. People are just reading me too literally, well actually maybe what I am writing is a bit too silly too you know. I'm being funny as I am also trying to pass my message across. Thanks for even reading+ writing though you did not know the infamous Plant! ;)

Hanne and Ursi it's great to see you around!!! :)
This place means a lot to me. That's why I love to come and have my say!

God I'm sorry if people got me wrong anyway. I'm disappointed about no gig, but you know, nowadays all I need is love.....................

Big Hug.
Merry holidays to you all.
Ni xx

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 2:04 PM