Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
lilly
lilly Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 10:18 PM Quote
- found out (on facebook) that the disney figure I'm most alike is BAMBI. bo-ring.

- went to the birthday party of a one year old. at a coffee bar. actually, they sell 23 sorts of hot chocolate, too, so maybe it's a chocolate café/bar. didn't try the chocolates, will have to go back there.

- baking two cakes at once IS difficult. especially when the recipes are completely different. never going to do that again.

- still no idea how I'm supposed to paint my appartment alone, in one day.

dee
dee Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 11:24 PM Quote
i'm in my room trying to stretch out a pair of jeans because i am such a girl that i refused to go the needed one size up.

its involving lots of jumping around, squats and wiggling.

...it would probably have been a lot easier to give up, return the jeans and buy the next size, but i figure jeans eventually get baggy on you after a couple of wears so this might be the way to the perfect pair short of sitting in an ice cold bath ith a pair on

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 11:47 PM Quote
dee wrote:
i'm in my room trying to stretch out a pair of jeans because i am such a girl that i refused to go the needed one size up.

its involving lots of jumping around, squats and wiggling.

...it would probably have been a lot easier to give up, return the jeans and buy the next size, but i figure jeans eventually get baggy on you after a couple of wears so this might be the way to the perfect pair short of sitting in an ice cold bath ith a pair on

Ha ha! I always say I think I'm one step away from buying a whale-bone corset to hold everything in.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 21 Sep, 2009 12:23 AM Quote
I decided to be a circus ringmaster for halloween (on which I will be with Frandy in Montreal). So now begins the process of trying to transform a giant/ugly $6 jacket into something appropriate using the sequined fabric, felt, gold edging, etc that I bought.
I was going to be a french artist this year...splattered smock, palette, baret BUT given that this is in Montreal, I am NOT wearing a baret. And I dont want to be holding a palatte at the concert.
So...me and my scissors, seam ripper and sewing machine are going to become very good friends over the next month.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 21 Sep, 2009 3:06 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
Good luck. I'm sure you'll do fine:)

Thank you!!! Apparently it was alright, thank god! And I say "apparently" because I was sooo nervous that I couldn't tell if I was singing out of key or not xD. But my friends said it was good, and some people I don't know congratulated me afterwards, so I guess it must have been decent :o).

As for jeans, I'm the exact opposite. I always buy larger ones. I don't know why I do that. After the first time I wear them, they stretch and become too big for me.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 21 Sep, 2009 3:15 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
I decided to be a circus ringmaster for halloween (on which I will be with Frandy in Montreal). So now begins the process of trying to transform a giant/ugly $6 jacket into something appropriate using the sequined fabric, felt, gold edging, etc that I bought.
I was going to be a french artist this year...splattered smock, palette, baret BUT given that this is in Montreal, I am NOT wearing a baret. And I dont want to be holding a palatte at the concert.
So...me and my scissors, seam ripper and sewing machine are going to become very good friends over the next month.

put the palatte up in coat check ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Mon 21 Sep, 2009 4:28 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:

put the palatte up in coat check ?

no.

I already started tearing apart and pinning the jacket back together. It already looks better. Although it hurts to try it on because there are so many pins in it. But it is closer to being the right size, the arms are tailored and it now has tails. I think i can start sewing tonight. Such a long way to go.

the boy with a cryptic name
the boy with a cryptic name Posted Mon 21 Sep, 2009 9:46 PM Quote
Today was my last day at work this year. Start uni on Saturday. It's all kicking off really :)

Nell
Nell Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 3:33 AM Quote

Start uni on Sat? ....should be forbidden... No weekend free time for you?

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 4:22 AM Quote
burned a screen for some goofy art , 5 more to go

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 2:42 PM Quote
Here is my costume progress:
http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs250.snc1/9721_669045536436_121503582_39832135_7273564_n.jpg

http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs270.snc1/9721_669279537496_121503582_39845459_6516139_n.jpg

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs270.snc1/9721_669311792856_121503582_39847344_1891950_n.jpg

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs270.snc1/9721_669311802836_121503582_39847345_7358420_n.jpg

Gold trim starts tonight.

PS- I leave for NYC in a week!!!! First vacation in over 3 years. ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 4:35 PM Quote
Grr...I hate going to the doctor!! I went for a check-up in March, and I'm still getting bills. I'm responsible, and pay my bills right away, but every now and then, I get another bill!
Even with insurance, it's soooo incredibly expensive, and the doctor and the lab companies send bills all at weird times. So, after paying a couple hundred dollars to be told I'm fine, I get another one!
I'm finally dealing with this lab company who sends me separate bills for different tests, months apart...it's so irritating!! I asked them why they didn't just put it all on one invoice, and they said "it's just the way we bill." Well F*** You and the way you bill!

So, that's my news today. Rant over!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 4:56 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Grr...I hate going to the doctor!! I went for a check-up in March, and I'm still getting bills. I'm responsible, and pay my bills right away, but every now and then, I get another bill!
Even with insurance, it's soooo incredibly expensive, and the doctor and the lab companies send bills all at weird times. So, after paying a couple hundred dollars to be told I'm fine, I get another one!
I'm finally dealing with this lab company who sends me separate bills for different tests, months apart...it's so irritating!! I asked them why they didn't just put it all on one invoice, and they said "it's just the way we bill." Well F*** You and the way you bill!

So, that's my news today. Rant over!

I can sympathize with you, Sandy. I go through the same thing. We pay for our insurance. We pay the doctor. The immunizations for the kids are covered under a separate program, but there is no billing code for that program!! So, we end up getting a bill for the shots, have to call, have that taken care of, and then we get another bill for the service fee for the nurse who gave the injection. It's insane! The system is so messed up.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 5:19 PM Quote
praise thee universal health care

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Tue 22 Sep, 2009 7:07 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
praise thee universal health care

*can of worms opened :) *

Pages Previous 1...92 93 94 95 [96] 97 98 99 100 101 102 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:21 AM