Travis

Re: The Official 'Interesting' Post
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 9:28 PM Quote
Yesterday I learned that most placed in Texas do not have basements.
Source: Anne.

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 9:54 PM Quote
- in the 19th century, scientists warned against the so-called "bicycle face": they thought the head-wind could deform human faces

- the world record in nonstop-hiccups is 69 years (omg!)

- in New York there are still some water-pipes made of bamboo in use.

- in Germany (don't know about other countries) the original green-coloured Haribo gummibears taste of strawberry.

- when cows eat too many carrots, the milk gets pink.

- a four-year old asks 400 questions a day.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:00 PM Quote
I wonder why the milk turns pink, when carrots are orange? Hmmm. I guess farmers have to be really careful what cows eat. I read a book once where the cows found some wild garlic in a pasture and the dairy customers complained that the milk tasted terrible. The entire force of dairy workers stood side by side and searched the entire pasture to search for and destroy any wild garlic they found.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:02 PM Quote
Kaytes' boot looks uber HAWT !

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:03 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I wonder why the milk turns pink, when carrots are orange? Hmmm. I guess farmers have to be really careful what cows eat. I read a book once where the cows found some wild garlic in a pasture and the dairy customers complained that the milk tasted terrible. The entire force of dairy workers stood side by side and searched the entire pasture to search for and destroy any wild garlic they found.

I've never tried to mix carrot juice and milk... maybe if you put just a liiiiitttle carrot juice in milk, it turns kinda pink? hm...
oh god, imagine your breakfast milk tasting of garlic.. uaaah...

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 10:54 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

you read..umm, interesting books Kayte!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 11:19 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy, 1891
It's a classic!

lilly
lilly Posted Wed 12 Nov, 2008 11:27 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy, 1891
It's a classic!

really, that's in "Tess..."??? I read that book a few years ago... can't remember the garlic... aaargh, I forgot everything!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 05 Dec, 2008 3:36 PM Quote
This is what I found staring at me from my lava lamp. (Yes, I have a lava lamp, no jokes please. It makes a good night light if I have to get up in the middle of the night.) It looks even spookier in the dark.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3116/3084160685_a7865a205a_m.jpg

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 05 Dec, 2008 3:42 PM Quote
no jokes please? Seriously? You have a lava lamp! cant wait for Ric to get a hold of that!

And that is creepy.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 05 Dec, 2008 3:50 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
This is what I found staring at me from my lava lamp. (Yes, I have a lava lamp, no jokes please. It makes a good night light if I have to get up in the middle of the night.) It looks even spookier in the dark.

Detroit is full of HIPPIES !

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 05 Dec, 2008 4:31 PM Quote
At least I keep my feet covered.
P.S. So cold in the D.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 05 Dec, 2008 4:42 PM Quote

It looks like an alien fetus.

Or if you look at it straight on it's a creepy face staring at you with little red eyes and a surprised "Oh!" mouth. He has some sort of growth on his face. Maybe that's the alien fetus.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Fri 05 Dec, 2008 4:44 PM Quote
That's the way I see it, a face with an OH! mouth and age spots on his forehead. It gave me the creeps when I turned it on the other night.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 05 Dec, 2008 4:47 PM Quote
and the thing on the left of the face almost looks like a hand pointing. AT YOU!

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] 4 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:37 PM