Travis

Re: Last film you saw
Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 25 Mar, 2011 12:59 PM Quote
Kinda weird what happened yesterday. My husband and I both got a movie from the library and we both chose a movie with the same actor (whom we had never heard of).

Anyway, last night we watched "The Big Chill." This is a movie that I've heard referenced a lot, but had never seen. If you are under 35, you probably won't get it. If you are over 35, you will get it and it'll be a bit depressing. Even though it's sort of a comedy. I'm not sure whether I liked it or not. It made me feel like crying for no reason. The soundtrack was very good.

monkey
monkey Posted Sat 26 Mar, 2011 2:36 AM Quote
http://images1.boxwish.com/profile_images/profile/3036/product_hancock_dvd.jpg

The films only redeeming quality is that charlize theron is a fine piece of ass

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 01 Apr, 2011 11:32 PM Quote
About as funny as a burning orphanage, there's a parody at the start about Eddie Murphy's Clumps/Coming to America sorta slagging him, which is ironic as this is obviously just a vehicle for Jack Black and Ben Stiller to further their egos while inviting "serious" actors to try comedy, it's fuckin shit.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_8ZR3RtzcG9A/S8jawwwP-BI/AAAAAAAAByg/jeyzKFQH-nc/s1600/tropic-thunder.jpg

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sat 02 Apr, 2011 12:52 AM Quote
Source code is pretty bad ass while sucker punch is fine but kinda leaning towards creepy

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 11 Apr, 2011 3:18 AM Quote
http://www.comingsoon.net/gallery/64309/The_Human_Centipede_1.jpg

Has anyone seen this film?. It's just gross and wrong. very, very wrong

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 15 Apr, 2011 10:55 PM Quote
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-sDl6VZPzKrY/TZD-hEonzhI/AAAAAAAAAwc/BqCqu829EA4/s1600/British-Movie-Submarine-UK-Film-Poster.jpg

I liked it. Sweet, charming, sad, funny. It looks really good too. It is what I would like my photography to look like.
And now maybe Miss Megg would like to review it?

ps- assigned seating in theatres in the UK is weird. Especially when the theatre has approx 8 seats.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Fri 15 Apr, 2011 11:22 PM Quote
Pretty much what Kristy said. Liked it a lot. It's very beautifully shot. Great soundtrack. Just what I expected, obviously Richard Ayoade can do no wrong, right?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 16 Apr, 2011 2:09 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:

ps- assigned seating in theatres in the UK is weird. Especially when the theatre has approx 8 seats.

Really, they have assigned seating? That is weird.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 16 Apr, 2011 3:30 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Is it? You don't have assigned seating in the US? Now that's weird.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 16 Apr, 2011 10:12 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:

Is it? You don't have assigned seating in the US? Now that's weird.

You didnt hear us questioning the weirdness of assigned seating when we were there? Ya, NA is a free for all. Buy your ticket, sit where you like.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:02 PM Quote
I thought you only meant the size of the place and the awesomeness of our seats ;).

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:03 PM Quote
The last movie I saw was "Love in the Afternoon" with Audrey Hepburn and Gary Cooper. Gary Cooper was old enough to be her father in this movie. It would have been a better movie with a slightly younger, more dashing leading man. He was just too, too old and not handsome enough anymore to be the international playboy he was supposed to be in the movie. It was just an okay movie. Audrey Hepburn was a doll in every scene, though.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:12 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
I thought you only meant the size of the place and the awesomeness of our seats ;).

our seats in someone's livingroom?
One day we need to go to the one of the cinemas with couches.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sat 16 Apr, 2011 11:58 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

our seats in someone's livingroom?
One day we need to go to the one of the cinemas with couches.

And watch Killing Bono! OR Scream 4 ;)

monkey
monkey Posted Sun 17 Apr, 2011 6:17 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
The last movie I saw was "Love in the Afternoon" with Audrey Hepburn and Gary Cooper. Gary Cooper was old enough to be her father in this movie. It would have been a better movie with a slightly younger, more dashing leading man. He was just too, too old and not handsome enough anymore to be the international playboy he was supposed to be in the movie. It was just an okay movie. Audrey Hepburn was a doll in every scene, though.

Agreed. (apart from i think it's a great film) Billy Wilder's first choice for the part was Cary Grant but he was unavailable at the time of filming. Cooper actually got so much stick from the critics for looking like an old man that he ended up getting himself a full face lift less than a year later.

Pages Previous 1...57 58 59 60 [61] 62 63 64 65 66 67 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:47 PM