Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
dee
dee Posted Wed 26 Aug, 2009 11:02 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
minnmess wrote:
One of the shows my theatre is putting on this year is the Diary of Anne Frank. Ive been trying to arrange guest speakers to do talk backs after the show. A 15 minute conversation with a Holocaust survivor has left me teary eyed. He didnt even say that much, but hearing a human being very briefly talk about what he went through as a 13 year old boy has left me broken hearted.

Talking with genocide survivors about what they've been through makes you feel terrible anguish. Well, at least it makes me feel that way. Oddly, the survivors I've talked to also conveyed this feeling of strength and never giving up, always remembering and fighting so nobody else has to experience what they had to. Each time, I felt so proud and honoured of them.

we had a talk from a survivor of bergen-belsen a couple of years ago. really moving. never forget it

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 1:40 AM Quote
Kristy, did you survive the leeching today?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 5:03 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Either...
-I survived and felt almost 100% during, or...
-this is a ghost! Boo!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 2:19 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Either...
-this is a ghost! Boo!

or some mad scientist kidnapped you and made some clones ?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 3:44 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Either...
-this is a ghost! Boo!

or some mad scientist kidnapped you and made some clones ?

Ive already made a clone of me.
Her name is Laura. She is my friend who I have made like hockey and pretty much every band/musician and tv show that I do.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 6:14 PM Quote
I bought a new ipod:)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 27 Aug, 2009 7:00 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:
I bought a new ipod:)

oh noeZ

http://dropular.net/content/_fixed/pjra843xti_e8144cff8a4a295ff715ad73bfc69682.gif

because of that hiedi is gonna get the audrinnna treatment

http://www.expressobeans.com/remote/3837:139583.jpg

on a journey LP !

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 28 Aug, 2009 3:24 PM Quote
Tonight is the dirty bridal shower.
The planning of this has meant funny conversations that I dont normally have with my female friends. Such as last night's: "I accidently bought lubricated condoms."

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 2:10 AM Quote

The music school where I take singing lessons organized a students' show tomorrow, and I'll be singing live for the first time in my life.
And I have a cold. I'm so nervous that today at the rehearsal I missed twice a note I never miss. And it was just the rehearsal. I hope it doesn't sound so terribly awful tomorrow :o(.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 2:21 AM Quote
I just wanted to say that I love my life and booze plus some people's company cure everything.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 3:43 AM Quote

The music school where I take singing lessons organized a students' show tomorrow, and I'll be singing live for the first time in my life.
And I have a cold. I'm so nervous that today at the rehearsal I missed twice a note I never miss. And it was just the rehearsal. I hope it doesn't sound so terribly awful tomorrow :o(.

bust a move !

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 4:03 AM Quote

What song or songs are you going to sing?

Nell
Nell Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 5:36 PM Quote

started the day harvesting my crops on "farmville" on facebook - which doesn't work for the moment being. Then spend the next few hours talking to Zygna and other fellows who have problems with it - which was actually fun :)
Interesting guys :)

Played the guitar, played computer - did absolutely nothing for school -which ...well is really bad. That's why I'm gonna go do something now...

well anyway - it's nice to see that this thread made it to page 95!

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 6:05 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:

Just one song, I don't think I could make it if I was to sing more songs, lol. I'm going to sing Driftwood, it was my coach's choice :o). It's going to be acoustic: just me and a guy with a guitar. I'm so scared that I'm going to start vocalizing on my own now :oP.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Sun 20 Sep, 2009 10:16 PM Quote
hennypenny wrote:

Just one song, I don't think I could make it if I was to sing more songs, lol. I'm going to sing Driftwood, it was my coach's choice :o). It's going to be acoustic: just me and a guy with a guitar. I'm so scared that I'm going to start vocalizing on my own now :oP.

Good luck. I'm sure you'll do fine:)

Pages Previous 1...91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 Next All Times BST Current Time 6:16 AM