Travis

The Pitchfork Review
Bellringer
Bellringer Posted Tue 11 Nov, 2008 6:53 AM Quote
http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/article/record_review/147159-travis-ode-to-j-smith

A little disheartening to see the cringworthily-elitist music review website Pitchfork give OTJS a mere 5.0 rating. It's better than that.

Interesting read though. Always intriguing to check out Pitchfork reviews to see how an album is recieved in elitist circles...

Of course, no Pitchfork review is complete without a reference to Radiohead, the band in which Pitchfork have been getting on their knees and unzipping the pants of for many a year.....

By the way, I've found a 5-star review and another highly positive review of Ode To J. Smith from two of Melbourne's independent music press outlets. They were the last places I expected to find a review of the new Travis album, let alone something so glowing....especially in the anti-Travis land that is Australia. I'll post them once I'm done with exams.....a good read.

Re: The Pitchfork Review
MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Tue 11 Nov, 2008 9:46 AM Quote
"It's understandable that these guys are seeking an escape hatch from competing with Keane, Snow Patrol, and Coldplay, considering that they've spent the past seven years making writers rue those "next Radiohead!" plaudits. But one Stereophonics is more than enough."

Phonics... This is bunkum. FACT.

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 1:15 PM