Re: Travis Boardie Convention
paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:15 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:
ayana wrote:
Esteban wrote:

You're right to an extent I think, but think of how much this would be built up, especially for people travelling thousands of miles, it'd be hyped for weeks and months, and then when the day comes, it could be this weird anti-climax. Not because of the idea itself, but maybe people not mixing well, or people clashing. Just a thought.

Not mixing well ? Well, apart from the languages problems, I don't see why it would be awkward.
Once everyone knows who is who etc I'm sure people would start talking etc without any problem

No-one ever thinks these things will go bad =P

If everyone thought it was going to be bad, then there'd be no point discussing it. The overall opinion so far has been positive, so i'm with that.

And i'm sure people would be able to find people that they could at least converse with, so i don't see how it could be awkward or anything like that

Just looking at all angles, man. Don't shoot me down.

I wasn't shooting you down. I was disagreeing with you and stating my point. Shooting you down would have included the use of bold and/or !s ;)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:17 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
paul_c wrote:

A web link? That's just a little bit too 10 o'clock news! Lol.

Although one in each country could be an idea. There was pretty much one at the Barrowlands a few months ago, so that can count as Scotlands'. And i've already mentioned that there'd only be about 4 people at a Northern Ireland, so hows about a separate UK one, and maybe one for all-Ireland as well?

Discrimination !
I don't want to meet only French peeps ! lol

Yeah, i want to meet other people from different countries as well. An international one might not be feasible, that's all :)

Edel
Edel Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:17 PM Quote
I'll talk to anyone or anything as long as Im in company of a good pint

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:18 PM Quote
hey, what about holding the convention in one of these gorgeous castles the Scots are supposed to have? ;)
you could surprise the YHA and book this one for 100 boardies ;)
(aaahhh it's getting late...)
http://www.carbisdale.org/images/castle(winter)2.jpg

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:18 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:
ayana wrote:
Esteban wrote:

You're right to an extent I think, but think of how much this would be built up, especially for people travelling thousands of miles, it'd be hyped for weeks and months, and then when the day comes, it could be this weird anti-climax. Not because of the idea itself, but maybe people not mixing well, or people clashing. Just a thought.

Not mixing well ? Well, apart from the languages problems, I don't see why it would be awkward.
Once everyone knows who is who etc I'm sure people would start talking etc without any problem

No-one ever thinks these things will go bad =P

If everyone thought it was going to be bad, then there'd be no point discussing it. The overall opinion so far has been positive, so i'm with that.

And i'm sure people would be able to find people that they could at least converse with, so i don't see how it could be awkward or anything like that

Just looking at all angles, man. Don't shoot me down.

I wasn't shooting you down. I was disagreeing with you and stating my point. Shooting you down would have included the use of bold and/or !s ;)

Cool, I really hope it'd be great, but Andrew did make a good point about these things being awkward sometimes, I know I've felt really uncomfortable at a board meet-up before. Hope to God it doesn't happen here!

happy_me
happy_me Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:18 PM Quote
Edel wrote:

I have a habit of huggig objects and or persons while under the influence....

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:19 PM Quote
Edel wrote:

least that'll be something we all agree on

travisturkey
travisturkey Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:20 PM Quote
I'd love to come if that visa thing didn't stand as such a big problem.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:20 PM Quote
Haha yeah, plenty of drink.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:21 PM Quote
happy_me wrote:
Edel wrote:

I have a habit of huggig objects and or persons while under the influence....

Fantastique! :D Lol

Wait! There's going to be drink at this thing!? :oP

Edel
Edel Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:22 PM Quote
Hang On Hang On, cant be Scotland, pubs close to early

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:24 PM Quote
Edel wrote:
Hang On Hang On, cant be Scotland, pubs close to early

RRRIGHT! so everyone has to come to continental Europe.
Spain would be good in terms of late-night-venues ;)

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:26 PM Quote
BARCELONA! =)

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:26 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
BARCELONA! =)

would be fine with me if I get an internship there next year ;)

ayana
ayana Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:27 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:

Cool, I really hope it'd be great, but Andrew did make a good point about these things being awkward sometimes, I know I've felt really uncomfortable at a board meet-up before. Hope to God it doesn't happen here!

I did it once too and the first 20s were absolutely awful. I felt so uncomfortable.
I hadn't even spoke to them before (except to one guy and it was just 2 emails :s).
When we found them nobody said anything during like 10s, staring at each other. All I wanted was to leave them, lol. But once we got introduced by the guy I "knew", it went very well and we finally spend the weekend with them.

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:55 PM