oh yeah it's totally odd XD

Re: Dougie's Coat
Rammsfer
Rammsfer Posted Fri 17 Apr, 2009 5:29 PM Quote
They use deodorant :]

velouria
velouria Posted Sat 18 Apr, 2009 8:49 AM Quote
Haha. This is grand. You guys are going on about smells [although I did mention it a bit], and now dreams?! Ahh...Travis fans are just great.

Nell
Nell Posted Sat 18 Apr, 2009 10:52 AM Quote
or nuts :)

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Sat 18 Apr, 2009 11:33 AM Quote
Hahahaha. Who you calling nuts? ;)

I am prefectly sane!! Really......I am!

closergms1968
closergms1968 Posted Sat 18 Apr, 2009 11:40 AM Quote
Am i nuts.
I'm sure fran said at last years Bath concert that Dougies coat was made in 1968! The year i was born.

ChineseBlues
ChineseBlues Posted Sat 18 Apr, 2009 3:26 PM Quote
Haha.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 4:28 PM Quote
I wanted to report to those who are interested in Dougie's coat what Dougie said when I asked him, "do you ever get hot in that coat?" The answer is.....................

"sometimes"

I then said, "so you suffer for your fashion?" and he laughed and said that's a good way of looking at it.

I can't say that I was consciously sniffing Dougie to determine if he or the coat smelled good or bad but I have a sensitive nose and I didn't notice any stink so I think the power of his hips somehow keep the coat smelling good.

(and I think it's hilarious that I just typed the above paragraph)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 4:38 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
I wanted to report to those who are interested in Dougie's coat what Dougie said when I asked him, "do you ever get hot in that coat?" The answer is.....................

"sometimes"

I then said, "so you suffer for your fashion?" and he laughed and said that's a good way of looking at it.

I can't say that I was consciously sniffing Dougie to determine if he or the coat smelled good or bad but I have a sensitive nose and I didn't notice any stink so I think the power of his hips somehow keep the coat smelling good.

I agree. I mean, we were all in pretty tight quarters when pics were being taken, and I noticed no stink. Nor did I with Fran and the hat. They are magical beings.

alanistradi
alanistradi Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 6:41 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA XD
(That's an interesting theory)

nickynooboo
nickynooboo Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 6:49 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

"sometimes"

Anne...thank you so much for finally answering my questions via Dougie. I can rest easily now.

I also find that last paragraph hilarious. Maybe the coat did smell, but he hypnotised you with the power of his hips into thinking it didn't !???!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Mon 20 Apr, 2009 7:07 PM Quote
nickynooboo wrote:
Maybe the coat did smell, but he hypnotised you with the power of his hips into thinking it didn't !???!

Well he wasn't doing the hip action after the show but perhaps I was still under the hip spell when we met.

I cannot say your theory is impossible.

Peter76
Peter76 Posted Tue 21 Apr, 2009 2:55 AM Quote
There was a LOT of hip action when I saw Dougie last and I didn't smell a thing afterwards. So you might be onto something...... ;P

sallycc
sallycc Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 4:34 AM Quote
he wore the coat last night when played at the house of blues here in boston! and it was 80 degrees (at least it felt like so)...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/sallycc/CIMG5659.jpg

Phyxius
Phyxius Posted Tue 28 Apr, 2009 2:15 PM Quote
Peter76 wrote:
I asked Dougie about his coat and he said it was from the Royal British Navy. Most military clothing run large but it fits him perfectly.

nickynooboo wrote:
Surely it must smell? If not then half of the bands tour budget must be going to some dry cleaning firm somewhere?!? Do you think it is a secret code and he is trying to tell us something? Or maybe he is being held to ransom and HAS to keep wearing it???

I had two coat hugs from Dougie last week and I assure you, it does not smell. ;)

Very true. I got a hug after the 4.23 show and the jacket is not smelly. And, since it was quite chilly at 2am that night the boys were nice and warm. In fact my friend told Dougie that he was "So warm." To which Dougie replied, "Is that luke warm way of saying I'm hot." :-D

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:58 AM