Travis

Re: Last film you saw
thewishlist
thewishlist Posted Sun 17 Apr, 2011 10:36 AM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

Is it? You don't have assigned seating in the US? Now that's weird.

Really weird...
What if there's one free seat in the middle of a row and another one at the end of the row and there's a couple coming in and they want to sit together? Do they ask everyone to move? Makes no sense, it's so much easier with assigned seating! AND you don't have to be there extra-early to get good seats. You can just show up when the movie starts, sit down and relax without having to look for a free seat in semi-darkness ;P

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 17 Apr, 2011 1:34 PM Quote
I can remember maybe 2 shows in my entire life where the theater was so crowded that seating was a problem. If I'm going to the theater with my family of 5 and there are only 4 seats together, usually the person messing it up just scoots down a seat. But like I said, this is rarely necessary. There are usually plenty of rows with open seats.

At the IMAX theater, which frequently does sell out, they will make an announcement if it does, and ask you not to leave empty seats between people.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 17 Apr, 2011 1:38 PM Quote
The last movie I saw was "I Want Someone to Eat Cheese With." It starred some guy I never heard of and Sarah Silverman. At first I thoguht it was going to be pretty good. But then it wasn't. And the ending was bad.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 18 Apr, 2011 10:28 PM Quote
http://www.daemonsmovies.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/the-conspirator-movie-poster-550x814.jpg

Good look to it . Those UK actors pulled off the accent well . Deep down I feel it's about the up coming 9-11 trials

mili
mili Posted Fri 22 Apr, 2011 6:25 PM Quote
http://www.nordiskfilm.fi/images/uploaded/article609MiestenVuoro-nettijule.jpg

I just watched this documentary "Miesten vuoro" (Men's turn)

It's basically men of all sorts in all kinds of saunas talking about sensitive subjects (losing child, prison, army, etc) and beautiful scenery. Touching stuff.

The most humorous part involved a bear demolishing garden furniture (yes, it had been to sauna as a cub), also a selection of unusual saunas were interesting (an old car, former harvesting machine, phone booth).

the bear clip

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 01 May, 2011 2:27 AM Quote
http://www.vivandlarry.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/brief.jpg

You gotta love the classics

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 01 May, 2011 3:08 AM Quote
Another Hitchcock film. It starred Cary Grant and some chick I had never heard of before, but was a really good actress, Joan Fontaine.
http://ts1.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=910970134644&id=3ba4ed8e5b8f23f42780791ce5ebfa0b

It was a pretty good movie. Cary Grant was typical Cary Grant, but he managed to be a little bit creepy. Basically he sweeps a sheltered (but rich) girl off her feet, marries her quickly without the approval of her father, and then she finds out the truth about him...too late. As I'm finding out with a lot of early Hitchcock movies, it ends abruptly and not altogether satisfactorily, but it doesn't matter so much.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 07 May, 2011 9:46 PM Quote
There be Dragons , it HELLA sucked

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 08 May, 2011 7:24 PM Quote
'No Strings Attached'. Ugh. What happened to good chick flicks??

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 10 May, 2011 7:54 PM Quote
I've recently seen "Up." Loved it. I think it should be required viewing every couple of years to make sure we keep our dreams alive.

I also saw "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps" or something like that, starring Michael Douglas, Shia LeBeouf, and Carrie Mulligan. I think I liked it only because I could relate to that feeling you get when the market crashes and you've lost a lot of dough. If you're not a trader, you may not understand a lot of lingo they use. There was also a dual story line of a strained father/daughter relationship. The movie was just ok. Surprise Charlie Sheen cameo, big woop.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 14 May, 2011 8:18 PM Quote
I really enjoyed this, it's the original of "The Departed", it's about an hour shorter and a lot less convoluted, very good acting.

http://www.bluerayonsale.com/images/585_front.jpg

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 14 May, 2011 11:23 PM Quote
Priest ...it rawked !

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Tue 17 May, 2011 8:10 PM Quote
Followed someone else's lead and watched Hitchcock this evening...

Rope, a film about socialites, two guys who murder another dude, hide the body in a chest and then have his parents and others over to a dinner party.

James Stewart is excellent as usual, the supporting cast are OK but it's all very drawn out and the performances are over acted, that said it's not bad. the whole action takes place in one apartment. I felt it was trying to be a bit too much like 12 Angry Men. But again it's worth the watching especially if you're a fan of films from that era.

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 17 May, 2011 8:53 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Followed someone else's lead and watched Hitchcock this evening...

Rope, a film about socialites, two guys who murder another dude, hide the body in a chest and then have his parents and others over to a dinner party.

James Stewart is excellent as usual, the supporting cast are OK but it's all very drawn out and the performances are over acted, that said it's not bad. the whole action takes place in one apartment. I felt it was trying to be a bit too much like 12 Angry Men. But again it's worth the watching especially if you're a fan of films from that era.

Dubz

Rope predates 12 Angry Men. 1948 from a play written in 1929, according to Wiki. 12 Angry men wasn't written until the 50's.

I think a lot of Hitchcock's movies were plays first, which is why it takes place in one room. Others I can think of that are in or mostly in one room are "Rear Window" and "Dial M for Murder."

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Tue 17 May, 2011 10:57 PM Quote
http://www.onlinemovieshut.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/watch-blue-valentine-online.jpg

Acting was amazing although I have very serious concerns about the timeline and the stylist's job in this movie. It was distracting, at least for me. But I'm weird so who knows.

Also:
http://www.filmofilia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/green_hornet_poster-535x793.jpg

Ugh, I don't really like such movies. Bo-ring.

P.S. But Christoph Waltz was awesome. Dude's amazing.

Pages Previous 1...58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:41 PM