Travis

Re: Michael Phelps
ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 3:42 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
YAS! 4th of the games, 10th of his career! He broke the record!

:O OMG! I forgot to watch!!! Isn't #5 coming up later tonight? Maybe I can catch a replay of #4...*runs to TV*...

Yeah, #5 is later tonight. I'm kind of getting sick of all of the coverage, and it's only day 4. Seriously I know his mom's and sister's names already (Debbie, Hilary & Whitney).

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 3:48 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Nikki wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:
YAS! 4th of the games, 10th of his career! He broke the record!

:O OMG! I forgot to watch!!! Isn't #5 coming up later tonight? Maybe I can catch a replay of #4...*runs to TV*...

Yeah, #5 is later tonight. I'm kind of getting sick of all of the coverage, and it's only day 4. Seriously I know his mom's and sister's names already (Debbie, Hilary & Whitney).

That's why I've been watching most of it on the DVR. I wait 30 minutes to an hour after the coverage starts and ff. I, basically, only want to see the actual events and medal ceremonies.

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 4:29 AM Quote
#11 career. #5 at the games.

YES!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 4:45 AM Quote
Holy crap. We are really awesome. We were sooo far ahead of everyone in that relay! Woohoo! Yay Phelps and Vanderkaay!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 6:12 AM Quote
:(
did you see Canada suck and come in 5th? yup, the story of our olympics.

also, it is 1:14am. why am i not tired? Up for work in a little over 6 hours...it's going to be a rough day

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 6:16 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
I'm kind of getting sick of all of the coverage, and it's only day 4.

for real.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 6:33 AM Quote
goosey_84 wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

for real.

Me too xD.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 1:10 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

for real.

Me too xD.

mwa ha ha! by the end everyone will be tired of him and I will have you all on my dark evil side!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 1:10 PM Quote
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window wrote:
goosey_84 wrote:
ElspethOllie wrote:

for real.

Me too xD.

mwa ha ha! by the end everyone will be tired of him and I will have you all on my dark evil side!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 3:42 PM Quote
The coverage is a bit much but is to be expected. I'm not sick of him trying to do something really incredible.

I'll never come to your dark side Kristy!! Never!! ; )

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 3:49 PM Quote

http://spencerfield.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/sheepdip.jpg

Dubz

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 3:52 PM Quote
I watched an interview last night with the American relay team after they won Gold. I really don't get why some people dislike Phelps. Is it because of what he's accomplished? I don't think he's cocky at all. During the interview, he actually seemed really humbled and just like an excited 23-year-old who was thrilled to be in the situation he was in. I think he's inspiring. He's like a freakin' machine when he swims. He's the best Olympic athlete of all time now. I think that's awesome.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 4:04 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I watched an interview last night with the American relay team after they won Gold. I really don't get why some people dislike Phelps. Is it because of what he's accomplished? I don't think he's cocky at all. During the interview, he actually seemed really humbled and just like an excited 23-year-old who was thrilled to be in the situation he was in. I think he's inspiring. He's like a freakin' machine when he swims. He's the best Olympic athlete of all time now. I think that's awesome.

Yeah, I agree. But, maybe we're a little biased because he's American...nah, we're not!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 4:06 PM Quote
SamuraiSandy wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Yeah, I agree. But, maybe we're a little biased because he's American...nah, we're not!

Sure I'm more excited about it because he's American, but even if he wasn't, I'd still be cheering anyone on who was going to set a new Olympic record...no matter what country they were from.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 13 Aug, 2008 4:09 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:

23 year olds in general tend to come off sounding arrogant whether they want to or not .

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:26 AM