Travis

Re: November 4th Countdown
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 3:17 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
Well, I started calling record stores and they told me to call again tomorrow at noon because "stuff" will be arriving tomorrow morning... They don't know if Ode is included.
And I called SonyBMG, the label that distributed all of Travis' previous records, but there was no one at the Commercial Department, so I have to call again tomorrow morning.

*Crosses fingers*

I too love that you called Sony. I hope that the album is delivered, mainly for the sake of the workers at the store you're going to!

I wouldn't want to be in the way of you and that album.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 3:21 PM Quote
I heard them announce the Ode release on 93.9 The River in Windsor/Detroit this morning, bright and early. :o) But they didn't play a song from it. :o(

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 3:25 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I heard them announce the Ode release on 93.9 The River in Windsor/Detroit this morning, bright and early. :o) But they didn't play a song from it. :o(

I know that is still good news but that is lame to not play a song! Therefore, I'm giving it a good ol'....

http://soillodge.net/djournal/FAIL-music.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 3:27 PM Quote
I think we should all start wearing "Team Juli" shirts.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 3:39 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Well, that's good! I sent them an e-mail and asked them how come they made "Something Anything" their River Current song of the day a few weeks ago, but have yet to play it since. I also told them their station is starting to get too repetitive, lol. They probably hate me.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 3:46 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

I know that is still good news but that is lame to not play a song! Therefore, I'm giving it a good ol'....

http://soillodge.net/djournal/FAIL-music.jpg

In the spirit of Election Day, I give Detroit/Windsor's 93.9 The River this Presidential FAIL for announcing Travis' new album release but NOT playing a song:

http://i38.tinypic.com/1zzqtc3.jpg

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 6:09 PM Quote
Thank you all for your support, you guys are all so sweet!!!! *big hug*

NEWS:

Ok, I'm about to cry. I'm serious!!!
I called two different chains of record stores: they had no idea.
I called SonyBMG, they said Travis is no longer with them.

Sooo... I just looked up Universal's number and called, praying that Travis had signed with them for the distribution of Ode because otherwise I wouldn't know who the hell I should call...
And they said there's been a delay and I have to wait, read this, AT LEAST TWENTY MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Before I had my mental breakdown I made the guy SWEAR that the album is going to be released here. Forget about the fucking date, I just want to know if it'll be available in stupid Argentina at all!!!!!

So. I'm sad. So sad and frustrated. I feel misserable.

And I'm stubborn, so if I have to wait 20 more days (or more), I FUCKING WILL!!!!!!!!

Incompetent people from a label won't ruin my dreamed first listen experience. If I could wait 40 something days or more than the rest, I can wait other 20. I hope it's just 20 days, otherwise Universal will BURN! (Kidding, but just a little). I'll call again in two weeks to see how it's going.

Bleh. THIS SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!! :o(

Thanks again, you're great... unlike Universal Music Argentina.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 6:10 PM Quote
Sorry, double post.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 6:20 PM Quote
Oh Juli! Im sorry, that sucks. A lot! if you werent so determined, i would say you definatly deserve a free copy to be sent to you from Fran *nudge nugde Mr. Healy*
Think of how great it will be when you finally get to hear it!

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 6:48 PM Quote
Ohhhhh no Juli. I'm so sorry! That sucks. We need to start a November 24th countdown for you.

I didn't have a problem although I did have to ask the guy at my local store because I went in at 8 am and it was still behind the counter. ;)

I'm having my first listen through right now.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 7:21 PM Quote
Oh, poor Juli...pat, pat, pat on the back.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 7:30 PM Quote
is the pizza party cancelled?

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 7:45 PM Quote
Juli that is so sad.

I demand that you send me your address so I can send it to you.

This isn't a request. I'll get it from your evil twin if I have to.

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 7:45 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
is the pizza party cancelled?

Maybe we can have an election party this evening?

lindsey22295
lindsey22295 Posted Tue 04 Nov, 2008 8:00 PM Quote
I don't know where to write about this so I will here.

Before You Were Young. I am in love with thee. I get chills when I listen to it.

I'm looking forward to listening with headphones later and without all the doggies running around my house right now so I can really listen. But I am loving most of it right now.

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:42 PM