Travis

Re: FAO Boardie Biscuit/Cookie Exchange Partiicpants
weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Fri 13 Jun, 2008 12:10 AM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
I got carried away and bought 5 different types of cookies for you

I don't think she'll be complaining. ; )

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Fri 13 Jun, 2008 12:18 AM Quote
where's my san miguel ?

Aletways
Aletways Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 5:47 PM Quote
I've already sent Sandy a pm, but I just wanted to say that her cookies are on the way =o) .

Meridith
Meridith Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 5:56 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Meredith, I am SO sorry I left you off the list! I remember writing you down on my piece of paper but must have thought I had matched you, crossed you off, and not realized it.

I also feel bad because I obviously didn't read your post closely (it was early this morning when I first looked at the thread) or I would have said something sooner.

I hope some triangle can be formed.

I stink.

lol! I just read this....don't even worry Anne...it's not a big deal at all. :)

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
Aletways wrote:
I've already sent Sandy a pm, but I just wanted to say that her cookies are on the way =o) .

Woohoo!! yours too!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 8:28 PM Quote
Juli! FIVE different kinds?! LOL! I'm gonna get so fat. :P

Lucile, so far I bought one type of cookie for you. I'm going out today to find a more fancy cookie. :) So I'll probably send it next week sometime!

Lucile
Lucile Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 8:38 PM Quote
That's perfect Nikki :) Take your time - I've been a bad participant : I've bought the cookies for Juli but I've had a rough, busy week. A good friend told me some disturbing piece of news and I needed time to process what he told me. Juli, I promise I'll send you the cookies next week.

Re: Glass Onion EP - CD
Aletways
Aletways Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 8:46 PM Quote
There is another one on Ebay for you rich people - starting price £150!

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 9:26 PM Quote
My cookies on on their merry way to Spain! I am soooo glad to have those out of the house...the temptation was getting to be too much.

Nikki, if you have too many cookies I'm willing to help you with the surplus. You can't let them go stale, you know.

We tried the 3rd kind of pastry. I liked them, but Rachel said they were "too bready." I think she expected them to be sweeter. Her favorite was the Bimbo brand Sobao. I think she's eaten most of them herself.

This was really fun. In the winter we should do it with candy and candy bars. But Argentina...it would be summer there. Problems, problems.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 10:00 PM Quote
I hope my cookies get to Mexico soon! It's been almost a week.

yulen10
yulen10 Posted Sat 14 Jun, 2008 10:20 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
My cookies on on their merry way to Spain! I am soooo glad to have those out of the house...the temptation was getting to be too much.

Nikki, if you have too many cookies I'm willing to help you with the surplus. You can't let them go stale, you know.

We tried the 3rd kind of pastry. I liked them, but Rachel said they were "too bready." I think she expected them to be sweeter. Her favorite was the Bimbo brand Sobao. I think she's eaten most of them herself.

This was really fun. In the winter we should do it with candy and candy bars. But Argentina...it would be summer there. Problems, problems.

Looking forward to the packet... ñam ñam. :)
I´m happy thinking of a picture of your daughter testing them. Cheers

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 2:20 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
where's my san miguel ?

Start your own exchange dude.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 5:24 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:

Kayte, we could get together and hang out and I'll share my cookies with you. :O)

Re: Glass Onion EP - CD
Aletways
Aletways Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 5:27 AM Quote
Aletways wrote:
There is another one on Ebay for you rich people - starting price £150!

Pffff HAHAHAHHA, that's not what I wrote!

Edit: i found my post, it's in the Glass Onion EP thread in T-chat =oP .

Re: FAO Boardie Biscuit/Cookie Exchange Participants
yulen10
yulen10 Posted Sun 15 Jun, 2008 7:49 AM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
Okay, we opened the package after lunch and tried the Bimbo Sobaos. Of course, the humorousness of a company named Bimbo was completely lost on my 6-year-old daughter.

The Sabaos were a big hit. I'm guessing these are little breakfast cakes? They have a glass of orange juice on the package, that's why I thought breakfast. Nice. Mildly sweet, but not too sweet. The baby took hers and ate it without saying a word. My son didn't try them. My older daughter ate one and said, "Mmmmm delicioso!" (I think she learned that on Dora the Explorer.) Then she asked for another one. I cleaned up the lunch dishes and was sweeping the floor and she came to me and said, "Mommy...can I have one more?" Usually, I would not let her have 3, but it was the last day of school and she had been so excited to receive a package from Spain, I told her she could.

We'll save the others for tomorrow and I'll give another report!

I use "sobaos" for having breakfast. Good "sobaos" must be got in Cantabria (North of Spain), but I wasn´t there... what a pity! Happy weekend!

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 11:20 AM