Travis

Re: Happy Thanksgiving...
deebee
deebee Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:18 PM Quote
Ewwwwww eels!
Do you do the full works with stuffing and trillions of different types of potatoes?

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:22 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Now im picturing Moray on a platter, on a table with an apple in his mouth, surrounded by pilgrims and Native people. Coming together to enjoy the bounty of the Moray. Juli...i think this is your new photoshop project.

If I were Juli, I wouldn't touch that one with a ten foot pole.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:45 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
Ewwwwww eels!
Do you do the full works with stuffing and trillions of different types of potatoes?

stuffing, and mashed poatotes and corn and rolls and squash and gravy and cranberry sauce, oh my!

and pie, but i dont really like pie so it just sat there. I had a crepe the night before, i dont need pie.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:13 PM Quote
What sort of cooking shows are you people watching that feature the skinning of eels???

BLECK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving to my Canadianish brethren.

lilly
lilly Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:37 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
What sort of cooking shows are you people watching that feature the skinning of eels???

actually, the show I watched was taking place in the kitchen of the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Berlin. There were 3 contestants who wanted to get a job there, and they all had to skin eels as their first task... *eew*

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:39 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:

PBS, dear, it broadens the mind! They hang the eel from a hook, cut around to start the skinning, and then just strip the skin off, like a woman peeling off her stockings. Totally gross.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 6:45 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

PBS, dear, it broadens the mind!

I love PBS but I do not need my mind broadened in this fashion.

deebee
deebee Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 8:16 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
deebee wrote:
Ewwwwww eels!

stuffing, and mashed poatotes and corn and rolls and squash and gravy and cranberry sauce, oh my!

and pie, but i dont really like pie so it just sat there. I had a crepe the night before, i dont need pie.

Yummmmm lovely - what an excuse to have a big pig out! and then you get to do it all over again at Christmas time ( wonderful!)

Pages Previous 1 2 [3] All Times BST Current Time 1:00 AM