Travis

Re: Bands That Should Break Up
paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 12:35 AM Quote
Quote:

And voices do often get worse as the person ages, listen to Bob Dylan now, his voice is rough as fuck, doesnt mean that he is shite.

STOP PRESS

Dylan had a good voice WHEN???

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 12:36 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Quote:

And voices do often get worse as the person ages, listen to Bob Dylan now, his voice is rough as fuck, doesnt mean that he is shite.

STOP PRESS

Well I'm just saying listen to his voice in the olden days and listen to it NOW. As you get older, voices usually get worse.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 12:43 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
paul_c wrote:
Quote:

STOP PRESS

Well I'm just saying listen to his voice in the olden days and listen to it NOW. As you get older, voices usually get worse.

olden days , like when dinosaurs roamed the earth ? His voice was never great , his songs good up to a point

say what you like about dylan's voice
dee
dee Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 12:45 AM Quote
it'll always make me melt when i hear his stuff from back in the day.

and yes even all those shambolic clips of his live performances on youtube have yet to change my mind that he definately had something different, if not universally loved about his voice.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 12:46 AM Quote
Voices deteriorate. His voice might not have been the best to begin with but at least he could sing a tune, these days he can't even do that.

All I am saying is with age (and drink n drugs and the rest) voices get worse!!

dee
dee Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 12:48 AM Quote
strangely enough some people seem to improve with smoking.

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 12:50 AM Quote
Paul Weller's voice has gotten better as he has got older. But also maybe because he has mellowed out a bit since The Jam days... Oh I won't even get started I will go on fer a while lol

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 1:17 AM Quote
Lemon Grinner wrote:
Voices deteriorate. His voice might not have been the best to begin with but at least he could sing a tune, these days he can't even do that.

All I am saying is with age (and drink n drugs and the rest) voices get worse!!

Rubbish. Fran's voice is sweeter on The Boy than it has been, well, ever! Just listen to Battleships and compare it to the standard of his vocals on 12 Memories. Yeah, it's miles better now than it has ever been.

And if any of you know The Frames, you'll know Glen Hansard's voice on The Cost is better than it was on Another Love Song AND Fitzcarraldo. Exactly!

KevInSweden
KevInSweden Posted Sun 17 Jun, 2007 1:27 AM Quote
Quote:

Rubbish. Fran's voice is sweeter on The Boy than it has been, well, ever! Just listen to Battleships and compare it to the standard of his vocals on 12 Memories. Yeah, it's miles better now than it has ever been.

And if any of you know The Frames, you'll know Glen Hansard's voice on The Cost is better than it was on Another Love Song AND Fitzcarraldo. Exactly!

Not rubbish at all. There is usually a point when voices will worsen due to age or strained vocal cords. Fran isn't at that point yet, some may say he is at his peak. Sometimes the voice matures to a point where it may even be better than it was.

Oh and Dylan had a great voice for the style which he played. I don't think I'd like to hear songs like 'Like a rolling stone' done in a Frank Sinatra style y'know.

Pechan
Pechan Posted Wed 26 Jan, 2011 8:05 PM Quote
Why is there so much hate towards Panic! at the Disco?

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] All Times BST Current Time 6:49 PM