Travis

Re: Seattle Show
carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 1:40 AM Quote
Here's a little factoid about the moore that I found interesting...

Being that I'm nearing thirty, in my early high school years I was very much into the "grunge" thing. So as I was looking a pics of the interior of the theater, it looked very familiar. After some searching I found that the reason it was familiar was because the Pearl Jam video for "Evenflow" was filmed there. So yea, a little info.

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 1:43 AM Quote
wasn't it also the venue for Nirvana's homecoming right when they "HIT IT BIG " ?

Fastbacks were HELLA Ruling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkQjNf1NXOA

plus Mudhoney , young Fresh fellows , minus5 , melvins etc.....

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 1:50 AM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
wasn't it also the venue for Nirvana's homecoming right when they "HIT IT BIG " ?

That's more research for me :) I thought I was just going to an ordinary venue, not a historical marker ;)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 1:55 AM Quote
carlottarocks wrote:
ricv64 wrote:

That's more research for me :) I thought I was just going to an ordinary venue, not a historical marker ;)

trying to psych up SEATTLE

RAWK !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kd4Jjcw9xeM

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 2:18 AM Quote
Loove that song!

Apparently the Moore is also haunted
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3A28wN0cto
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofAaG11cPEs

Spoooooky

Ok so after I actually watched that whole bit, not haunted ;)

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 3:11 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
HALLELUJAH!

Attention boardies attending the Seattle show, I just received this email!

Hello and thank you for your inquiry. If you feel confident that Travis allows cameras, then you are welcome to bring yours at your own risk. It is advisabe that you bring it in a small purse as backpacks are not normally allowed during concerts. Information has not yet been provided to the theatre by the promoter or performer(s) and cameras, etc. is at their sole discretion.

Enjoy the show!
Seattle Theatre Group

YES!

I was not excited about the whole duct-tape-the-camera-to-my-body thing.

Ooh, that's awesome! I'm going to have to email or call Hard Rock to see if they let cameras in that venue or not. Lauren- What did you say in your email?

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 3:18 AM Quote
Meridith wrote:

Ooh, that's awesome! I'm going to have to email or call Hard Rock to see if they let cameras in that venue or not. Lauren- What did you say in your email?

this was the email I sent last night:

Hello,

I will be in attendance at the Travis and Maximo Park concert his Saturday. I read in your FAQs that the use of cameras, video and photography, were strictly prohibited at all performances. I was wondering if this is a rule strictly held by The Moore, or if it is at the request of the performers, because I have attended many Travis concerts and I know for a fact that the band encourages their fans to photograph and record their shows.

Looking forward to Saturday,
Lauren Oliver

I kind of bent the truth there. I've only attended one Travis show, but I've been to several in spirit.

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 4:09 AM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Meridith wrote:

this was the email I sent last night:

Hello,

I will be in attendance at the Travis and Maximo Park concert his Saturday. I read in your FAQs that the use of cameras, video and photography, were strictly prohibited at all performances. I was wondering if this is a rule strictly held by The Moore, or if it is at the request of the performers, because I have attended many Travis concerts and I know for a fact that the band encourages their fans to photograph and record their shows.

Looking forward to Saturday,
Lauren Oliver

I kind of bent the truth there. I've only attended one Travis show, but I've been to several in spirit.

Thanks! So glad you don't have to duck tape. :)

mozman68
mozman68 Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 6:12 AM Quote
3 Days, 21 hours, 49 minutes, 33 seconds

Kickin' it in San Fran right now...off to NYC tomorrow for a couple of days and then on to Seattle Saturday morning.....I guess I should pray for no flight problems????

Dreamt about the concert last night.....I must be getting excited....

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 4:27 PM Quote
Leaving my house right now to go to the airport. Next time we'll talk I'll be in or Seattle, or maybe I'll get some internet in Denver

Meridith
Meridith Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 4:34 PM Quote
ElspethOllie wrote:
Leaving my house right now to go to the airport. Next time we'll talk I'll be in or Seattle, or maybe I'll get some internet in Denver

Have a fabulous time Lauren...I know you will!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 6:45 PM Quote
I had forgot what a complete bitch airport security was.
Bah.

SamuraiSandy
SamuraiSandy Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 7:57 PM Quote
Woohooo!!! I'm so excited! I'm looking forward to meeting some of you boardies too! how fun! We should get a pic together!

carlottarocks
carlottarocks Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 8:10 PM Quote
For all of you coming to Seattle, it's friggin cold! It may not be to some of you, but being from TX, 45 degrees is friggin cold!

ElspethOllie
ElspethOllie Posted Wed 14 Nov, 2007 9:45 PM Quote
Hello! I'm at Denver International Airport on layover. It's going to be about 2 1/2 hours... hooray for free WiFi!

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:27 AM