Travis

Halloween Costume - Help!
Moray
Moray Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 2:19 PM Quote
Anybody got any ideas that I can go out dressed as next week?!

Myself & my friend Paul (The one that runs like a velociraptor Anne!) are going out as Wayne Campbell / Garth Algar on Wednesday night for student night.

But need an individual costume for the Friday night. Theme is superhero's, but doesn't have to be limited to this if we don't want to. I'd though about maybe going out as clark kent, mid transformation into superman - so wear my suit, with the tie undone and shirt unbuttoned to the waist exposing a superman t-shirt. That way I can wear my glasses out no problem and don't have to be like "I'm Batman, during hiis spectacle years!". However when I googled this costume, it turns out loads of people have done this before.

Any ideas?!

Re: Halloween Costume - Help!
minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 2:28 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
That way I can wear my glasses out no problem and don't have to be like "I'm Batman, during hiis spectacle years!". Any ideas?!

K, i will actually try to think of ideas, but I just wanted to comment that that is a fantastic line!

Be some made up superhero.
Captain Scotland (Scotland Man?)

If you dont go with the superhero theme, Where's Waldo is always good!

I will try to think of actual good ones now...

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 2:47 PM Quote
Ok you probably thought i was taking the piss the last time .However, i wasnt.

Super geek , can you get hold of a duffle coat cords really spastic looking shoes?

Then go with the open shirt , but underneath have a blue t-shirt with a g on it in the superman style.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 2:58 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
Ok you probably thought i was taking the piss the last time .However, i wasnt.

Super geek , can you get hold of a duffle coat cords really spastic looking shoes?

Then go with the open shirt , but underneath have a blue t-shirt with a g on it in the superman style.

and tape your glasses and get a pocket protector.

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 3:04 PM Quote
Been brainstorming for a bit and I think I have it. I'm going to go as Inspector gadget. I already have the hat / trenchcoat / shirt / tie / gloves combo etc.

So I just need to get a whole mess of crap like helicopter blades, roller skates, police siren, and a stuffed dog and a whole mess of meccano to tie it all together with.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 3:05 PM Quote
Awesome about the Wayne and Garth costume. Which one are you? I'm guessing Garth since he wears glasses. Also, as a gift to me (and the world), can you get some video of Paul running and post it?

Is the Moray eel a superhero?

sebnemy
sebnemy Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 3:06 PM Quote
Superman? It is halloween go as superwoman instead! It is possible to wear the superwoman outfit, of course, but I am thinking superman meets superwoman: wear the same outfit and glasses as you described but add a long blond wig and boobs:) Or go for an anti-hero.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 3:08 PM Quote
Moray wrote:
Been brainstorming for a bit and I think I have it. I'm going to go as Inspector gadget. I already have the hat / trenchcoat / shirt / tie / gloves combo etc.

So I just need to get a whole mess of crap like helicopter blades, roller skates, police siren, and a stuffed dog and a whole mess of meccano to tie it all together with.

that is a great idea! Get someone to be the evil guy with the cat, and...Wendy (wendy? is that his neices name?)

Darran
Darran Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 3:09 PM Quote
Go as a Moomin!

Oh sorry, that's Kristy isn't it.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 3:09 PM Quote
You could be a generic "retired" Superhero. Just put some powder in your hair to make it gray, wear a cape, carry a cane (or borrow a walker if you can), wear your glasses.

Mad scientist

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 3:12 PM Quote
sebnemy wrote:
Superman? It is halloween go as superwoman instead! It is possible to wear the superwoman outfit, of course, but I am thinking superman meets superwoman: wear the same outfit and glasses as you described but add a long blond wig and boobs:) Or go for an anti-hero.

Thats his weekend outfit. Nobody would realise he was in fancy dress.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 3:16 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Go as a Moomin!

No, Kristy is going to be Mr. Canoehead (or Miss Canoehead), Canada's Greatest Crime-Fighter.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 3:16 PM Quote
Moray wrote:

That is a great idea!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 3:19 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
Go as a Moomin!

*shakes fist* I'll moomin you! Also, did you confuse me and Moray? That seems strange to say the least.

Im being the Paperbag Princess, thank you very much! if only i could locate my tiara!

Sorry Katye. Carrying a canoe on my head all night seems painful and awkward to say the least. Portaging a canoe across the screet is bad enough.

Moray
Moray Posted Fri 24 Oct, 2008 3:24 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:

Thats his weekend outfit. Nobody would realise he was in fancy dress.

Because of the glasses, I once went out at Halloween as Elvis Costello. I think this was too subtle, as nobody could work out who I'd gone out as.

Yeah anne, I get to be garth. Because I normally go out in cons, jeans, led zep t-shirt and a checked shirt anyway, technically all I need to do is get a blonde wig and take my drumsticks with me!!

Pages [1] 2 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:41 AM