Travis

Re: Bands That Should Break Up
Dutchgirl
Dutchgirl Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 10:49 AM Quote
Darran wrote:
I can take or leave Razorshite.

They just need fed a decent meal.

yes thats right, yhey just must eat a big burger are something buth the music is goood

ayana
ayana Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 10:54 AM Quote
Andrew wrote:
That was 7 years ago though.

I'm not saying Oasis have always been shit, just that I think it's time to perhaps retire gracefully (first thing they'll have ever done that way) rather than hang on for dear life as the quality goes downhill as has happened with a lot of bands

Totally agree on this. We don't need another band like the Rolling Stones. They should realise that they're getting old and maybe the best way to stop the damages is to split.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 10:56 AM Quote

Why should ANY band break up???

How about if you don't like it.. don't fuckin' listen to it !!

I find this to be an arrogant thread who the fuck are we to decide who should break up and who shouldn't ?

Darran
Darran Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 11:00 AM Quote
These days its a great tool for promotion.

Spilt up wait 5 years or so and then reform.

I mean even Dodgy have reformed this week ffs.

The old record label that pissed on you and throw you out to rot then then bring out a "best off" as they hold the rights to your music and make money out of you with the new fans whilst you don't see a penny.

Record labels are cocks.

harry potter
harry potter Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 11:22 AM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

I find this to be an arrogant thread who the fuck are we to decide who should break up and who shouldn't ?

dude it's just a conversation, something to pass the time s'all, get folks talking on here, and it seems to be working. calm the clams yeah.

elfy
elfy Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 12:01 PM Quote
Travis Rocker wrote:
yup i agree ive never thought oasis have done anything for music really and there certainly not a great rock band

You're having a giraffe. Never done anything for music? Go and listen to Definitely Maybe and then write 100 times, "I must not make ridiculous statements about the greatest band of their generation."

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 12:06 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

dude it's just a conversation, something to pass the time s'all, get folks talking on here, and it seems to be working. calm the clams yeah.

Yeah on reflection that was a bit strong,

what I meant was... instead of sitting there just bitchin' about Oasis and Razorlight, how about we actually support the bands we like, rather than concentrating on the ones we don't.

It's said the Public get what the Public want, so everyone must accept at least some responsobility for Oasis and Razorlight.

harry potter
harry potter Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 12:29 PM Quote
elfy wrote:
Travis Rocker wrote:
yup i agree ive never thought oasis have done anything for music really and there certainly not a great rock band

You're having a giraffe. Never done anything for music? Go and listen to Definitely Maybe and then write 100 times, "I must not make ridiculous statements about the greatest band of their generation."

here, here. just because oasis are at the end of the road shouldn't negate the amazing stuff they did back in the day.

all i want is a Noel Solo is that ever going to fucking happen? seriously.

elfy
elfy Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 1:33 PM Quote
harry potter wrote:
here, here. just because oasis are at the end of the road shouldn't negate the amazing stuff they did back in the day.

all i want is a Noel Solo is that ever going to fucking happen? seriously.

To be honest, if Liam could still sing live then I'd have no problem with them carrying on. He does sound fucking terrible now though which is a shame cause I still think they have the tunes. Don't Believe The Truth was a good album, a fucking great album by any other band's standards.

Noel solo? Maybe, but he's always said he didn't want to be the one up front singing with Oasis so would he want to do it on his own? Time will tell. Seeing as you're such a fan of him though, here's him doing a cover of To Be Someone by The Jam. It's fecking quality!

http://www.savefile.com/files/814355

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 2:00 PM Quote
Dutchgirl wrote:
Helena wrote:
why razorlight??

i love razorlight!!!

yes indeed, why razorlight, i think they are very good :-) i seem them live and it really was good

They give me pains whenever I see em live, which isn't by choice, they were at 3 festivals I was at. And no it werent the food giving me pains, it was definately Razorshite =(

paul_c
paul_c Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 2:14 PM Quote
Darran wrote:
These days its a great tool for promotion.

Spilt up wait 5 years or so and then reform.

I mean even Dodgy have reformed this week ffs.

The old record label that pissed on you and throw you out to rot then then bring out a "best off" as they hold the rights to your music and make money out of you with the new fans whilst you don't see a penny.

Record labels are cocks.

Dodgy have reformed??? AMAZING! :D

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 2:35 PM Quote
Yeah, they're touring too mate!

Earwig
Earwig Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 2:44 PM Quote
The Rolling Stones. Uhh. They should have called it a day 30 years ago.

emmahealy
emmahealy Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 5:48 PM Quote
threeamigos wrote:
Girls Aloud
Take That
West Life
My Chemical Romance

first three are not bands... so dont count.. their just a bunch of gobshites.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Sat 16 Jun, 2007 9:33 PM Quote
Agree with My Chemical Romance & Fall Out Boy...can't stand 'em.

But I have to say that I like a lot of these other bands that are being brought up! Like...Oasis, Coldplay, The Police...

Pages Previous 1...2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 2:29 PM