Travis

Re: It's SNOWING!
erikausagi
erikausagi Posted Thu 30 Oct, 2008 9:43 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
It's the lowest tempertures here for 70 Years.

I just took a quick skit through the Oasis board and there are folks over from Norway for the gig saying it's cold for them!

oh God! so is cold everywhere?? Here in Mexico City has been 5-8ºC the last few days, specially Monday and Tuesday!! this kind of temperatures are only in december-january...

physke
physke Posted Fri 31 Oct, 2008 3:09 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
physke wrote:
oh gush I've been waiting for two days for it to snow in cincinnati. am I too unlucky:(( Does anybody have an idea when I can see real snow? (In Izmir it snows once and almost one hour ın a two years)

I'm guessing that you're not likely to see much snow in Cincinnati before January.

Unfortunately not, I think:)

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Fri 31 Oct, 2008 7:41 AM Quote
physke wrote:
oh gush I've been waiting for two days for it to snow in cincinnati. am I too unlucky:(( Does anybody have an idea when I can see real snow? (In Izmir it snows once and almost one hour ın a two years)

It is supposed to be 27C in Izmir today. This is not normal even for Izmir.

And Gozde when it starts snowing in Cincinnati, you will be happy the first day, maybe two. It will be beautiful. Then beautiful white snow will turn into ugly, dirty ice. You will want it to disappear, and people will work to get rid of it, but it will persevere! It will sit there, bugging you, laughing at you, making your life miserable for many many many days to come!

mili
mili Posted Fri 31 Oct, 2008 8:00 AM Quote
sebnemy wrote:
physke wrote:

And Gozde when it starts snowing in Cincinnati, you will be happy the first day, maybe two. It will be beautiful. Then beautiful white snow will turn into ugly, dirty ice. You will want it to disappear, and people will work to get rid of it, but it will persevere! It will sit there, bugging you, laughing at you, making your life miserable for many many many days to come!

Guess how sick we get with the stuff, when the slush and ice are still around in March. A couple of years ago we had an unusually harsh Winter, when the first snow came in October (there were still leaves in the trees!) and it didn't go away until about late March. It often snows in April, too.

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Fri 31 Oct, 2008 10:07 AM Quote
...in Cataluña, Spain:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3035/2988162791_2705d35d1a_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3003/2988162763_4f93b38c2b_o.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3288/2988162725_3944741c1b_o.jpg

physke
physke Posted Fri 31 Oct, 2008 3:41 PM Quote
mili wrote:
sebnemy wrote:
physke wrote:

Guess how sick we get with the stuff, when the slush and ice are still around in March. A couple of years ago we had an unusually harsh Winter, when the first snow came in October (there were still leaves in the trees!) and it didn't go away until about late March. It often snows in April, too.

The fact here is that I'm not used to see snow very much. I still remember when it snowed in Izmir in 1993 winter (I guess), I was in the same school with my brother: we broke the school, went home and made a snowman, put it in the freezer and played with it until the summer :)) That's why it's going to be pretty interesting for me even when this dirty ice times comes:)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 1:36 PM