Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 3:21 AM Quote
minnmess wrote:
-my co-worker found another co-workers credit card in the toilet. When she called her to tell her I was crying I was laughing so hard.
-my aunt emailed me to asked if I wanted tickets to see Britney Spears. Umm, no! Have we met?

if you go , you'll need a crazy britney shirt... i can arrange that

dee
dee Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 3:35 PM Quote
i just learned how to "pop it, lock it and polka dot it".
god bless you if you don't know what i'm on about

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/3/28/128827421232275722.jpg

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 4:50 PM Quote
*Rant*

A woman just came into my office and complained because she says that she finished a seminar we organized but she didn't get the corresponding credits (they need training credits to upgrade the category and improve their salary). Well, hello! You need to attend 80% of the classes in order to get a certificate and credits. Maybe if you hadn't left after 30 minutes in every single class you would have gotten the credits!
And she insisted that we had given her an attendance certificate... no way we did! She just made that up to see if she could get the credits anyway, even though she had been informed that she wasn't a regular student, and she knew she didn't fulfill the requirements.
She was sooo pissed. But I couldn't believe her nerve. These people are getting paid to be trained for free, during working hours.
Maybe we should just ask people to sign up for a nonexisting course and give them the credits right away, so they don't have to bother attending it. That way they could skip work every week for three hours and not only still get paid for it, but also improve their income by being a complete lazy ass!
I told her this (well, the general idea, without being rude) and she left my office outraged. She has no right to be outraged, I have!
People are so corrupt.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 5:36 PM Quote
in the past couple of weeks, I have seen 2 very pregnant women smoking. the first time I wanted to slap her, and this time I felt sad and sick.
If you can't give up smoking for 9 months, then you don't deserve a child.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 5:42 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
in the past couple of weeks, I have seen 2 very pregnant women smoking. the first time I wanted to slap her, and this time I felt sad and sick.
If you can't give up smoking for 9 months, then you don't deserve a child.

That's disgusting! I understand it's an addiction, but aren't they slightly concerned about their babies' health?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 8:11 PM Quote
So, thursday I am in a parade. This local parade asked my work to be the grand marshalls. It has a glitz, and glam hollywood theme kinda thing. Anywho, so 3 staff members are in it in sparkley dresses and shiny tux's and stuff. I voluntered to take pictures of it, thinking I would just be walking along, but the wardrobe dept pulled me a 40's style polka dot dress and little felt hat which I am making a press card thing for.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Tue 11 Aug, 2009 10:24 PM Quote
hollywood , Ontario ?

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 12 Aug, 2009 3:30 AM Quote
I had an amazing day today!!!
A friend, my sister and I went to defend our paper on Genocidal Social Practices today, and we got a 9/10. But that's not the best part. The professor offered us to join a project he's doing. I'm not so sure what exactly we will be doing, but it has to do with systematizing information for the trials of the people responsible for the genocide in Argentina. The professor of one of the best subjects in my entire career offered us to be a part of an extremely interesting project! I still can't believe it. I'm elated :oD.

Btw, found more info about it. The project's called: "Toward a reconstruction of the Argentine genocide memories. The construction of the Testimony Archive about ex-detainees-dissapeared in concentration camps or jails during the last military dictatorship".

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 12 Aug, 2009 4:08 PM Quote
Today is my trial for shooting productions at work.

Begining to wonder why I am sharing this incase I eff it up and they dont let me do the rest of the season.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 12 Aug, 2009 4:15 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Begining to wonder why I am sharing this incase I eff it up and they dont let me do the rest of the season.

You won't mess it up.

Sidenote: if you change 'productions' to 'producers' in your first sentence the meaning really changes.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 12 Aug, 2009 4:21 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

You won't mess it up.

Sidenote: if you change 'productions' to 'producers' in your first sentence the meaning really changes.

We don't all live in Texas, love.

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 6:20 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
So, thursday I am in a parade. This local parade asked my work to be the grand marshalls. It has a glitz, and glam hollywood theme kinda thing. Anywho, so 3 staff members are in it in sparkley dresses and shiny tux's and stuff. I voluntered to take pictures of it, thinking I would just be walking along, but the wardrobe dept pulled me a 40's style polka dot dress and little felt hat which I am making a press card thing for.

We'll need to see pictures of that.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 13 Aug, 2009 7:29 PM Quote
fenchurch wrote:
minnmess wrote:

We'll need to see pictures of that.

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 3:28 AM Quote
your wish is my command

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs149.snc1/5529_662758326056_121503582_39438574_7263042_n.jpg

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs129.snc1/5529_662758066576_121503582_39438525_8245996_n.jpg

and so you can see my awesome press hat thinger:
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs129.snc1/5529_662758071566_121503582_39438526_2968438_n.jpg

Im not a car girl, but the red convertable thunderbird that we got was pretty cool!

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Fri 14 Aug, 2009 4:54 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I had an amazing day today!!!
A friend, my sister and I went to defend our paper on Genocidal Social Practices today, and we got a 9/10. But that's not the best part. The professor offered us to join a project he's doing. I'm not so sure what exactly we will be doing, but it has to do with systematizing information for the trials of the people responsible for the genocide in Argentina. The professor of one of the best subjects in my entire career offered us to be a part of an extremely interesting project! I still can't believe it. I'm elated :oD.

Btw, found more info about it. The project's called: "Toward a reconstruction of the Argentine genocide memories. The construction of the Testimony Archive about ex-detainees-dissapeared in concentration camps or jails during the last military dictatorship".

That's great news for all of you! Well done! I don't know much about the subject at all, but sounds like some serious stuff. I hope that this experience will be (sounds like it would be) really beneficial to you, and maybe it will lead to something grand. (lol...like I said, I don't know enough on the subject.)
By the way, that's a really long project title! haha...

Anyway, I just wanted to say Congratulations to all 3 of you, and I hope you learn and get a lot out of this project!

Pages Previous 1...87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:41 AM