Travis

Re: anybody else know about aspergers?
Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 9:52 PM Quote
Travis Rocker wrote:
Hanne wrote:
Travis Rocker wrote:
yeah im okay over the phone, talking online n stuff its mainly face to face chat that i find difficult but it is getting better. my main convo prob is face to face with girls!!

Yeah well I think this is the case for most men lol

I'm usually not that shy, but I've got a problem talking to men that I find attractive without feeling like a stuttering idiot.

I know that Asperger's doesn't exactly help but believe me, this situation is quite normal for many people :o)

maybe ur right lol, speaking to guys is fine no problems but girls i find difficult sumtimes espically sumbody i find attractive

Gladly (the cross-eyed bear)
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 9:56 PM Quote
i was inspired by yours.

Hanne
Hanne Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 9:58 PM Quote
Gladly (the cross-eyed bear) wrote:
i was inspired by yours.

Now I am certainly intrigued. I shall look forward to seeing it...

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Thu 31 May, 2007 10:19 PM Quote
Hanne wrote:
Travis Rocker wrote:
Hanne wrote:
Travis Rocker wrote:
yeah im okay over the phone, talking online n stuff its mainly face to face chat that i find difficult but it is getting better. my main convo prob is face to face with girls!!

Yeah well I think this is the case for most men lol

I'm usually not that shy, but I've got a problem talking to men that I find attractive without feeling like a stuttering idiot.

I know that Asperger's doesn't exactly help but believe me, this situation is quite normal for many people :o)

maybe ur right lol, speaking to guys is fine no problems but girls i find difficult sumtimes espically sumbody i find attractive

yup i turn into a stuuttering idiot too n then it puts them off

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 8:12 AM Quote
the main thing is i know what needs to be done to have a normal life

Sanne (nl)
Sanne (nl) Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 8:18 AM Quote
Travis Rocker wrote:

you've made the start to a pretty impressive tread here. Had me up thinkin last night:)

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 7:06 PM Quote
Travis Rocker wrote:

You do? Please share.

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:01 PM Quote
Sanne (nl) wrote:
Travis Rocker wrote:

you've made the start to a pretty impressive thread here. Had me up thinkin last night:)

yes sticking to the diet will help me it may be tough not being able to eat certain foods but im giving it a go, i also find taking daily omega 3 tablets help me alot too

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:02 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Travis Rocker wrote:

You do? Please share.

try the diet give it a go i garantee you it will help, it mite be tough giving up certain foods but in the end you will be so glad you did try it

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:05 PM Quote
Travis Rocker wrote:

try the diet give it a go i garantee you it will help, it mite be tough giving up certain foods but in the end you will be so glad you did try it

I try and stay away from E-numbers and the like, and eat plenty of fruit and veg.

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:09 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Travis Rocker wrote:

I try and stay away from E-numbers and the like, and eat plenty of fruit and veg.

yup thats fine but also eating no wheat, gluten, even alcohol is bad and even milk, i drink soya milk myself and i have daily high strength omega 3 tablets, which helps keep my concentration levels up for longer. im going to get full details of the diet the i will post it on this board if you like

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:11 PM Quote
Travis Rocker wrote:

yup thats fine but also eating no wheat, gluten, even alcohol is bad and even milk, i drink soya milk myself and i have daily high strength omega 3 tablets, which helps keep my concentration levels up for longer. im going to get full details of the diet the i will post it on this board if you like

I can go live without alcohol, but cutting out wheat and gluten would be hellish :s

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:18 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Travis Rocker wrote:

I can go live without alcohol, but cutting out wheat and gluten would be hellish :s

well cutting out wheat n gluten actually helps a great deal it is proven that gluten is not good for anyone to eat. for me cutting out wheat and gluten is not so bad i can get wheat free pasta, bread, cakes they may not taste so nice but food is not the most important thing in my life, if cutting out certain foods means i could have a normal life get married have a family n have a job and be able to hold it down then so be it id rather that than eating food that could do my aspergers more harm than good in the long run

Sunny
Sunny Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:22 PM Quote
Travis Rocker wrote:

well cutting out wheat n gluten actually helps a great deal it is proven that gluten is not good for anyone to eat. for me cutting out wheat and gluten is not so bad i can get wheat free pasta, bread, cakes they may not taste so nice but food is not the most important thing in my life, if cutting out certain foods means i could have a normal life get married have a family n have a job and be able to hold it down then so be it id rather that than eating food that could do my aspergers more harm than good in the long run

Sadly, food is a big part of my life as I struggle to maintain a constant weight. I'm classed as being underweight and really need to eat foods which are considered unhealthy so that I don't waste away. Although I mix the unhealthy stuff with a lot of the good stuff, I can't afford to cut out the carbs like pasta and bread, and even switching to gluten free foods could do me more harm than good :s

Travis Rocker
Travis Rocker Posted Fri 01 Jun, 2007 10:40 PM Quote
Sunny wrote:
Travis Rocker wrote:

Sadly, food is a big part of my life as I struggle to maintain a constant weight. I'm classed as being underweight and really need to eat foods which are considered unhealthy so that I don't waste away. Although I mix the unhealthy stuff with a lot of the good stuff, I can't afford to cut out the carbs like pasta and bread, and even switching to gluten free foods could do me more harm than good :s

well i actually need to lose weight myself, ive known plenty of guys with aspergers ova the years all who have a weight problem, mainly due to comfort eating and being addicted to certain foods i know that only too well and ive thankfully found ways with my familys help to cut them out

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 Next All Times BST Current Time 7:54 PM