Re: Crazy things you've heard about yr country
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:25 PM Quote
Joana wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Joana wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Joana wrote:
well...there was a person once who thought that Portugal stays in south america next to Chile!

And no...we don't belong to Spain...at least not yet...

in France we say portuguese women have a mustache and that they're vey hairy (hence the mustache)
stupid i know

ehehe...many of them have!Believe me!lool
well...most of the portuguese people thinks that french people just eat cheese (brie or something) and bechamél!
By the other hand there are a lot of people that support the idea that the french are better lovers and make love all the time!(must be from the cheese!)

we eat cheese a lot - not sure about the lover thing...

don't really fancy frenchmen as they dress like shit - they tend to wear ugly shoes + white sport socks with their suits...

and as far as making a connection between eating cheese and having lots of sex, have a try !

ihih!I don't really like cheese...I hope there is no connection between the two!
Aren't the french the ones that go on vacations with sandals and white socks?(maybe it's the germans...)lol

it's the germans

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:27 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Joana wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Joana wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Joana wrote:
well...there was a person once who thought that Portugal stays in south america next to Chile!

in France we say portuguese women have a mustache and that they're vey hairy (hence the mustache)
stupid i know

well...most of the portuguese people thinks that french people just eat cheese (brie or something) and bechamél!
By the other hand there are a lot of people that support the idea that the french are better lovers and make love all the time!(must be from the cheese!)

don't really fancy frenchmen as they dress like shit - they tend to wear ugly shoes + white sport socks with their suits...

and as far as making a connection between eating cheese and having lots of sex, have a try !

ihih!I don't really like cheese...I hope there is no connection between the two!
Aren't the french the ones that go on vacations with sandals and white socks?(maybe it's the germans...)lol

it's the germans

And the italians but then the socks are made of silk:)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:29 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Joana wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Joana wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Joana wrote:

stupid i know

it's the germans

And the italians but then the socks are made of silk:)

well, they're classy

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:31 PM Quote
as classy as they might be, hairy legs with silk socks and sandals aren't sexy in my book:)

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:31 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
as classy as they might be, hairy legs with silk socks and sandals aren't sexy in my book:)

they're in mine

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:34 PM Quote
Andrew wrote:
Haggis are real and we hunt them.

Scotland's attached to Norway.

Hahahah...I heard the Haggis one! Someone tried to tell me that they were a breed of sheep...grazed on really steep mountains and walked around in circles.

Norway? HUH? Quite a stretch of the imagination!

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:47 PM Quote
I heard that in China, it is compulsory to own a T-shirt saying " I love the PLA", as a mimic of the "I love NY" T-shirts

I don't think that it is true...:s Well at least I don't have anything of that variety

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:48 PM Quote
Tianyan wrote:
I heard that in China, it is compulsory to own a T-shirt saying " I love the PLA", as a mimic of the "I love NY" T-shirts

I don't think that it is true...:s Well at least I don't have anything of that variety

what's PLA ?

Tianyan
Tianyan Posted Tue 10 Jul, 2007 8:52 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
Tianyan wrote:

what's PLA ?

Acronym for People's Liberation Army...emphasis on the Liberation part...*shuts up before any slander slips out of mouth* zip...

Monica
Monica Posted Wed 11 Jul, 2007 12:15 AM Quote
Joana wrote:
Monica wrote:
Joana wrote:
Monica wrote:
Joana wrote:

And no...we still didn't belong to Spain...

Haha, but I read a few months ago that a high percent of Portuguese people want to be part of Spain... I don't know if that's true.
And talking about South America, a lot of people think that Spain is near Mexico. Of course we are not!

ehehe!I guess that some people say that...because your income is better...lol...but believe me that are some people here that would prefer to die than being spanish!But we keep calling each other "nuestros hermanos"...which is nice!lol
Actually there's a joke about this here...some guy says "Spain is not our friend, is our brother!Cause I can choose my friends but not my brothers!"lol
I think this is a love/hate relationship!ehehe

Yeah, more or less. We love you and we hate you. Personally, I think Portuguese people is nice. Probably, if we speak the same language we could be closer, but we don't. The reality is that, for most Spanish, Portugal is unknown; it's there, but we don't care about it.

yeah!half of us spend the holidays in Spain...mainly Benidorn...but the english and the dutch have always better treatment than us!lol
And although the language is not the same...portuguese and spanish have very similarities...we understand spanish very easily!But I never saw a spanish speaking portuguese in my whole life!lol
I like your english accent tho!eheh

Yeah, you're right, we don't speak portuguese. But we can understand you if you speak slowly. In fact, there are a lot of people from Galicia that speak like you, and I promise, I don't understand what they say! :P

Peewee
Peewee Posted Thu 19 Jul, 2007 2:10 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
The craziest thing I've heard about my country is that we have polar bears and reindeer running in the streets, oh and that it's always cold here

OMG that sounds SO fricking cool! Stuff of childhood dreams right there! Wana do a swap? lol

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] All Times BST Current Time 2:20 PM