Travis

Re: C'mon Democrats !
megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 6:19 PM Quote
haz wrote:

The fact that the United States of America, which is supposedly the beacon of democracy to the rest of the world, has never in its history had a female president is, in my opinion, a big deal. But that's neither here nor there. Currently we have the opportunity to elect the BEST person for the job, the most EXPERIENCED person for the job who just happens to be a woman. My issue is with the gender versus ethnic chin stroking. Clinton is the best PERSON for this position (again in my opinion) and given the sexism that still exists in this country a byproduct of electing the best person would also show the rest of the world that the US has pulled itself into the 21st century and by extension allow bridges to be rebuilt post 9-11.

Oh I see so since I don't have a vagina I can't have an opinion on this subject. noted.

Have you even read my post? What I've said was MY opinion and I made it clear that Obama is the best candidate FOR ME.

I can see no difference between lack of female President and lack of not white President in US history.

Oh dear. Of course you can have an opnion!! What I meant is you wanted Moray to apologize when I (personally) was not offended at all. AND I said 'thank you', because I know you had the best intentions.

haz
haz Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 6:21 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
haz wrote:

The fact that the United States of America, which is supposedly the beacon of democracy to the rest of the world, has never in its history had a female president is, in my opinion, a big deal. But that's neither here nor there. Currently we have the opportunity to elect the BEST person for the job, the most EXPERIENCED person for the job who just happens to be a woman. My issue is with the gender versus ethnic chin stroking. Clinton is the best PERSON for this position (again in my opinion) and given the sexism that still exists in this country a byproduct of electing the best person would also show the rest of the world that the US has pulled itself into the 21st century and by extension allow bridges to be rebuilt post 9-11.

Oh I see so since I don't have a vagina I can't have an opinion on this subject. noted.

Have you even read my post? What I've said was MY opinion and I made it clear that Obama is the best candidate FOR ME.

I can see no difference between lack of female President and lack of not white President in US history.

Oh dear. Of course you can have an opnion!! What I meant is you wanted Moray to apologize when I (personally) was not offended at all. AND I said 'thank you', because I know you had the best intentions.

the best intentions i see. so, like, is this what being completely patronized feels like? think so.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 6:24 PM Quote
haz wrote:

the best intentions i see. so, like, is this what being completely patronized feels like? think so.

Now you feel offended 'cause I've said 'thank you'? Maybe I'm slow today, but I don't get it.

*back to my History of the MIddle East classes*

haz
haz Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 6:34 PM Quote
megg_inc wrote:
haz wrote:

Now you feel offended 'cause I've said 'thank you'? Maybe I'm slow today, but I don't get it.

*back to my History of the MIddle East classes*

sweet jesus this is pointless.

*sighs*

now i remember one of the main reasons for trying to keep away from this place.

pablob
pablob Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 6:46 PM Quote
Too bad. This discussion could had been very interesting.

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 9:24 PM Quote
So...someone convince me (the undecided, independent voter)who I should vote for.

Personally, I've never really like Hillary and still don't understand where she is on the issues....but that's not surprising for me as I like things to play out a little closer to the election before I decide.

Personally, I tend to lean towards a figure that has had success in their personal life...in a business sense...lifetime politicians/lawyers like Clintons just don't do it for me...I don't trust them.

Although I'm still trying to figure out how the Hell Bush got elected....

AbsolutPurple
AbsolutPurple Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 9:26 PM Quote
sorry angel wrote:
MoraySwan wrote:
Since Emeline Pankhurst set an unprecidented example back in 191whatever, I think womens lib has been doing ok the world over.

I think a black American President would have much more cultural significance than a women. Especially since the UK has been there and done that.

Plus I think Obama is the stronger candidate.

This is either totally unintentionnal or totally sexist or totally ironic...?

MORONIC

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 9:29 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:

That's one of the greatest mysteries in the history.
But how he got elected twice??!

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 9:41 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:
So...someone convince me (the undecided, independent voter)who I should vote for.

Personally, I've never really like Hillary and still don't understand where she is on the issues....but that's not surprising for me as I like things to play out a little closer to the election before I decide.

Personally, I tend to lean towards a figure that has had success in their personal life...in a business sense...lifetime politicians/lawyers like Clintons just don't do it for me...I don't trust them.

Yeah. I'm still trying to figure that one out too Moz.

I honestly feel that both Clinton and Obama would do an excellent job, however I'm rooting for Hillary. Beyond the fact that I think it's time for a female US president, she's smart, a strong leader and has more experience. I'd say that she HAS been pretty darn successful in her personal life. She's the first female candidate for a US presidential election for crying out loud. I'm not sure if by personal life you're referring to the state of her marriage to Bill Clinton during his presidency, but I don't think that really has anything to do with HER ability to lead the country NOW.

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 9:49 PM Quote
Honestly, I just get so frustrated with the fact that we truly live in one of the most incredible countries in the world and yet we seem to waste so much time and money on stupid crap when we could be solving so many problems.

Just sick of the government "pork"....we need to clean house...

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 9:50 PM Quote

Hmmm,

Judging by this thread I have come to the conclusion...

If you support A-Bam-ma you're sexist
and if you support Cunton you're racist.

if past politics is anything to go by... do you really think any of these fuckin', cheating, lying scumbag excuses for humanity are gonna make a single iota of difference.

They are all wolves in Sheep's clothing and come lambing season the wolves will show through.

Dubz

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 9:50 PM Quote
I like Obama better, he seems more progressive than Clinton. Hilary voted in favour of the invasion of Iraq.
But who the hell cares what I think anyway, I'm from Argentina xD.
We have a new female president, btw. I didn't vote for her though, she's the ex president's wife (she's smarter than him, I think she'll do a good job).

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 10:07 PM Quote
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

if past politics is anything to go by... do you really think any of these fuckin', cheating, lying scumbag excuses for humanity are gonna make a single iota of difference.

Um, yeah. It DOES make a difference who you choose to vote for or if you choose to vote at all. Just as Moz was saying, he's still trying to figure out how Bush got elected...twice! Well...obviously the majority of Americans were ill-informed about what a scumbag he turned out to be. He started a war and thousands of people are dead. I think that matters. So it does make a difference. Just my opinion.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 10:17 PM Quote
mozman68 wrote:

Well bush got elected the first time because some people in Florida voted Nader . 2nd time cause some screwball west coast mayor tried to appease a small but powerful group in his city and the Rebulicans ran it to the Christain conservatives who showed up to vote . I voted indie in 80 and Reagan won . Reality is we're still a two party system. Trying to vote whats right is gonna cost .

but again it's so early to decide outside of fuck it i'm voting Democrat

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Wed 09 Jan, 2008 10:28 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:

Um, yeah. It DOES make a difference who you choose to vote for or if you choose to vote at all. Just as Moz was saying, he's still trying to figure out how Bush got elected...twice! Well...obviously the majority of Americans were ill-informed about what a scumbag he turned out to be. He started a war and thousands of people are dead. I think that matters. So it does make a difference. Just my opinion.

Please don't shout at me!!
So that's democracy? Either people were ill informed, who's fault is that? or They didn't give a shit and still voted the fucker in. I don't think it's as clean cut as Bush started the war. Do you honestly think if another president had been in charge of the world's largest superpower he/she/it would have sat back and done nothing after 9/11, also do you honetly think he said to himself "hmm fuck it, I'm going to war" without advice from his cabinet/backroom/advisors/congress or whomever. II personally think Bush is a complete fuckwit but I don't believe any of the other candidates are any fucking better!!

Dubz

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 10:02 AM