Travis

Re: Last film you saw
MusicGirl99
MusicGirl99 Posted Thu 31 Dec, 2009 7:19 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:
http://static.reelmovienews.com/images/gallery/avatar-movie-poster.jpg

This film was brilliant! And worth it to see in 3D. The story was strong too.

Also, I watched Sherlock Holmes. You can not compare the two, but this was great as well. Loved the opening credits with the film production logos made of cobblestone collected in puddles. And how Holmes analyses something before he does it. :)

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 11 Jan, 2010 12:32 AM Quote
LURVED IT !

http://photogallery.filmofilia.com/data/media/16/the_imaginarium_of_doctor_parnassus_poster_10.jpg

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 11 Jan, 2010 7:11 PM Quote
Wendt to see Avatar on Saturday. Loved it! Really good movie with awesome graphics!

Orane
Orane Posted Thu 21 Jan, 2010 6:22 PM Quote
ricv64 wrote:

http://photogallery.filmofilia.com/data/media/16/the_imaginarium_of_doctor_parnassus_poster_10.jpg

I really want to see this one ! It seems so great !
I just saw The Shining. This is not really a horror movie, but I found it very ... disturbing ! Jack Nicholson is perfect in the role of the father going crazy, and the little boy is a really good actor. He just scared me saying "REDRUM !" all the time !

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 4:11 AM Quote
I watched two films this evening...

Slumdog Millionaire - which was ok, kinda disappointed with the ending tho'. The film was pretty rough and hard going in plces (a'la Citade de Deus) then they go and tack on a Hollywood ending which for me was a bit of a cop out.

El Laberinto Del Fauno (Pan's Labyrinth) - bought it on dvd months ago and have only gotten around to watching it now, The background setting for what is essentially a fairytale is also extremely rough (Spanish Civil War) and it makes no excuses, war crimes are shown in great detail. There's also a few deaths of leading characters (trying not to give too much away). that said it's extremely well shot and I'm probably missing a fair bit in the translation.

Two not bad movies I much preferred the latter tho'. Both were not what I was expecting and as such I would recommend them to most folks just be very aware they are not exactly "feel good" movies or "brain candy" for killing a few hours.

Anyway it's now 4:10am and I'm thinking a bit of anime with New Dominion Tank Police (never seen it) or I could just bung on one of the "Bourne" trilogy that way if I fall asleep it doesn't matter.

Dubz

Peewee
Peewee Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 2:45 PM Quote
Ok lately I have watched:

Me, You and Everyone we Know - awful, just awful!

Spirited Away - so COOOOOOLLLLL!!! Loved it. Don't usually do Anime but it great.

Australia - BRILLIANT, not what I was expecting from Baz Lurhmann(sp?) but I thought it was fantastic. would recommend, esp if you like super long movies.

My Sister's Keeper - made me cry BUCKETS! But good.

monkey
monkey Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 3:56 PM Quote
Peewee wrote:

the trailer to that looks horribly depressing. there is no way i'd watch it

Last films i seen

http://www.musicweb-international.com/film/2003/Dec03/alien_quadrilogy.jpg

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 4:18 PM Quote
monkey wrote:
Peewee wrote:

the trailer to that looks horribly depressing. there is no way i'd watch it

Last films i seen

http://www.musicweb-international.com/film/2003/Dec03/alien_quadrilogy.jpg

I have that boxset, think it was €20 from HMV, I sat and watched them all in a row, Alien and Aliens are very good, Alien 3 is ok but I really don't know why they bothered with Alien Resurrection. That said it's an excellent box set full of brilliant extras including a good bit of imput and artwork from HR Giger. I also think the green plastic used in the interior disc holders is a nice touch.

Dubz

ricv64
ricv64 Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 5:42 PM Quote
alien 3 was the one i didn't care for . wendy you should try princess mononoke

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Mon 25 Jan, 2010 5:55 PM Quote
I saw Sherlock Holmes the other day. If you've read the books and expect something like it, forget about it. You have to watch it as if it was just another movie to entertain yourself for a while, and don't you dare relating it to Conan Doyle. If you're able to do that, then you can enjoy the movie, which is a regular Hollywood movie with action and a few funny moments.
Having said that, it pisses me off how every topic and every story has to be forced into a standard Hollywood production in order to be appealing for an already standarized audience, completely distorting and ruining everything. As a Sherlock Holmes fan myself, the movie is utter crap.

Scottish Dubliner wrote:
I watched two films this evening...

Slumdog Millionaire - which was ok, kinda disappointed with the ending tho'. The film was pretty rough and hard going in plces (a'la Citade de Deus) then they go and tack on a Hollywood ending which for me was a bit of a cop out.

El Laberinto Del Fauno (Pan's Labyrinth) - bought it on dvd months ago and have only gotten around to watching it now, The background setting for what is essentially a fairytale is also extremely rough (Spanish Civil War) and it makes no excuses, war crimes are shown in great detail. There's also a few deaths of leading characters (trying not to give too much away). that said it's extremely well shot and I'm probably missing a fair bit in the translation.

I completely agree with you on what you say about these films. I was very disappointed with Slumdog Millionaire's Hollywood twist.

El Laberinto del Fauno is a great movie. I liked this one much more than Slumdong Millionaire.

Monica
Monica Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2010 4:12 PM Quote
In my opinion, El Laberinto Del Fauno is a shit film. I didn't like it (not even a bit). It's like they want to tell too many things and in the end what they say is nothing. I give it 0 out of 10.

I Came in Through the Bathroom Window
I Came in Through the Bathroom Window Posted Tue 26 Jan, 2010 4:36 PM Quote
Monica wrote:
In my opinion, El Laberinto Del Fauno is a shit film. I didn't like it (not even a bit). It's like they want to tell too many things and in the end what they say is nothing. I give it 0 out of 10.

Really??? I thought it was quite good! What things you say they want to tell? They're not trying to depict an exact story about the civil war, I think it's just a story set in that context. I can't remember how it ends though, lol.

megg_inc
megg_inc Posted Thu 28 Jan, 2010 11:56 PM Quote
Just watched 'Whip It'- wasn't expecting much to be honest. Well, I absolutely adore Drew Barrymore but directing? Chicks rollerblading? Meh. Let's say I wasn't convinced.

But. It's actually AWESOME! It has Ellen Page and Kristen Wiig and Zoe Bell and Juliette Lewis and cute indie boys AND a totally rad soundtrack. Dude, what's not to love? Plus the chicks are really cool and badass. I haven't enjoyed any movie so much in aaaaaages.

Scottish Dubliner
Scottish Dubliner Posted Sat 30 Jan, 2010 11:22 PM Quote
currently watching The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (remake), it's shit. It's missing huge parts of important dialogue and why is Mos def in it, who de fuck cast this??

Dubz

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Mon 08 Feb, 2010 8:19 PM Quote
On Saturday I watched "Rear Window" (which I had seen before) and the updated version, "Disturbia" back to back. Rear Window I could watch over and over again. Disturbia, no. It was suspenseful, but just not as good, and aimed too much as teenagers.

Rear Window is fab, but do you really think an old guy like James Stewart would be trying to break up with Grace Kelly? Or that she would be after him in the first place?

Those Edith Head costumes were gorgeous!
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2383/2102547998_c99044e26c.jpg

Pages Previous 1...37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 Next All Times BST Current Time 4:15 AM