Travis

Can I get your opinion?
icmntsteve
icmntsteve Posted Thu 20 Nov, 2008 3:46 PM Quote
hello folks,

If this is a wee bit cheeky and the wrong forum to do this on I apologise profusely! I have been a big Travis fan for some years and in particular Frans songwriting has been a big inspiration for me (and a big help at times too. 12 Memories kept me sane at a one time although in the main Travis albums have co-incided with a mostly happy and indeed pivotal points in my life!). Travis songs helped me to learn how to play the guitar and led me to eventually trying out some songs of my own. I am trying to get an honest opinion on some of the tunes I have written and posted on Myspace and would welcome your thoughts. Myspace seems to be a mutual back slapping exercise at times and Im not sure if I really get a true reflection of whether I am any good! You dont have to add me or anything like that but Id really appreciate any feedback whatsoever!

the address is myspace/ichangedmynametosteve

Cheers

Steve

Re: Can I get your opinion?
Stepiper
Stepiper Posted Fri 21 Nov, 2008 12:07 PM Quote
I like your stuff.
Skinny Jeans in a special way.
Remote control stealer reaminds me of Doves, another band I love.

icmntsteve
icmntsteve Posted Sat 22 Nov, 2008 8:47 PM Quote
Thanks mate I really appreciate that! Nice one.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Sat 22 Nov, 2008 9:14 PM Quote
Sounds pretty cool matey, keep it up. :)

Was wondering, how do you record you music? I've made some tunes too ( http://www.myspace.com/jearoonmusic ), but the sound quality is rather tinny. I've bought a (supposedly) decent microphone but it seems to keep playing up... it hardly picks up any sound. So most of them are recorded just using my macbook's inbuilt mic lol. Might need to invest in a mixing desk...

icmntsteve
icmntsteve Posted Sat 22 Nov, 2008 9:53 PM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Sounds pretty cool matey, keep it up. :)

Was wondering, how do you record you music? I've made some tunes too ( http://www.myspace.com/jearoonmusic ), but the sound quality is rather tinny. I've bought a (supposedly) decent microphone but it seems to keep playing up... it hardly picks up any sound. So most of them are recorded just using my macbook's inbuilt mic lol. Might need to invest in a mixing desk...

Again cheers! Logic is a lovely tune btw! I have a Zoom digital 8 track and a pretty cheap mic (about £20!) by YOGA. I dont tend to plug in guitars direct cos it can sound a bit tinny so I record guitar and vocals through a vocal setting with the mic and and add on plenty of reverb and it makes the sound a bit bulkier I find. Im still trying to get that Ode to J Smith analogue sound though! Sometimes digital seems a bit cold so thats what I always try and replicate when im mixing it.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 9:21 PM