Travis

Re: Today's News of YOU
minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Dec, 2008 5:37 PM Quote
The amount of times i have almost died is getting ridiculous!
I just went to the mailbox, which is oh...1.5 blocks away from work and a car was about 25cm from running me over. I was in the middle of crossing the intersection when she decided to turn into it.
Her window was open (it's 10 degrees or something ridiculous for Christmas Eve...and thus very slushy) so i heard her yelling "IM SORRY! IM SO SORRY!" as she drove away

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 24 Dec, 2008 8:29 PM Quote
I don't have to work today, which is great. I don't have to go back there until monday!! :oD

A horrible thing happened to me today.
I've had an ulcer in my gum since sunday, and yesterday the left side of my mouth was soring like hell... and today I woke up with that side of my face all swollen. So I went to the dentist. There were two women (dentists) in the room and it all went like this:

Dentist 1 can't believe I'm wasting her time:
"Why are you here? Just for this? It's an ulcer. It'll go away."

Juli:
"Umm... yeah... but it hurts like hell and my face is all swollen... that's not normal! Isn't there anything I can take for the pain and the swelling?"

Dentist 2 puts her finger in my mouth and starts carelessly touching my injured gum!!!!!:
"Does it hurt?"

Juli: "YESYESYESYES" - as I try to stop the tears falling from my eyes.

Dentist 2 keeps touching:
"Now?"

Juli can't believe the woman, because I'm actually CRYING from the pain and can't control it:
"YES!!!!"

Dentist 2, in a cold tone, not giving a crap: Well, it's an ulcer... I don't know... give her something... some mouth gel.

I, still crying, grab the prescrption Dentist 1 is giving me without even looking at me:
"Ok, thanks. Merry christmas, bye!"

Dentist 1 and 2 don't give a crap and mind their own business, and they not even say goodbye.

I left the office with my face looking more swollen than ever (my upper lip even had a weird shape), hurting more than ever, and crying from the pain, which had never happened to me before.

THANK YOU DENTISTS!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you have a horrible Christmas eve tonight!!!!!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Dec, 2008 8:31 PM Quote
aww, poor Juli!
Stupid mean dentists!
*hug*

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Wed 24 Dec, 2008 8:43 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
aww, poor Juli!
Stupid mean dentists!
*hug*

*Hug*
Thanks Kristy! And try to stay alive today, please!

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Wed 24 Dec, 2008 10:29 PM Quote
Poor Ju!!
The next time go to Hermy. He's a good and adorable dentist.

bogusblue
bogusblue Posted Wed 24 Dec, 2008 11:49 PM Quote
Awww, poor Ju! Hope you're feeling better now :o).
Next time I would take Ro's advice :oP.

Nell
Nell Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 11:52 AM Quote

Dentists are sent from hell.....it's proven now...

I'm saying goodbye now...

Still gotta finish a paper today for uni - then packing and by this time tomorrow I'm heading to a beautiful little cottage up up up in the mountains...where I'm gonna stay for a whole week...all alone.....in quietness...( and with 20 friends..)

So I wish u all a merry xmas, a happy new year - and loooooooooooooooooooooooooooot's of fun!

Goodbye..

lilly
lilly Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 12:09 PM Quote
oh my, poor Juli!
(my uncle is my dentist, so I'm KIND OF "on the safe side", but I think to be a dentist you must have a "sadistic streak"...)

dee
dee Posted Thu 25 Dec, 2008 11:42 PM Quote
just leaned waht a wilhwelm scream is-waching king kong

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Fri 26 Dec, 2008 12:05 AM Quote
dee wrote:
just leaned waht a wilhwelm scream is-waching king kong

Just flicked over for a second, that's jack Black and also that dude from The Darjeeling Limited.

Dubz

mili
mili Posted Fri 26 Dec, 2008 9:05 AM Quote
I'm officially older again, so it's a good reason to open yet another bottle of wine later today. Actually, we're going to do that in a nice restaurant. Yesterday we demolished a lovely bottle of pink champagne I got as a Christmas present followed by some Glühwein, followed by a glass of limoncello… international Christmas!

Chiito-chan
Chiito-chan Posted Fri 26 Dec, 2008 10:36 AM Quote
Holidays. I'm bored. I've got homework. I hate that.

lilly
lilly Posted Fri 26 Dec, 2008 1:26 PM Quote
aaahhhh, mili? is your birthday today?????

I'm close to throwing something (e.g. my not-motivating-looking laptop):
can't concentrate on the dissertation, because everytime I do, I feel a major panic attack creeping into my mind and have to stop. But if I want to pass my Finals, I have only five more weeks to FINISH the dissertation (haha, haven't even started actually WRITING it), because in February I have to start studying for the stupid exams: AAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!

goosey_84
goosey_84 Posted Sun 28 Dec, 2008 2:39 AM Quote
i got pulled over for speeding today...i just finished my online traffic school a few weeks ago. :/

thankfully, the cop gave me a warning! phew!!

Lemon Grinner
Lemon Grinner Posted Sun 28 Dec, 2008 4:06 AM Quote
I went clubbing on my own again for the second time this month again.

But this time I didn't fall over/throw up and I enjoyed myself. :D

Go team Grinner!

Pages Previous 1...43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 Next All Times BST Current Time 1:28 AM