Travis

Best New Scottish Bands
bigdave83
bigdave83 Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 9:55 AM Quote
One of the best new bands to emerge from Glasgow is The Mode, every gig I have ever been to, which is a few now, the place is always rocking and they have got some brilliantly good catchy sing along tunes as well. I first seen them supporting Glasvegas last year and been a fan since. Make sure you don’t miss the boat www.myspace.com/tthemode

Re: Best New Scottish Bands
Moray
Moray Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 11:00 AM Quote
"I first saw them..." would be more grammatically correct

Also, are you by any chance in "The Mode"?!

bigdave83
bigdave83 Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 11:12 AM Quote
yes it would be more grammatically correct, but to be honest i don't care about tha.

and no am not in "The Mode" i am just a friend...so you can sleep better tonight know that your smart comment is wrong!

hope that clears things up!

p.s please change that photo it's weird..or is it just the person in it?

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 11:12 AM Quote
I prefer The Front.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 11:29 AM Quote
All modern Scottsh bands sound alike to me, The View, Fratellis etc etc, go do something new. It gets a bit boring after a while but hey that's only my opinion. for waht it's worth.

btw lay off Moray (Glass houses and all that, I'm imagining anyone who calls themselves "BigDave" isn't very big, it sounds a bit like the guy at school "My names Cedric but everyone calls me "The Dude" honestly they do, ah go on please, maybe if you start it'll catch on, please, please)

Dubz

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 11:47 AM Quote
It's me in the photo, it's my halloween costume, and I'm quite proud of it.

I just take exception to a thread like this. We're not an advertising board you know. You signed up, and post one on the board is to advertise your pals band, as if they're the hottest new thing that you discovered by chance.

I'm most aggrieved at the total misnomer of a thread title. I clicked on it expecting an exciting debate about of some of the best new Scottish Bands (plural!) that someone had come across in recent months..... not to find out that you're keen to pedal your pals band to anyone who'll listen.

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 12:01 PM Quote
One word : CRAP

Ursina
Ursina Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 12:55 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

I just take exception to a thread like this. We're not an advertising board you know. You signed up, and post one on the board is to advertise your pals band, as if they're the hottest new thing that you discovered by chance.

I'm most aggrieved at the total misnomer of a thread title. I clicked on it expecting an exciting debate about of some of the best new Scottish Bands (plural!) that someone had come across in recent months..... not to find out that you're keen to pedal your pals band to anyone who'll listen.

agreed !

bigdave83
bigdave83 Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 1:31 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
All modern Scottsh bands sound alike to me, The View, Fratellis etc etc, go do something new. It gets a bit boring after a while but hey that's only my opinion. for waht it's worth.

btw lay off Moray (Glass houses and all that, I'm imagining anyone who calls themselves "BigDave" isn't very big, it sounds a bit like the guy at school "My names Cedric but everyone calls me "The Dude" honestly they do, ah go on please, maybe if you start it'll catch on, please, please)

Dubz

well i would agree that anyone who calls themselves big dave is not big but is clever! it's to do with a pot noodle advert a while back...anyway

thanks for your opinion that you think alll new scottish bands sound the same, i personally think genre & style has a little bit to do with that and if you want different it's best to try punk or ska or ska punk? but i would suggest that quality does make bands more unique!

and another thing the whole point for the thread was to start a discussion about the mode and new scottish bands as some already made the point that they prefer the front....that to me equals a discussion!

Darran
Darran Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 2:07 PM Quote
I'm not a someone, I am Darran.

Moray
Moray Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 2:11 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
I'm not a someone, I am Legend / Sam / Sparticus.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 2:22 PM Quote
Sam I am! I do not like green eggs and ham.

You aren't Darran. You are Pablo. Get it straight man!

Attacking Moray will get you nowhere on here.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 3:05 PM Quote
I'm also in a band. Can I tell you about it? No? Awwww...I've done over 500+ posts so I've earned my stripes.... :)

Only kidding. Well, I am in a band, I wasn't kidding about that bit. But there's a time and a place to promote.

Big Dave if you wanted a debate about Scottish bands, why didn't you say so at the off, rather than do the sell, and then have to defend yourself with that as an excuse when everyone came at you?

Normally the folks here don't bite, and are v welcoming. Sorry you've not found it that way so far. But you pushed the wrong buttons. Hope you'll post again, but next time with less of a hard sell. We're happy to chat about almost anything!

Alternatively make a thread about unsigned bands, and invite people to put links to the myspace pages of the ones they know and love. It's been done before, and it wouldn't harm to revisit the topic.

bigdave83
bigdave83 Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 3:13 PM Quote
thanks tonie - sounds like a good idea!
believe it or not i do have another account where i've posted a few times before but have forgot my password as not used it for so long, even had fran reply to me once :)

i will maybe let the dust settle for a while and start a discussion at a later time. maybe realised it wasn't the best way to do it....it was very early in the morning haha

thanks tonie peace out!

Tonie
Tonie Posted Thu 06 Nov, 2008 3:26 PM Quote
Another satisfied customer

(so to speak)

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 12:03 AM