Re: Michael Phelps
AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 6:41 PM Quote
If you got it
flaunt it

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 7:16 PM Quote
I was just reading one of my fav hockey columnists blog, but it's kinda become multi-sport during the summer, and this made me laugh.

How many times can we say Michael Phelps?
I had a friend in town this weekend and we had a good laugh at the NBC announcers' fawning/bordering-on-schoolgirl-crush on U.S. Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps. Over the course of maybe an hour, we heard the following references. Some may be made up due to the fact the words "Michael Phelps" lost all meaning to me by the end, but you get the general idea:

- Michael Phelps is still on track to become the greatest Olympian in history

- Does anyone have a chance against Michael Phelps?

- Michael Phelps is just so powerful, watch him swim away from his opponents

- Michael Phelps. Wow.

- Michael Phelps is not only a good swimmer, he's a nice guy

- I wonder what brand of headphones those are that Michael Phelps is wearing, because I want to buy some due to the fact Michael Phelps is wearing them

- A train leaves Atlanta at 1:15 p.m. at a speed of 100 MPH. At the same time, a Michael Phelps swims out of Raleigh at a speed of 150 MPH. At what time does the train get sawed in half because it tried to drive through Michael Phelps?

- I tell you one thing: if the Packers falter behind Aaron Rodgers next season, they might want to call some guy named Michael Phelps.

- Question: If you dropped Michael Phelps in the middle of the Pacific ocean right beside a shark and they had a race, who would reach North America first? I think you know MY answer

- Michael Phelps is a dreamboat. And he swims faster than boats.

- Forget Obama. Vote Phelps.

- Daaaaaaaaa Phelps

After a while I got to thinking...where else have I heard NBC announcers express their undying love and adoration for a star athlete....oooohhh yeah...

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc186/jjgordo2/AAA_0634.jpg

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 7:24 PM Quote
So, is he more powerful now than Chuck Norris???

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 7:43 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Dang it. I was going to make that joke.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 8:21 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

Dang it. I was going to make that joke.

you don't know 'onus' but you certainly do make good Chuck Norris jokes, lol

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 8:50 PM Quote
NOOOOOOO! Kristy! How could you? lol! *shields eyes*

I hate Sidney Crosby, but I have other reason for hating him that go beyond the fact that he's a media darling and the new poster boy for the NHL. Besides having to hear his name every five seconds during the finals even though he did NOTHING against the Red Wings, I dislike him because he's a freakin' baby and complains way too much. Just play the game!!! I respect his athleticism and there is no doubt he's great, but I think he's incredibly overrated right now. I wish the media would just back off of him a bit and actually let him play and prove himself rather than call him the next Great One before he's accomplished anything! Plus, there are SO many talented players out there right now *cough* Henrik Zetterberg & Pavel Datsyuk *cough* and many others who deserve attention as well!

AbsGinger
AbsGinger Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 8:54 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Chuck is in love

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 9:23 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

I hate Sidney Crosby, but I have other reason for hating him that go beyond the fact that he's a media darling and the new poster boy for the NHL. Besides having to hear his name every five seconds during the finals even though he did NOTHING against the Red Wings, I dislike him because he's a freakin' baby and complains way too much. Just play the game!!! I respect his athleticism and there is no doubt he's great, but I think he's incredibly overrated right now. I wish the media would just back off of him a bit and actually let him play and prove himself rather than call him the next Great One before he's accomplished anything! Plus, there are SO many talented players out there right now *cough* Henrik Zetterberg & Pavel Datsyuk *cough* and many others who deserve attention as well!

just for the record, i didnt add that last part, it was part of the article.
I dislike him too. And completely agree that he is a whiney baby. I'll send you a link on facebook of this hilarious pic i took at a playoff game 2 years ago against the Pens where 2 big grown men were dressed as babies: Roberts and Crosby. too funny.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 9:27 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:

I dislike him too. And completely agree that he is a whiney baby. I'll send you a link on facebook of this hilarious pic i took at a playoff game 2 years ago against the Pens where 2 big grown men were dressed as babies: Roberts and Crosby. too funny.

Ok, I forgive you if it was part of the article. ^.^ That is too funny about the fans dressed as babies! HA!

PS- I love how we've managed to turn yet another thread into a hockey thread! Sorry everyone! We're going through withdraws here!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 9:47 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
minnmess wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Ok, I forgive you if it was part of the article. ^.^ That is too funny about the fans dressed as babies! HA!

PS- I love how we've managed to turn yet another thread into a hockey thread! Sorry everyone! We're going through withdraws here!

we should keep a running tally! this has got to be atleast thread 5 of 6.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 10:18 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

you think the sharks can do it ever ?

fenchurch
fenchurch Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 10:56 PM Quote
Oh my God i saw him last night, Micheal Phelps. He's so...I dunno, it took me ten minutes to realise my mouth was hanging open in awe! He's freaky to say the least.

hennypenny
hennypenny Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 11:20 PM Quote
Everyone should be a Phelps Phan:P

kiwi
kiwi Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 1:28 AM Quote
I remember this guy from 2004. He scares me muchly.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 14 Aug, 2008 2:02 AM Quote
kiwi wrote:
I remember this guy from 2004. He scares me muchly.

And then he was only 19!

Pages Previous 1...5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:34 PM