Travis

Re: Travis Boardie Convention
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:02 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
kim2007w wrote:
one option to make it fair would be for everyone who is going, to work out the cost of transport and then all figures added up and divided by number of people, then each person puts the same amount into kitty, which then pays for everyones transport, which makes it more fair for those who live miles away from glasgow

i hope i explained it ok

So you're gonna get someone who lives ten miles down the road to chip in for someone who's coming from 3 time zones away? It's a noble idea. Good luck.

hahzhaaaaaaaaaaaa !

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:03 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
kim2007w wrote:
one option to make it fair would be for everyone who is going, to work out the cost of transport and then all figures added up and divided by number of people, then each person puts the same amount into kitty, which then pays for everyones transport, which makes it more fair for those who live miles away from glasgow

i hope i explained it ok

Ok, I'm coming via Amsterdam and in first class with Air France.
It's ok cause we share the costs right ?

Na seriously, this isn't gonna work.

Paris-Glasgow via New York sounds good to me

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:06 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
ayana wrote:
Esteban wrote:

You're right to an extent I think, but think of how much this would be built up, especially for people travelling thousands of miles, it'd be hyped for weeks and months, and then when the day comes, it could be this weird anti-climax. Not because of the idea itself, but maybe people not mixing well, or people clashing. Just a thought.

Not mixing well ? Well, apart from the languages problems, I don't see why it would be awkward.
Once everyone knows who is who etc I'm sure people would start talking etc without any problem

No-one ever thinks these things will go bad =P

If everyone thought it was going to be bad, then there'd be no point discussing it. The overall opinion so far has been positive, so i'm with that.

And i'm sure people would be able to find people that they could at least converse with, so i don't see how it could be awkward or anything like that

kim2007w
kim2007w Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:07 PM Quote
how about this then - a convention in each country with a web link to each other,

or shall i just give up and shut up

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:09 PM Quote
hmmm...
Was is the Embrace Boardies who had this big "secret gathering", filmed it, and somehow got it on the Embrace Live In Leeds DVD? ;)

ayana
ayana Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:10 PM Quote
kim2007w wrote:
how about this then - a convention in each country with a web link to each other,

what's the point of doing it in each country ? lol

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:11 PM Quote
AbsolutPurple wrote:
ayana wrote:
kim2007w wrote:

i hope i explained it ok

Aaaaah, in this case, I've always wanted to see Canada.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:11 PM Quote
kim2007w wrote:

Yes. That.

;-)

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:12 PM Quote
kim2007w wrote:

A web link? That's just a little bit too 10 o'clock news! Lol.

Although one in each country could be an idea. There was pretty much one at the Barrowlands a few months ago, so that can count as Scotlands'. And i've already mentioned that there'd only be about 4 people at a Northern Ireland, so hows about a separate UK one, and maybe one for all-Ireland as well?

Esteban
Esteban Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:12 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Esteban wrote:
ayana wrote:
Esteban wrote:

You're right to an extent I think, but think of how much this would be built up, especially for people travelling thousands of miles, it'd be hyped for weeks and months, and then when the day comes, it could be this weird anti-climax. Not because of the idea itself, but maybe people not mixing well, or people clashing. Just a thought.

Not mixing well ? Well, apart from the languages problems, I don't see why it would be awkward.
Once everyone knows who is who etc I'm sure people would start talking etc without any problem

No-one ever thinks these things will go bad =P

If everyone thought it was going to be bad, then there'd be no point discussing it. The overall opinion so far has been positive, so i'm with that.

And i'm sure people would be able to find people that they could at least converse with, so i don't see how it could be awkward or anything like that

Just looking at all angles, man. Don't shoot me down.

ayana
ayana Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:13 PM Quote
lilly wrote:

I'd love to see the faces of the glaswegian people when we'll tell them they have to pay 500€ for our trips over the world :p

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:13 PM Quote
ayana wrote:
lilly wrote:

I'd love to see the faces of the glaswegian people when we'll tell them they have to pay 500€ for our trips over the world :p

Me too! ;p

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:13 PM Quote
lilly wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
ayana wrote:
kim2007w wrote:

i hope i explained it ok

Canada's too easy to get to. Hows about Antarctica? It'd be just like Glasgow, but with less Neds

lilly
lilly Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:14 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:
lilly wrote:
AbsolutPurple wrote:
ayana wrote:
kim2007w wrote:

i hope i explained it ok

Canada's too easy to get to. Hows about Antarctica? It'd be just like Glasgow, but with less Neds

No, really, I don't want to be greedy, Canada is just enough.

ayana
ayana Posted Sat 07 Jul, 2007 11:14 PM Quote
paul_c wrote:

A web link? That's just a little bit too 10 o'clock news! Lol.

Although one in each country could be an idea. There was pretty much one at the Barrowlands a few months ago, so that can count as Scotlands'. And i've already mentioned that there'd only be about 4 people at a Northern Ireland, so hows about a separate UK one, and maybe one for all-Ireland as well?

Discrimination !
I don't want to meet only French peeps ! lol

Pages Previous 1...3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:51 PM