Travis

Re: Leaks or potential leaks
Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:38 PM Quote
Safe Side wrote:
i really cant wait

Nope. I've tried but I don't get it. It's 5 days ffs.

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:40 PM Quote
Im a Greedy little boy im sorry im nice in every other way lol if anyone could send me the link i would really love them forverer and ever amen.....I think its cool people want to wait and i totaly get the whole going to get the Cd thing but realisticly all im going to do is put it on my ipod anyways so gettin a wee sneak doesnt hurt to much i dont think

MoreThanMe
MoreThanMe Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:41 PM Quote
BenFilbert wrote:
Oh you are stealing the album still. I won't apologise then.

Cheers. :-} Btw, Chinese Blues is tremendous. Annnnnyyywaaayyy, ive got it now, so see ya all later.

kevvvy
kevvvy Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:51 PM Quote
Personally I'm going to download it the first opportunity I get. Listen to it a couple of times on my ipod so that I know the tunes in time for Fridays's gig then look forward to the CD popping thru my letterbox on Monday and listen to it on proper speakers! It always sounds better that way and has never spoilt my enjoyment of the actual CD in the past. Bought every single album & single Travis have released but I was one of those kids that used to search for Xmas pressies :). Was crap at finding them mind you lol.
No point arguing about who is right and who is wrong here as everybody is different. And I don't go with the argument that the chart position will be affected as eveey CD in the charts is downloaded anyway. Lets just enjoy it when we want to enjoy it and leave it at that.

Kristy
Kristy Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 12:56 PM Quote
That wasn't the point. The point was that people download it, then moan about the chart position. If there were no downloads the position would obviously be better.
(Not that I'm bothered about this, not sure if Travis are either!)

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 1:21 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
The point was that people download it, then moan about the chart position.

^^^^^ Sad but true.

It's that, plus I don't get the slightly childish (well it's how it comes across to me anyway) "I can't wait" thing.

kevvvy
kevvvy Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 1:21 PM Quote
Kristy wrote:
That wasn't the point. The point was that people download it, then moan about the chart position. If there were no downloads the position would obviously be better.
(Not that I'm bothered about this, not sure if Travis are either!)

Well we'll agree to disagree there :). Obviously the sales would be affected but the chart position wouldn't in my opinion as all albums are affected the same way. You'll probably find that the higher the chart position the more that album has been downloaded. It can work both ways too. I've had a few albums recommended to me, decided to download it to see what I thought and ended up buying all their other albums etc. Personally I don't pay much attention to the charts these days. As long as the music is good and the gigs are sold out I'm happy :)
Hope you enjoy the album anyway.

Tonie
Tonie Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 1:27 PM Quote
What Kristy is saying is that the people on this forum will be outraged if the chart position is low (check this place out when the charts are announced - you'll see!). Yet many of these same people choose to free load, rather than make the purchase.

It's knowing how badly the people here cope with that particular type of disappointment. And at the same time pounce on the freebie with no intention of buying the cd. Double standards.

Safe Side
Safe Side Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 1:36 PM Quote
I dont think thats true tho i think most people on here will by the album. and they ones who dont wont care how it charts. Plus downloading doesnt effect the charts to a huge extent because every album is leaked and infact most albums relased on monday were leaked weeks ago so it all evens out. Personally i hope everyone buys it like i will but i no thats not going to happen its just how things are

Esteban
Esteban Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 2:03 PM Quote
Some right shit being trotted out in this thread. Is it worth ANY OF YOU getting on your high horse over?

jaredsiden
jaredsiden Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 2:09 PM Quote
will somebody please send me link to download? please pm me.

kevvvy
kevvvy Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 2:10 PM Quote
Esteban wrote:
Some right shit being trotted out in this thread. Is it worth ANY OF YOU getting on your high horse over?

Thanks for joining in :)

jaredsiden
jaredsiden Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 2:15 PM Quote
somebody please snd me the link. i think i am gonna have an anxiety attack!! lol.

jesusaremus
jesusaremus Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 2:21 PM Quote
what in the case of "can't import it, gonna buy iit here when it comes on november"?
Well, anyways, can't find the link either XD.
It depends of today at work if i can import it or not actually, if i stay there, i will import it today, if not...gonna download the leak and buy it here on november.

jaredsiden
jaredsiden Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 2:27 PM Quote
will anybody pm me a link? please..........................................

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:29 PM