Travis

Re: Juli's Photoshop Corner (?)
AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Sun 16 Mar, 2008 8:30 PM Quote
Thanks Juli and everyone for sugestions and funny comments !
I'm laughing out loud in front of the compy.

galletitabonita
galletitabonita Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 4:16 AM Quote
Aída wrote:
omg, Mrs. Hewson, nice to meet you! ^^ =P

Nice to meet you too Aída =)

Monica wrote:
Ilse, Bono is mine!!!!!!!

XD XD XD

Yes Moni, he's yours
He was mine only in the past...
Now I'm Ilse Payne

=)

yulen10 wrote:
lol. I suppose you won´t have problems to be able to arrive to the end of the month.. :-)

Not at all hahahaha

Aída
Aída Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 12:09 PM Quote

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 1:58 PM Quote
varz wrote:

fun in rome?!

Hey Mhari!

Had a cracker in Rome like! Managed to visit the Colloseum, Vatican City and the Sistine Chapel and the Spanish Steps, as well as do an Open Top Bus Tour of the city. Plus going to the match. Bit gutted we lost the match in the last minute, but it didn't take much away from the weekend.

Will put some photos up on Facebook when I get in after work.

Highlight of the weekend for me was the Italian fans, they were brilliant. Really really friendly. Forza Italia! So many of them over the weekend stopped to talk to us about the game, or how we were enjoying Rome, or anything really. An awful lot of them left with their photo taken with me. I think it's because I was wearing my awesome glengarry hat/pheasant feathers combo & kilt. Very passionate fans as well.

Best laugh of the weekend was when I was getting on the metro, I was in front of an old nun, who's metro ticket wasn't swiping correctly. So I swiped mine and got us both through the ticket barrier. She was grateful, even though I was technically breaking the law for her. If that wasn't bizarre enough, I was then given a lecture by a priest for what I'd done. Only in Rome.

Found Rome to be a bit, well, not what I'd expected. I guess I had this almost utopian idea of what Rome would be like. The architecture was amazing, and when I stepped into St Peters Square, I don't think I've ever been blown away quite like it. But in between all the amazing sights it felt dirty, and run down. And so very busy, the volume of traffic was insane.

Really glad I went though, and had an absolutel blast :o)

varz
varz Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 2:03 PM Quote
Wow, sounds like Rome was awesome! Will be checking out your facebook pics sometime soon! Almost tempted to try and slightly re-route my backpacking this summer and head there.

Even though we lost the rugby, at least you saw Scotland score TRIES! Wow! Thats a very very rare occurance!

Loving your nun story, although I hope you understand you are probably now going to hell from breaking the law + getting into trouble with a priest! Did you go see the pope?!

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 2:08 PM Quote
haha, yeah both Blair & Hogg's try were directly underneath where myself & my dad were sitting!! We thought we'd see a rare away vitory after that, but wasn't to be. When we were in Paris 3 years ago, Ally Hogg scored that infamous try that wasn't directly beneath us as well. He was wrongly adjudged to have his foot in touch, and it went on to cost us the match. So we though we were finally getting reompence for that but nope! It wasn't to be. Still, there was a very pragmatic Italian fan I was talking to after, who said we (Scotland) had won the game that mattered msot - the one that knocked them out of the world cup and he had a point. They were very genial in victory, and deserved it in the end as well.

Where you off backpacking to this summer? Are you inter railing it?

varz
varz Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 2:12 PM Quote
Yep, inter-railing... I don't particularly like trains or hostels all that much so its going to be an interesting few weeks, especially for my friends!!

We're starting in Paris, then Lyon, Interlaken, Milan, Venice, Ljubljana, Budapest, Krakow, Prague, Frankfurt + Milan... Its a proper adventure!

I remember that rugby match, it still annoys me to this day!!!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 2:14 PM Quote
varz wrote:

We're starting in Paris, then Lyon, Interlaken, Milan, Venice, Ljubljana, Budapest, Krakow, Prague, Frankfurt + Milan... Its a proper adventure!

Krakow?! Ohhh, we should meet there!

varz
varz Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 2:16 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
varz wrote:

We could!! Seeing as I'm meant to be planning what we're doing there and so far I have zero planned!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 2:30 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
varz wrote:

We could!! Seeing as I'm meant to be planning what we're doing there and so far I have zero planned!

That would be great! I can find a really cool guide for you if you want, my family and lots of friends live there.

varz
varz Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 5:56 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:

That would be great! I can find a really cool guide for you if you want, my family and lots of friends live there.

Awww nice! That'd be ace! :) Legend!

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 6:43 PM Quote
varz wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

Cool! When exactly do you plan to come here?

Moray
Moray Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 6:52 PM Quote
photo's up on facebook fae the weekend!

varz
varz Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 7:06 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
varz wrote:
megg_inc wrote:

Cool! When exactly do you plan to come here?

Late May or early June I think!!! Just there for 2 nights though.

varz
varz Posted Mon 17 Mar, 2008 7:06 PM Quote
MoraySwan wrote:
photo's up on facebook fae the weekend!

Away for a wee nosy now!

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 5:31 AM