Travis

Re: Radio Stations around the world
BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:00 PM Quote
deebee wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
deebee wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
I don't think Travis are played in England any more. I think the old stuff is probably more likely than any recent single. I really hope it changes with Song To Self...

Would it be fair to say that they are more Radio 2 material now rather than Radio 1 in the UK?

Yes, that is correct, but they don't play Travis either. Though Fran has appeared in a couple of radio 2 interviews in the past few months, and of course they played Travis then, but i don't think they get on the station's playlist.

Yes, I remember the interviews but assumed they were playing their music :-(

No, i don't think so. Maybe very occasionally. People say they aren't promoted in their country any more but apart from the very rare thing, they aren't in the the UK either. That's why after 2 weeks, Ode To J Smith is at 43 in the UK Album Chart. They're out of the top 100 on Play.com now. Below albums that were released a couple of years or more ago. :(

Re: Radio Stations around the world
deebee
deebee Posted Tue 14 Oct, 2008 5:04 PM Quote
To be honest Ben, I don't follow the charts at all but I do want the album to be a success for their sakes after all the hard work that's gone into it. I really don't want it to take off like "the man who" for simply selfish reasons. I enjoy the intimate venues etc and wouldn't want them going back to arenas. Maybe the lack of airplay is deliberate but it's still a shame to not expose such a great record to a wider population.

Pages Previous 1 [2] All Times BST Current Time 1:55 PM