Travis

Re: A Project I'll Be Undertaking - A Year In Photos
elfy
elfy Posted Fri 06 Feb, 2009 11:36 PM Quote
New photo up. I've actually managed to get out and take a couple of landscapes in the last few days!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 07 Feb, 2009 12:04 AM Quote
Hi Col,

Just wanted to say, I'm really impressed with some of your stuff. I also think it's great that they are not all the same, you've got a nice mix of portraits, landscapes, abstracts, etc.

Really enjoying your site mate, keep up the good work !!!

Dubz

btw, great to see things like Clydeside, The auld mill etc, I grew up in and around Paisley and it's great to see the sights.

elfy
elfy Posted Fri 13 Feb, 2009 11:18 PM Quote
Cheers mate, appreciate the kind words.

Another week done, mostly landscapes this week.

elfy
elfy Posted Sun 15 Feb, 2009 1:18 PM Quote
Right kids, I'm finding that, as I'm only posting one photo per day I'm sometimes having some left over that I should be displaying somewhere. Also, I have photos from before I started the project that I want to show too. So, with this in mind, rather than have galleries all over the website, I've set up a separate site for these. There's a link on my homepage for anyone who fancies a look, or you can just click here.

Cheers.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 20 Feb, 2009 3:29 PM Quote
*Bump*

Just checked out your other site. Brilliant seriously man, really like the people/portraits section the ones with the kids are braw. Would you ever think of taking it up professionally ? I think your good enough for it and you certainly have an eye for it. I think I'm becoming more of a fan of photography as an artform, I like your's and Audrey's stuff (btw Auds where have you gone ???) It's very easy on the eye, The Busker and the Homeless Dude are also thought provoking at the same time. Keep up the good work and Thanks.

Dubz

elfy
elfy Posted Sat 21 Feb, 2009 9:35 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
*Bump*

Just checked out your other site. Brilliant seriously man, really like the people/portraits section the ones with the kids are braw. Would you ever think of taking it up professionally ? I think your good enough for it and you certainly have an eye for it. I think I'm becoming more of a fan of photography as an artform, I like your's and Audrey's stuff (btw Auds where have you gone ???) It's very easy on the eye, The Busker and the Homeless Dude are also thought provoking at the same time. Keep up the good work and Thanks.

Dubz

Cheers man.

Yup, I have and am considering how to go about getting into doing this for a living. Whether that would be doing the portrait stuff or whatever I don't know. Whatever, it's got to be better than painting and decorating!

I think my first step is going to be selling prints through the websites, which I'm hoping to set up in the next week or two.

elfy
elfy Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 9:35 PM Quote
It's been a bit of a mixed bag this week on the project. I've had some landscapes, some still life, a photo of the missus and the dog and some bizarre light trail experiments. It's been fun.

barlickbabe
barlickbabe Posted Sun 22 Feb, 2009 9:52 PM Quote
WOW seriously fantastic photos
I've favourited you!

elfy
elfy Posted Sun 01 Mar, 2009 9:26 AM Quote
Well, that's another month done. Just ten to go!

barlickbabe wrote:
WOW seriously fantastic photos
I've favourited you!

Thanks!

elfy
elfy Posted Sun 08 Mar, 2009 7:10 PM Quote
Well, that's another week done. Mostly landscapes and a couple of shots at home where I couldn't really be arsed to do anything else - like today's.

Feel free to have a look, comment whatever.

Oh, I should be setting up a page on the site this week detailing how to purchase prints, should anyone feel the need.

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 15 Mar, 2009 7:46 PM Quote
I always like your landscapes. The photoshopped one looks good as well, and who doesn't like Life on Mars? :)

Helen *the original*
Helen *the original* Posted Sun 15 Mar, 2009 7:59 PM Quote
Loving the Photoshop one Mr. Very impressive, want to see more of those!

elfy
elfy Posted Sun 15 Mar, 2009 8:40 PM Quote
Another week done, and a bit of a mixed bag again.

Still haven't sorted out my pricing for purchasing prints but I'll hopefully get a page added about it this week.

MusicGirl99 wrote:
I always like your landscapes. The photoshopped one looks good as well, and who doesn't like Life on Mars? :)

Cheers. Yeah, Life On Mars is great. Gene Hunt is my new hero!

Helen *the original* wrote:
Loving the Photoshop one Mr. Very impressive, want to see more of those!

Thanks kid! Don't worry, I'll be trying a few more of those no doubt.

elfy
elfy Posted Sun 22 Mar, 2009 3:49 PM Quote
That's another week out of the way. Not so much in the way of landscapes this week, only a couple. Some top nonsense for yesterday's photo mind you!

elfy
elfy Posted Wed 01 Apr, 2009 6:41 AM Quote
...aaaaaand another month finished. Just nine more to go! Been mostly quick snaps this week, since I've had a job to do for a neighbour after work, leaving about five minutes to myself every night. Back to the landscapes this week though.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:47 PM