Travis

Re: The Official Nighttiming Thread
Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 4:25 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Meridith wrote:
Nikki wrote:
Oh! So I'm getting a new car tomorrow! It was kind of a last minute thing because my lease isn't up for another 2 months, but I'm getting out of it early in order to get another one because I guess Chrysler is going to be getting out of the lease business since they're losing money...all the Big Three are. It sucks. Our economy in Detroit is crap right now.

Anyway, I'm getting a brand new Dodge Avenger (red...for the Red Wings, of course!) and it's got a sweet radio with a screen and the whole deal. I'm so excited to pick it up tomorrow!

I remember that painting...great flair! How fun about the new car...those avengers are cute! We keep talking about getting a slightly bigger one for me...but then I go to fill up at the gas station and am glad I have my little Corolla.

Yeah, I have a 2005 Sebring right now and it's ok on gas but this car will be even better. I'm not an SUV/truck person. Gas is too expensive!! I got excited because there's a station here that is offering gas for $3.77 a gallon IF you pay cash. The most I've paid is $4.29. Unbelievable. Plus, people who drive big Hummers and stuff like that just piss me off for some reason...no one needs a vehicle that freakin' big!

Ahh, I remember when gas was that cheap! Sigh. I wouldn't mind a crossover car...but then again the biggest I would probably go is up to a Camry or something similar. It would just be nice to have a little more breathing room in the back seat for when I drive my daughter and her friends to ballet. Yeah, I laugh at those Hummers...there are a lot of people here that drive them...probably mostly as a status symbol. I see them more in the summer than I do the winter.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 4:29 AM Quote
kiwi wrote:
Nikki wrote:
kiwi wrote:
Hellohello.
Ooohhh what's it look like? I just chucked out my old homemade 'Glass Onion' one :(

Hi nice to meet you, Kiwi.

I was originally going to have it say Travis on the back in their famous font and "the circle only has one side" on the front and make the text in a circle, but I decided on something cooler and more original. It's still gonna say Travis on back, but in front it'll have a pair of headphones and the cord spells out "song to self"...I just finished the design. It looks pretty sweet. I must say ^.^ ..I'll post a picture of it once I actually print out the stencil and paint it on the t-shirt. :)

Why did you chuck your old Glass Onion t-shirt? Did it have holes or something?

Oh that sounds very cool! And contemporary. The cool thing about those t's apart from their uniqueness, is you'll probably have random people comment and find closet travis fans :) Are you doing it through one of those t-shirt shops? i want to get a hoodie or something done...

I chucked it (though i might have kept it.. i can't remember) was because i washed it one too many times and the image was going crack-ey. :(

It does sound cool Nikki! Kiwi...did you make yours with the iron-on transfer stuff? I made two shirts last year with that stuff. hmmm, maybe I should make those into some flair.

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 4:32 AM Quote
Sweet Car!

Quote:
I know! It's sickening! I nearly bought tickets to Hamlet, just to get some Doctor type action, until I saw the price tag (over a hundred quid..on ebay!) Four episodes is saddening, and they'll be specials, which are alright but usually TOO action packed for me. Ah well. I've never seen Torchwood... maybe I should watch it, but I'm afraid of becoming addicted to anything else.

Haha awhhhh the farthest I've gone is a doctor who wallpaper...

Aha, but it would cost me air-fair and a hotel room, and I'd have to get a passport...I would love to see Tennant in Hamlet though! That was always one of my favorites (as far as Shakespeare goes.)

Torchwood is a lot different than Doctor Who though, but Captain Jack? How can I resist? Heh. I'm still bitter they just left him on the game station in series one! :( Hehehe! :D

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 4:34 AM Quote
I love makin' my own T-shirts. I haven't made any Travis ones, but I've made a couple Manic Street Preachers ones. I prefer the stencil, and then spray paint method. Regular old spray paint that you buy in the hardware store though, not the fabric paint, I always found it too gloppy. :(

kiwi
kiwi Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 4:41 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
kiwi wrote:
Nikki wrote:
kiwi wrote:
Hellohello.
Ooohhh what's it look like? I just chucked out my old homemade 'Glass Onion' one :(

I was originally going to have it say Travis on the back in their famous font and "the circle only has one side" on the front and make the text in a circle, but I decided on something cooler and more original. It's still gonna say Travis on back, but in front it'll have a pair of headphones and the cord spells out "song to self"...I just finished the design. It looks pretty sweet. I must say ^.^ ..I'll post a picture of it once I actually print out the stencil and paint it on the t-shirt. :)

Oh that sounds very cool! And contemporary. The cool thing about those t's apart from their uniqueness, is you'll probably have random people comment and find closet travis fans :) Are you doing it through one of those t-shirt shops? i want to get a hoodie or something done...

I chucked it (though i might have kept it.. i can't remember) was because i washed it one too many times and the image was going crack-ey. :(

Nope, I was just going to make it myself. It's a greenish/blue long sleeve tee and I have white fabric paint. Hopefully it'll work.

You're definately more creative than me then! Do put up photos!

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 4:49 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:

Nope, I was just going to make it myself. It's a greenish/blue long sleeve tee and I have white fabric paint. Hopefully it'll work.

I know a shirt printer if yinz wanna do a run

kiwi
kiwi Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 4:57 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:
kiwi wrote:
Nikki wrote:
kiwi wrote:
Hellohello.

It does sound cool Nikki! Kiwi...did you make yours with the iron-on transfer stuff? I made two shirts last year with that stuff. hmmm, maybe I should make those into some flair.

Sorry for the delay! I'm crap with threads! My little brother made it for me, using a transfer yeah.
You should!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 5:01 AM Quote
Right, I'm off!
Was nice chatting!
x

Meridith
Meridith Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 5:09 AM Quote
kiwi wrote:
Right, I'm off!
Was nice chatting!
x

night Kiwi! Come back and join us again! :)

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 5:12 AM Quote
Bye for the night, Kiwi. :D

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 5:33 AM Quote
kiwi wrote:
Right, I'm off!
Was nice chatting!
x

Awww, I missed Hannah :D

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 5:33 AM Quote
kiwi wrote:
DAMN this thread is long...

And YES I'm still up Lauren :P

Sorry if I'm not allowed on this thread, I'll go away now.

Up too late!

kiwi
kiwi Posted Thu 31 Jul, 2008 3:40 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
kiwi wrote:
Right, I'm off!
Was nice chatting!
x

Awww, I missed Hannah :D

Don't sound too pleased :P

DAKOTA
DAKOTA Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 2:47 AM Quote
It's seven O'clock West Coast time. Bumpity bump. :D

kiwi
kiwi Posted Fri 01 Aug, 2008 3:18 AM Quote
DAKOTA wrote:
It's seven O'clock West Coast time. Bumpity bump. :D

Good evening/morning!

I'm currently in the tail-end of assignment hell, so I'm kind of here....

Pages Previous 1...77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:27 AM
Thread Locked