Travis

Re: Forum Moderator
Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 12:24 AM Quote
Whilst there might be occasional advantages in having a mod around, I don't personally think we need one. Yes, you get the odd silly posts around here, but that's to be expected. We've not had anybody with deliberate aim to cause anger and upset, or spammers etc on the Travis Messageboard in ages. It just comes down to people being a bit tactless in what they write, without meaning to cause any controversy. What I find disappointing is how boardies are now jumping at the chance to attack and refusing to hear apology. Says a lot for Travis boardies...

People are just being too sensitive the way I see it. If you read something you don't like then say, but just don't blow a fuse unnecessarily. It doesn't help anyone.

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 12:28 AM Quote
Typing to Reach You wrote:
Whilst there might be occasional advantages in having a mod around, I don't personally think we need one. Yes, you get the odd silly posts around here, but that's to be expected. We've not had anybody with deliberate aim to cause anger and upset, or spammers etc on the Travis Messageboard in ages. It just comes down to people being a bit tactless in what they write, without meaning to cause any controversy. What I find disappointing is how boardies are now jumping at the chance to attack and refusing to hear apology. Says a lot for Travis boardies...

People are just being too sensitive the way I see it. If you read something you don't like then say, but just don't blow a fuse unnecessarily. It doesn't help anyone.

When has the board refused apology?

isma
isma Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 12:30 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:

No fight Please! I'm tired !!!! HAHAHAHA :-P

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 12:31 AM Quote
isma wrote:
Esteban wrote:

No fight Please! I'm tired !!!! HAHAHAHA :-P

I'm not cruising for a row, just think I obviously missed something somewhere.

nats
nats Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 12:34 AM Quote

you are right... anyways, most of the time people get offended and then just forget and move on, and i don´t believe anyone has intentionally attacked anyone. ´

edit: thats what I want to believe

Typing to Reach You
Typing to Reach You Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 12:39 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:

Hmm, well maybe apology isn't quite the right word. xP But the person who came up with the hair thing for example offered an...explanation? I dunno. Scrap that apology bit if you want, lol. But I stand by everything else. =P

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 12:45 AM Quote
emmahealy wrote:
Scottish Dubliner wrote:
Look if you really want me to do it then I will but I have to have barring powers...

Bwahahahaha Power, power, POWER....

maybe I'm not that great a choice after all, I'd just come home drunk on whiskey one night and barr the lot of you, then spend the next two days apologizing, hehehe

Dubz
nemo me impune lacessit

it WAS you I had in mind!.. and Audrey or Nikki for the U.S.

Wha? Who? Me?! ...Thanks, I guess, LOL! Although I don't know how good of a referee I would make in here. I do like both G-Chat and T-Chat though...and the way I see it, I know you all miss the old board but instead of going on about it why don't you just try to make this one the best it can possibly be?! :) Lets face it, this IS the Travis board now so enjoy it and learn to love it and make new friends! Personally, I like the new layout better...as far as the people...I just try my best to ignore the weirdos. :D

nats
nats Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 12:49 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:

Hmm, well maybe apology isn't quite the right word. xP But the person who came up with the hair thing for example offered an...explanation? I dunno. Scrap that apology bit if you want, lol. But I stand by everything else. =P

i think i know what you meant on the apology bit...

btw you would be a good moderator ;P

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 12:57 AM Quote
I'd be a shit moderator, I'm too open with my thoughts.

nats
nats Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 1:18 AM Quote
Esteban wrote:
I'd be a shit moderator, I'm too open with my thoughts.

haha, i´d be a bad moderator too, i don´t have the skills or the diplomacy
and the language is a problem too.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 1:22 AM Quote
Ursina wrote:
bringing this back to the moderator question

nah, we don't need one, never had one and I can't see why we would need one now. This is not school here.

If things get too much out of hand, it's up to the TWT to sort it.

sina:)

And from what i've seen since the 'new board' came about, the TWT have been a lot more active. I've seen a few threads been locked, and they've also intervened when things have gotten out of hand, as well as answer peoples requests. So i don't think we really need a moderator. I'm on the 'if you don't like it, ignore it' thing, and i think the TWT are doing a good enough job as it is

nats
nats Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 1:30 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Ursina wrote:

nah, we don't need one, never had one and I can't see why we would need one now. This is not school here.

And from what i've seen since the 'new board' came about, the TWT have been a lot more active. I've seen a few threads been locked, and they've also intervened when things have gotten out of hand, as well as answer peoples requests. So i don't think we really need a moderator. I'm on the 'if you don't like it, ignore it' thing, and i think the TWT are doing a good enough job as it is

ive noticed that the other day, they are making a good job.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 1:32 AM Quote
paul_c wrote:
Ursina wrote:

I agree with ya Paul! TWT have been a lot better on the new board at answering people's questions and also I know for a fact that posts have been deleted upon request from the band.

paul_c
paul_c Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 1:33 AM Quote
Yeah- they've chipped in on a few threads i'd posted on that turned nasty. Perhaps it's my blindness that i can't find them again, but it could be down to what you say Nikki

TWT are doing a grand job anyway

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 29 Aug, 2007 1:36 AM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I know for a fact that posts have been deleted upon request from the band.

Did they CC you in then?

Pages Previous 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 8:47 PM