Travis

Re: Last film you saw
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 24 Oct, 2011 12:55 AM Quote
The last Harry Potter. I'm not the biggest fan of the movies (love the books), they're not bad and whoever has been responsible for the casting should get a bajilion of cookies BUT they kind of lack soul (in comparison to the books). Anyhow, it was super sad and also felt like it went on for 5 hours. Oh! Kelly Macdonald was in it - yay! Although I had an issue with the '19 years later' scene - why did they make +30 Hermione and Ginny look so sad/grey/tired? They deserved to look fabulous!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 24 Oct, 2011 2:10 AM Quote
I saw Moneyball last night, which I quite liked. I intended to see 50/50, but my friend had already seen it.
Anywho, I don't think you will find it even slightly interesting if you don't like baseball, but I do. And love sports films in general.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 24 Oct, 2011 2:35 AM Quote
Anyone out there seen the new Tintin film?. I'm wanting to see it but don't know if it's any good.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 24 Oct, 2011 2:58 AM Quote
monkey wrote:
Anyone out there seen the new Tintin film?. I'm wanting to see it but don't know if it's any good.

Maybe Swede Boy has.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 24 Oct, 2011 3:08 AM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
monkey wrote:

Maybe Swede Boy has.

Where is he these days?. Swede boy i know you're reading this!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 24 Oct, 2011 2:11 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Anywho, I don't think you will find it even slightly interesting if you don't like baseball, but I do. And love sports films in general.

Funnily enough, I watched baseball last night - Cardinals vs. Rangers. Twins!

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 24 Oct, 2011 5:44 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
The last Harry Potter. I'm not the biggest fan of the movies (love the books), they're not bad and whoever has been responsible for the casting should get a bajilion of cookies BUT they kind of lack soul (in comparison to the books). Anyhow, it was super sad and also felt like it went on for 5 hours. Oh! Kelly Macdonald was in it - yay! Although I had an issue with the '19 years later' scene - why did they make +30 Hermione and Ginny look so sad/grey/tired? They deserved to look fabulous!

Not a fan of the movies, either (I agree about the casting, though! Whoever got Alan Rickman on board deserves a medal).
I had an issue with the "final battle"-ending scenes (right from the scene where H&V fly together, which, I think, looked ridiculous). And many more. The 19-years-later scenes were a) too short and b) very depressing...

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 24 Oct, 2011 6:01 PM Quote
Right?! Wasn't it supposed to be a 'happily ever after' scene? In the book it was quite funny (with Ron and his driving licence) and optimistic! The movie made it seem gloomy, as if they all were in the middle of major marriage crises or something.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 24 Oct, 2011 6:28 PM Quote
Went to see Tintin and it really wasn't great. I was a bit gutted because i'd been looking forward to it :(

thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Mon 24 Oct, 2011 6:41 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Right?! Wasn't it supposed to be a 'happily ever after' scene? In the book it was quite funny (with Ron and his driving licence) and optimistic! The movie made it seem gloomy, as if they all were in the middle of major marriage crises or something.

Exactly!!
The driving license! the mocking! "I CAN'T GIVE MY PROFESSOR LOOOOVE"! Happy families! *sigh*

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 24 Oct, 2011 7:37 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Why did you do that? That doesn't seem very Gosia-like. And you live in London.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Tue 25 Oct, 2011 2:09 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Yay! We need more baseball fans around here ;)

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 25 Oct, 2011 2:18 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

News flash: I like baseball! It's one of the very few sports I actually enjoy playing, too. I'm not crazy excited about it or anything, but if I come a across it on tv, I watch with pleasure. And, as you can see, I don't go to bed early anyways.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 25 Oct, 2011 2:54 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
minnmess wrote:

News flash: I like baseball! It's one of the very few sports I actually enjoy playing, too. I'm not crazy excited about it or anything, but if I come a across it on tv, I watch with pleasure. And, as you can see, I don't go to bed early anyways.

really!? I didn't know that at all! Is there much baseball in Poland?
Linds, have you seen Moneyball? No M's but you get baseball so you would like it. I got nerd excited when they showed Billy Koch, who is a former Blue Jay.

I re-watched Invictus last night too, which is still great. All it is missing is a slow clap.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 25 Oct, 2011 1:38 PM Quote
Watching baseball is not popular in PL at all but for some reason kids often get to try it at school.

Pages Previous 1...70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 79 80 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:11 PM