Travis

Re: Next Boardie Exchange ideas. discuss
lilly
lilly Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 4:53 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

Canadianish is cute though.

"Canadianish money" sounds like something a German would say (seriously, we are veeeery imaginative when it comes to inventing English expressions - always thinking we're saying the correct thing, of course.)

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 4:53 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
usually we get the claim that it is monopoly money bc it is different colours. Even though most other country's money is different colours as well. And now the US is adding tints to their money.
Canadianish is cute though.

I thought about monopoly money but that seemed too easy. Also too easy would be to say your money is maple leaf shaped. Though, truly, that would be awesome.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 5:11 PM Quote
I have a bag of Canadianish money that I don't know what to do with. Businesses are fine about giving you Canadian money, but if you try to spend it, they won't accept it. Even my bank won't take it. :o(

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 5:29 PM Quote
Turtleneck wrote:
I have a bag of Canadianish money that I don't know what to do with. Businesses are fine about giving you Canadian money, but if you try to spend it, they won't accept it. Even my bank won't take it. :o(

your bank wont take it?? You cant exchange it for American? My bank will exchange any currency. This seems wacky to me. Is there a currency exchange booth anywhere that you can take it to? a mall or something?
I guess you will just have to come here and spend it.

I wish our money was maple leaf shaped! how awesome! That might make wallets tricky though.

Turtleneck
Turtleneck Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 5:43 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
Turtleneck wrote:

your bank wont take it?? You cant exchange it for American? My bank will exchange any currency. This seems wacky to me. Is there a currency exchange booth anywhere that you can take it to? a mall or something?
I guess you will just have to come here and spend it.

I wish our money was maple leaf shaped! how awesome! That might make wallets tricky though.

Well, the credit union won't take it and that's where my account is. I suppose if I took it to the bridge they'd exchange it there. And I could shop DUTY FREE! "Raise a glass to the Ambassador!"

Maple leaf shaped bills would be difficult in wallets, for sure. Maple leaf shaped coins could be downright dangerous! Especially to men who keep change in their front pockets. ;o)

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 5:45 PM Quote
oh a credit union. that makes more sense (cents! ha!)
Our pennies have maple leafs on them if that helps at all.

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 6:01 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:

That helps but it's not the same. I remember having a ton of those when I lived in Detroit.

Can an American start a petition to change your money?

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 6:08 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
minnmess wrote:

That helps but it's not the same. I remember having a ton of those when I lived in Detroit.

Can an American start a petition to change your money?

well you probably CAN, but i doubt they will listen! As long as it doesnt involve changing it to all green they might give it a look though. Im going to Ottawa on Oct 17th so i can drop it off at the Mint if you like! Im sure they just let random people drop of petitions.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 6:15 PM Quote
I feel out of the exchange loop. I'm so busy @ work right now...did we decide on something or are we still discussing?? Sorry...I can't read all these pages right now. I vote for chocolate! :D hehe...but I'm up for whatever!

weirdmom
weirdmom Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 6:26 PM Quote
Nikki wrote:
I feel out of the exchange loop. I'm so busy @ work right now...did we decide on something or are we still discussing?? Sorry...I can't read all these pages right now. I vote for chocolate! :D hehe...but I'm up for whatever!

We've moved onto trying to get Canadianish money changed to maple leaf shaped.

Kristy, about the wallet thing. Think what a boom this will be to the wallet industry! It'll force pretty much every Canadite to have to buy a new one! This is good for the economy.

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 6:29 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Nikki wrote:

Kristy, about the wallet thing. Think what a boom this will be to the wallet industry! It'll force pretty much every Canadite to have to buy a new one! This is good for the economy.

Ah. I see. That makes sense. LOL!

No, but really...that would be sweet.

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 6:29 PM Quote
weirdmom wrote:
Nikki wrote:

But i like my pretty plaid coinpurse that doubles as a wallet. I will have to fold and squish my maple leaf shaped bills in there! And the stupid Toronto Maple Leafs will think this is bc of them!

Ya, Nikki, we are throwing out ideas. Some right now are
-Secret Santa
-unsecret Santa/christmas something
-books
-candy
-chocolate bars
-post cards
-cereal
-booze
-hats
-country specific souviner

Nikki
Nikki Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 6:32 PM Quote
minnmess wrote:
weirdmom wrote:
Nikki wrote:

But i like my pretty plaid coinpurse that doubles as a wallet. I will have to fold and squish my maple leaf shaped bills in there! And the stupid Toronto Maple Leafs will think this is bc of them!

Ya, Nikki, we are throwing out ideas. Some right now are
-Secret Santa
-unsecret Santa/christmas something
-books
-candy
-chocolate bars
-post cards
-cereal
-booze

-unsecret Santa/christmas something -

I am ALL for this! We should put a $ limit on it, though. Cool. Thanks girls!!! Back to work!

Anniqua. PM.

moominbadger
moominbadger Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 7:54 PM Quote
I'll happily participate in the exchange, whatever it may be! I love getting mail!

minnmess
minnmess Posted Wed 24 Sep, 2008 8:50 PM Quote
i think i will see how this goes for the next couple days and then have some sorta uber scientific/highly sophisticated vote.
It will go something like this:
"I pick _____"

complicated, eh? (can we have 'eh' shaped currency Anne and Kayte?)

Pages Previous 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Next All Times BST Current Time 12:42 PM