Travis

GEOFF MARTYN = THE ROCKER (THE MOVIE)
RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 8:20 AM Quote
Some time ago i was thinking about what happened with Martyn bros and Travis.

I found Geoff Martyn myspace (www.myspace.com/geoffmartyn) and i didn´t found Travis like his friend.
Then i send him a message about what happened with he and Travis and i asked: Why you have not Travis like a friend in your myspace?
And then, he answer me: Because not.

I remembered "The rocker the movie". "A drummer who played with "vesuvius" an 80´s hair band. He´s living the rock n´roll dream... until he´s kicked out of the group. Twenty years later, the desesperate rocker joins his nephew´s band, "ADD". Finally reclaiming the rock-god trhone he´s always though he deserved - while taking his much younger bandmates along for the ride of their lives"

Just that Geoff Martyn have not a band, he has a studio actually.

Then, why Martyn bros left Travis if they started the band with Andy and Neil?

I know the history about Fran´s grandpa, but... What happened????

Re: Geoff Martyn = The rocker (the movie)
Kimmy256
Kimmy256 Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 8:40 AM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:

I found Geoff Martyn myspace (www.myspace.com/geoffmartyn) and i didn´t found Travis like his friend.
Then i send him a message about what happened with he and Travis and i asked: Why you have not Travis like a friend in your myspace?

I remembered "The rocker the movie". "A drummer who played with "vesuvius" an 80´s hair band. He´s living the rock n´roll dream... until he´s kicked out of the group. Twenty years later, the desesperate rocker joins his nephew´s band, "ADD". Finally reclaiming the rock-god trhone he´s always though he deserved - while taking his much younger bandmates along for the ride of their lives"

i thought they got dropped?

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 8:42 AM Quote
Kimmy256 wrote:
RaZzZ wrote:

Yes i know, but why if they started the group?

Kimmy256
Kimmy256 Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 8:50 AM Quote
RaZzZ wrote:
Kimmy256 wrote:
RaZzZ wrote:

i don't know that, but whats Fran's Grandpa's history i don't know this.

RaZzZ
RaZzZ Posted Sun 12 Oct, 2008 8:57 AM Quote
Kimmy256 wrote:
RaZzZ wrote:
Kimmy256 wrote:
RaZzZ wrote:

i don't know that, but whats Fran's Grandpa's history i don't know this.

With brothers Chris and Geoff Martyn on bass and keyboards, in 1993, the fivesome released a privately made CD, "The Glass Onion EP," featuring the tracks "Dream On", "The Day Before," "Free Soul" and "Whenever She Comes Round."

With the sudden death of his grandfather, a grief-stricken Healy shut himself away, refusing to talk to anyone. Emerging a week later, and with a clear vision of where he now wanted Travis and their music to go, Healy dispensed of the band's management, their publicity agent, the keyboard player, Geoff Martyn, and replaced the bassist, Geoff's brother, Chris, with best friend Dougie Payne – another art student and Levi’s shop assistant.
Remarkably, Payne had not picked up a bass guitar before this.
Two weeks later, with Payne having completed a crash course on bass in his bedroom, the band played together for the first time in a free space above the Horse Shoe Bar. The line-up was thus completed and has remained intact to this day, but not as "Glass Onion"... as the world-famous "Travis".

Pages [1] All Times BST Current Time 4:13 AM