Travis

Re: Over the counter culture
SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 6:47 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
The Seldom Seen Kid by Elbow is worth a listen if you don't already have it.

Dubz

Elbow fan ever since asleep in the back,quality band

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 6:51 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Sam, did you ever find Sam Roberts cds?
The Stills are opening for him on his CDN tour, i think. I might be going. A friend bought me a ticket before i gave her an answer, and i was only half interested since i already saw him a few months ago, so she was going to see if someone else wanted it.

yeah i got the cds that you recommended,burned them onto my computer, put them on my ipod and then returned them to amoeba,great stuff,and they had a lot of his releases there which was cool! even some singles,too expensive though, i might get them later. i'm on a major budget right now cuz i bought league championship series tickets for sunday and i plan to buy world series tickets soon! you like the stills? is their new cd good? their first cd was amazing, i saw them at the troubadour for that album but their second album wasn't so good

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 7:17 PM Quote
i dont know the Stills other than their singles, so i couldnt tell you. Woot CANCON laws which means Canadian music, no matter how good or bad, have to make up 35% of radio content. Or something like that. 1st year university was a long time ago. Hmm

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 7:20 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
DAKOTA wrote:
I buy CDs and Records all the time. There's nothing I like better than going to my local record store and browsing around. I used to go every Tuesday (new Release Day!)

Last ones I bought was the Stand Ins by Okkervil River, and the Stills latest, and TV on the Radio. :)

THE LAST STILLS CD was really disapointing, what is their new cd like? i won't buy it until someone tells me that it's good. i have seen ads for okervil river,interesting name,what does it mean? is it an actual river somewhere?and lastly, ARE THEY GOOD?

Well, I love Okkervil River, but that's entirely subjective. This latest release is a follow-up to last years The Stage Names (which was great!), and it's songs from that same recording session. LINK Apparently they are named after a short story.

As for the stills, I've never purchased a Stills album before, but this one struck my fancy and it passed the "I like at least three songs from it" test before I bought it, so there's that. I haven't given it a good proper listen yet, but I did have it on while I did other things a couple times and it sounds good to me. :) But like I said, I can't make a proper comparison anyway, because I don't have anything to compare it against, except for the few singles from the other albums that I've heard.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 7:24 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
i dont know the Stills other than their singles, so i couldnt tell you. Woot CANCON laws which means Canadian music, no matter how good or bad, have to make up 35% of radio content. Or something like that. 1st year university was a lot time ago. Hmm

hmmmm,you lost me after having only heard stills singles,i think it's just me not fully understanding "canadian" yet,lol, but anyways, how about the dears?they opened for morrissey once, not bad.oh kristy,did you hear?! coldplay will play anaheim on nov 25!!!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 7:28 PM Quote
i only really know the Dears' singles too. Never bought their album.

Well, Coldplay are also playing Ottawa in...11 days. And i will be there.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 8:08 PM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
DAKOTA wrote:
I buy CDs and Records all the time. There's nothing I like better than going to my local record store and browsing around. I used to go every Tuesday (new Release Day!)

Last ones I bought was the Stand Ins by Okkervil River, and the Stills latest, and TV on the Radio. :)

THE LAST STILLS CD was really disapointing, what is their new cd like? i won't buy it until someone tells me that it's good. i have seen ads for okervil river,interesting name,what does it mean? is it an actual river somewhere?and lastly, ARE THEY GOOD?

Well, I love Okkervil River, but that's entirely subjective. This latest release is a follow-up to last years The Stage Names (which was great!), and it's songs from that same recording session. LINK Apparently they are named after a short story.

As for the stills, I've never purchased a Stills album before, but this one struck my fancy and it passed the "I like at least three songs from it" test before I bought it, so there's that. I haven't given it a good proper listen yet, but I did have it on while I did other things a couple times and it sounds good to me. :) But like I said, I can't make a proper comparison anyway, because I don't have anything to compare it against, except for the few singles from the other albums that I've heard.

alright,you like travis so i'm gonna take a chance on okkervil river,anything is better than the generic sound of most new american bands,fkn tired of it, i have that same rule also about 3 songs,that's usually a good indication of an atleast decent album.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 9:27 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
i only really know the Dears' singles too. Never bought their album.

Well, Coldplay are also playing Ottawa in...11 days. And i will be there.

Good job k! that is awsome. are you going with anyone special or will it be friends? my first coldplay show was on valentines day 00,but sadly i was there with a guy friend:-( second time it was with a date,we got there late,it was a disaster! this last time it was with my gfriend,really nice

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 9:31 PM Quote
there is no one special :(
Going with a friend.
The first time i saw them with a kinda friend, the 2nd time i went alone bc 10 seconds after they went on sale, i couldnt get 2 tickets together anyways there wasnt the 300s, so i just bought my own in the 100s, and this time again with a friend. The cycle of Coldplay...

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 9:36 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Going with a friend.
The first time i saw them with a kinda friend, the 2nd time i went alone bc 10 seconds after they went on sale, i couldnt get 2 tickets together anyways there wasnt the 300s, so i just bought my own in the 100s, and this time again with a friend. The cycle of Coldplay...

that's ok, it's coldplay! you're gonna have a great time,....don't tell my gf,but if i lived in canada, i would totally go with you;-]....hey by the way, how bout our boy russ martin huh? he's tearing it up! i told you he was the man! thank you sooooooo much canada!please make sure to pass that on:-p

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 9:38 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Going with a friend.

that's ok, it's coldplay! you're gonna have a great time,....don't tell my gf,but if i lived in canada, i would totally go with you;-]....hey by the way, how bout our boy russ martin huh? he's tearing it up! i told you he was the man! thank you sooooooo much canada!please make sure to pass that on:-p

just using me for coldplay ;)

I'll see what i can do about sending out some sorta national bulletin.
Attn: 33 million people of Canada: Thank you for Russ Martin.
Something like that?

TK23
TK23 Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 9:39 PM Quote
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:

5.day and age-killers....as if i could ever just say no

I cannot wait for this! Spaceman & Human (all that I've heard so far) sound absolutely brilliant. Also, have you seen the album cover art?! I love it!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 9:40 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Maybe you should take Darran with ya ;P.

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 9:54 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Going with a friend.

just using me for coldplay ;)

I'll see what i can do about sending out some sorta national bulletin.
Attn: 33 million people of Canada: Thank you for Russ Martin.
Something like that?

i would never USE you,you're my friend,what i meant is that i would be your date,and ofcourse,i would pay for the tickets not you, I am a gentleman you know;-)

as for the announcement,it's perfect! just as i imagined it:-D

SAM(LOS ANGELES)
SAM(LOS ANGELES) Posted Thu 09 Oct, 2008 9:58 PM Quote
TK23 wrote:
SAM(LOS ANGELES) wrote:

5.day and age-killers....as if i could ever just say no

I cannot wait for this! Spaceman & Human (all that I've heard so far) sound absolutely brilliant. Also, have you seen the album cover art?! I love it!

i saw their performance on saturday night live this past weekend and that's all, i wanna wait to hear the cd in it's entirety! i know it's gonna be good! cus the last album,the one that they named in my honor:-p,wasn't so good,can't wait

Pages Previous 1 [2] 3 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:13 PM