Travis

Re: Last film you saw
MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sat 09 May, 2009 5:06 PM Quote
X-Men Wolverine. I thought the action was fantastic, particularly in the second half. The storyline needed to be tighter in the middle of the film. But Hugh Jackman did a great job. Cool to see Gambit too.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Sat 09 May, 2009 9:41 PM Quote
MusicGirl99 wrote:
X-Men Wolverine. I thought the action was fantastic, particularly in the second half. The storyline needed to be tighter in the middle of the film. But Hugh Jackman did a great job. Cool to see Gambit too.

Yeah, I've been waiting to see Gambit since I first heard they were making X-Men movies years ago. He was cool in this, but I'll always love the cartoon most.

I meant to watch Princess Diaries two, cos it was on and I wanted to see Captain Kirk - but I have too much homework :( Might watch it later anyway, I need a good stress-reliever.

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sat 09 May, 2009 11:27 PM Quote
I watched Bladerunner on dvd last night. Hadn't seen it for years and years. I really liked it. Can kind of see the influence it has had on lots of other films.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Sun 10 May, 2009 2:45 AM Quote
The bucket list
with Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson

Perfect final scene :)

Ana_Smith
Ana_Smith Posted Sun 10 May, 2009 3:46 AM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
MusicGirl99 wrote:

Yeah, I've been waiting to see Gambit since I first heard they were making X-Men movies years ago. He was cool in this, but I'll always love the cartoon most.

Wolverine was a perfect pop-corn movie! The secrets revealed weren't as many as I anticipated or weren't as well-developed as one might have expected. Still, anything on this character is better than nothing. I really enjoyed the action and acting, which usually doesn't come together in this kind of movies.
Sabretooth's scenes were the best, much better than the first X-Men...And Gambit was a huge surprise, had my doubts about the casting (most of all because of the accent) but the guy from Friday Night Lights pulled it off! Should've had more on screen time, though...maybe next time :)

Loubsi
Loubsi Posted Sun 10 May, 2009 3:04 PM Quote
I watched Mona Lisa Smile on dvd last night with my sister and we had a really good time. Of course it's not the best movie I've ever seen but it's quite nice!

MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Sun 10 May, 2009 6:53 PM Quote
Ana_Smith wrote:
fenchurch wrote:
MusicGirl99 wrote:

Wolverine was a perfect pop-corn movie! The secrets revealed weren't as many as I anticipated or weren't as well-developed as one might have expected. Still, anything on this character is better than nothing. I really enjoyed the action and acting, which usually doesn't come together in this kind of movies.
Sabretooth's scenes were the best, much better than the first X-Men...And Gambit was a huge surprise, had my doubts about the casting (most of all because of the accent) but the guy from Friday Night Lights pulled it off! Should've had more on screen time, though...maybe next time :)

Yeah I read that the guy who played Gambit pushed for having the accent as the director didn't care. So his accent was there at times but at least he tried. I do like the comic Gambit more too, but they might develop his character more in a future film.

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Sun 10 May, 2009 7:29 PM Quote
Heima

Lovely film. l love lceland!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sun 10 May, 2009 9:29 PM Quote

Watching Good Will Hunting at the moment, it's started off quite well... but I do find it a little unbelievable that he has been able to get through life without anyone noticing his abilities...

Dubz

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 11 May, 2009 12:23 AM Quote
http://pulco.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/tmw2bnl4.jpg

Dubz

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Mon 11 May, 2009 3:15 AM Quote
I watched Becoming Jane again last night. Lovely movie, and James McAvoy is lovely also:P

Loubsi
Loubsi Posted Mon 11 May, 2009 9:01 AM Quote
The New World was on French TV last night: not a big fan of Colin Farrell and I was quite sceptical at the beginning but it's a beautiful movie actually!

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 13 May, 2009 12:45 AM Quote
37.2 le Matin.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 25 May, 2009 11:42 PM Quote
http://roddysrockinreviews.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/terminator-salvation-20093.jpg

wtf ,no story , no character development ,cool sequences but you could wait till video no problem except gooseys gottta see it on the big screen her favorite city gets blown up

Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Tue 26 May, 2009 3:04 AM Quote
Angels & Demons

Pages Previous 1...27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:11 AM