Travis

Re: Could Travis be acused of neglecting their UK fans?
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 12:04 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
We played 25 times in the Uk out of 86 shows over J. Smith. That's a third of all shows. There is no other country we played more or play more. WTF!
We play our balls off every night regardless where we are or who we play for, so kindly fuck off with your moans else I will come round your house and personally administer a wedgey... AYE!

So Fran agrees with us. Basically said what most people've been saying through all these pages. Except for the part of the wedgey, that's new :oP.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 12:21 AM Quote
Those are some wise words provided by Fran... especially the wedgey part ;oP.

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 12:37 AM Quote
25 out of 86 shows. Well, doesn't sound like neglect to me. There's your answer paul. =P

Whether they've generally played less shows on the Ode tour than other tours I don't know, you'd have to get the stats book out. But I hardly think 86 can be moaned at.

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 7:02 AM Quote
So we probably should finish this dicussion. Travis try hard to perform in as many countries as possible: UK, Argentina, Singapore, including my country, etc, etc.

We all love Travis (..including Fran, the number 1 Travis fan! :P) and we have gigs. Regardless of the number of gigs, we still do have! That's the important thing. We don't need to argue on this. :) Let's get the friendly and cheerful atmosphere back. ;)

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 8:09 AM Quote
Fran wrote:
We played 25 times in the Uk out of 86 shows over J. Smith. That's a third of all shows. There is no other country we played more or play more. WTF!
We play our balls off every night regardless where we are or who we play for, so kindly fuck off with your moans else I will come round your house and personally administer a wedgey... AYE!

Hahahhaha

that made my day :)

Qod erat demonstrandum...

;)

...well I'm off to the Gurtenfestival :) bye bye

BenFilbert
BenFilbert Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 10:52 AM Quote
singme0430 wrote:
So we probably should finish this dicussion. Travis try hard to perform in as many countries as possible: UK, Argentina, Singapore, including my country, etc, etc.

We all love Travis (..including Fran, the number 1 Travis fan! :P) and we have gigs. Regardless of the number of gigs, we still do have! That's the important thing. We don't need to argue on this. :) Let's get the friendly and cheerful atmosphere back. ;)

Well said Lee! :) I hope we can. I obviously regret saying the things I said. I do hate myself sometimes. Now being one of those times.

I just hope Fran doesn't hate me now... Sorry Fran! :(

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 11:31 AM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Fran, I love you.

I second that! This case is closed now, I hope :)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 12:20 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:

I obviously regret saying the things I said. I do hate myself sometimes. Now being one of those times.

Don't be hard on yourself. It's hard to dispute Fran's data, however, you had an opinion, which you expressed and defended, based on your perception of the situation.

Meantime, Fran, you too are being hard on yourself. We know you play your balls off for every gig, that was never in question!!!

I'd love to know know how many of the 26 dates mentioned were in or around London. I can only recall 1, last October, which I was unluckily not around for.

And before anyone shoots me down for this, I'm not complaining. Surprised, maybe, but I'm not about to argue Fran's stats! I know there's a zillion other towns and venues that the other 25 gigs could have been played at, but I'd love to have my curiousity satisfied please.

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 12:34 PM Quote

well

http://www.travisonline.com/tourarchive/2008/

why don't you have a look here then?

singme0430
singme0430 Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 1:19 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
singme0430 wrote:

Well said Lee! :) I hope we can. I obviously regret saying the things I said. I do hate myself sometimes. Now being one of those times.

Don't worry Ben. You're quite a big fan of Travis' and Fran's so you just wanted more gigs, right? ;) We all are big fans so we can be kind of childish and selfish sometimes. (I don't mean you were childish or selfish!) And Fran loves his fans, I'm sure. :)

cornflakes
cornflakes Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 2:10 PM Quote
http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/oo194/clarisse21lily/post.jpg

and Lee, you have the good word "end", i totally agree with u miss :-p

Nell
Nell Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 3:10 PM Quote

Hahaha Sarah you reaaaallly like frogs, don't you?

Where do you get these from?

TheBoyWithAName
TheBoyWithAName Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 3:32 PM Quote
Yeah I love that Frog :)

cornflakes
cornflakes Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 4:07 PM Quote
i DO love my frog too Alex.. i'm a frog.. i'm not neutral haha

Nell = i have plenty of my frog :-) well it's not at you 2 that i am learning this no ??? she's everywhere with me... my alter ego haha :-p

frandougeil
frandougeil Posted Fri 17 Jul, 2009 5:44 PM Quote
singme0430 wrote:
BenFilbert wrote:
singme0430 wrote:

Don't worry Ben. You're quite a big fan of Travis' and Fran's so you just wanted more gigs, right? ;) We all are big fans so we can be kind of childish and selfish sometimes. (I don't mean you were childish or selfish!) And Fran loves his fans, I'm sure. :)

I second everything Lee said.When we get some,we want more.
I think sometimes waiting drives us a wee bit crazy.That's coz we're all major Travis fans.But Travis is only 5 (with Claes;) trying to please over thousands,millions of fans worldwide.I'm sure it's never easy for them.But they try their damnedest like Fran mentioned.At the end of it all,I think we should all learn to appreciate and be grateful for all the chances we had:)

Don't worry Ben.Don't hate urself!And of coz we can get the cheery atmosphere here back;)

Pages Previous 1...4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:28 PM