Travis

Re: Any swedes here?
minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 4:31 PM Quote
yes, we definatly had flat bread pizza (we have both here but it normally comes with a thicker crust. You have to specify if you want thin crust).
Pizzaman tried to tell us that a medium pizza would not be enough for 3 people and that 1 person normally eats that. We didnt believe him, and then took our very flat pizza away, ate it, and realized he was right and we were still hungry. So we sent my friend back for another one, and that is when he gave us free salad.

Ooooh, this makes me realize how much I love and miss Sweden!

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 4:32 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
also, utfart is a funny Swedish word.

Hehe our word for speed is fart and our word for good is bra ;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 4:35 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:
also, utfart is a funny Swedish word.

Hehe our word for speed is fart and our word for good is bra ;)

what a fantastic language!

what is utfart then? I thought it was either entrance or exit. Guess not?
Oh and of course i remember "ja"

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 4:40 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
yes, we definatly had flat bread pizza (we have both here but it normally comes with a thicker crust. You have to specify if you want thin crust).
Pizzaman tried to tell us that a medium pizza would not be enough for 3 people and that 1 person normally eats that. We didnt believe him, and then took our very flat pizza away, ate it, and realized he was right and we were still hungry. So we sent my friend back for another one, and that is when he gave us free salad.

I have never been in Canada or the U.S, but my sister was in Canada a month ago and she told me that it's hard to buy any "swedish breakfast" because everywhere they only have bacon, beans, toast ands subs ;) Hehe and there's a taco bell, pizza hut or McDonalds 'round every corner ;)

But she said that the climate and nature in Canada are pretty similar to Sweden :)

I wish to cross the Atlantic ocean someday :D

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 4:43 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
what a fantastic language!

what is utfart then? I thought it was either entrance or exit. Guess not?
Oh and of course i remember "ja"

Well utfart means exit and infart means entrance :D

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 5:01 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:

I have never been in Canada or the U.S, but my sister was in Canada a month ago and she told me that it's hard to buy any "swedish breakfast" because everywhere they only have bacon, beans, toast ands subs ;) Hehe and there's a taco bell, pizza hut or McDonalds 'round every corner ;)

But she said that the climate and nature in Canada are pretty similar to Sweden :)

What is a Swedish breakfast? Im trying to think what the hotel gave us. Granola cereal and fruits i think. oh and those ost and skinka sandwiches which we would steal so that we didnt have to buy lunch. Oh, and these awesome tiny little milks in little triangle containers!
I dont know, we have pretty standard breakfast food...cereal, fruits, eggs, toast, oatmeal, various meaty things, crumpets, waffles, etc. What is it that she couldnt find?
Where was she in Canada?
Who eats a sub for breakfast?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 5:09 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:

What is a Swedish breakfast? Im trying to think what the hotel gave us. Granola cereal and fruits i think. oh and those ost and skinka sandwiches which we would steal so that we didnt have to buy lunch. Oh, and these awesome tiny little milks in little triangle containers!
I dont know, we have pretty standard breakfast food...cereal, fruits, eggs, toast, oatmeal, various meaty things, crumpets, waffles, etc. What is it that she couldnt find?
Where was she in Canada?
Who eats a sub for breakfast?

A normal swedish breakfast is pretty simple, like: "ost and skinka sandwiches" and a cup of coffee, maybe an egg. ;) lol. Maybe she didn't know where to find it :D I think the town was called Halifax, but I'm not sure.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 5:12 PM Quote
oh Halifax! Right on the East Coast. It is an ...interesting culture out there, lol.
Ya, we dont eat ost and skinka sandwiches for breakfast. That is considered lunch food.
She didnt notice that there was a Tim Hortons on every corner? She could have got sandwiches and coffee there. And timbits...mmmm.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
oh Halifax! Right on the East Coast. It is an ...interesting culture out there, lol.
Ya, we dont eat ost and skinka sandwiches for breakfast. That is considered lunch food.
She didnt notice that there was a Tim Hortons on every corner? She could have got sandwiches and coffee there. And timbits...mmmm.

Hmmm she havn't mentioned Tim Hortons so probably not ;) It sounds like my sister is stupid! :P She visited a museum in the middle of nowhere, it was some kind of Titanic-memorial(don't know how to put it)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 5:28 PM Quote
That is kinda of random if thats the only place in Canada she went. It supposed to be a nice city (ive never been) but it isnt exactly a representation of the country. Very..Maritime! Ya, i would assume there is a Titanic Memorial Museum (I think you put it just fine!). A lot of the survivors were taken to the Halifax area.
If she comes back, i'll give her the scoop on breakfast!

I doubt your sister is stupid! Perhaps just slightly confused, lol

Harmony1206
Harmony1206 Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 5:40 PM Quote
Hej på sig! Jag befinner mig i Stockholm. I vilken stad finns du? :-)

TheBoyWithAName wrote:
Hejsan! :) Harmony1206, vilken stad är du från?

Edel är du också från Sverige, eller kanske från något av våra kära grannländer? hehe

Cheers!

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Did you know that Halifax was the site of the largest non-nuclear explosion ever recorded? It happened in the early 1900's when a ship carrying ammunition rammed into another ship and blew up most of the harbour.

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
That is kinda of random if thats the only place in Canada she went. It supposed to be a nice city (ive never been) but it isnt exactly a representation of the country. Very..Maritime! Ya, i would assume there is a Titanic Memorial Museum (I think you put it just fine!). A lot of the survivors were taken to the Halifax area.

The visit it self was kind of random because she was travelling with her husband who was there in business so maybe they didn't get to see the highlights of Canada. Her husband works in the wood-industry(hope I put it "just fine" this time too!). Maybe the second thing, besides hockey, that Sweden and Canada have in common, a lot of trees? She was really impressed by the nature and the parks in Halifax! =) There was a lot of variation in the landscape which she enjoyed! The next time we(maybe I'll go too) visit Canada you will be our personal guide ;) haha

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 5:52 PM Quote
Harmony1206 wrote:
Hej på sig! Jag befinner mig i Stockholm. I vilken stad finns du? :-)

Staden med den fina dialekten, Norrköping ;)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 10 Nov, 2008 5:52 PM Quote
TheBoyWithAName wrote:
minnmess wrote:

The visit it self was kind of random because she was travelling with her husband who was there in business so maybe they didn't get to see the highlights of Canada. Her husband works in the wood-industry(hope I put it "just fine" this time too!). Maybe the second thing, besides hockey, that Sweden and Canada has in common, a lot of trees? She was really impressed by the nature and the parks in Halifax! =) She said that there was a lot of variation in the landscape which she enjoyed! The next time we(maybe I'll go to) visit Canada you will be our personal guide ;) haha

Okay, just don't go back to Halifax because that is a good...2000km or so from where I live. I cant be a tourguide there. Yes, we like trees. We have a lot of them. I think the 2 countries are in fact quite similar. Hockey, weather, trees, umm...nice people?

Thank you Moray for our explosive fact of the day!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:09 AM